Slimming World Support for Summer 2014

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to see you on here kiwi and welcome spirit.:wave: This is a lovely, supportive thread. Feel free to ask any questions you like.

Thanks for the quark ideas consultant. I like the sound of the JP toppings and dips particularly. A friend told me that as quark takes on flavours so easily, a very small amount of strong cheese (like Stilton) stirred in can give a very cheesy flavour.

Don't worry about your little blow out wiz. It happens.;)

Totally agree with comments about using how clothes feel as a guide. I never weigh at home (worried it would make me OCDish about my weight) and tend to use my skinny jeans to tell me how I'm doing.

Good to hear a consultant from SW on the radio today in the debate about obesity/gastric surgery. Loved that they were calling it a healthy eating plan. IMO too much emphasis on people using faddy diets to lose weight and the wondering why the weight goes back on again when the start eating 'normally'. For me, SW gives a structure to prioritising healthy foods and keeping treats n their rightful place.

I'm calling my menu today Green:
    B: NAS Ribena, HEB porage, HEA milk
    L: fried LO veg (mash, carrot, onion, mushroom, tomato, peas, cabbage) with pickles
    Snack: HEA cheese, grapes
    D: HEB chicken jambalaya with rice and loads of SFs
    Syns: squirt of syrup and weekend wine!
  • SpiritoftheSouthWest
    Options
    I've been following the EE plan from last Monday; so next Monday will be my first WI on the Challenge. I think I'll try for 7lbsfor my target please Annie.
    Joined Slimming World originally in December 05 at 17st 9lb and then followed a very hilly route. I now weigh 11st 12 lbs. Whoops, I'll now have to confess to being 12st 12lbs.:o
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening All.

It's great to have so many new faces here - although there are some people we are missing; hope they pop in soon.

Today has been meh :) meh :) meh

Today in chronological order-

meh 1 - Stupidly weighed myself (never, never, never weigh out of time) to find ANOTHER 2lbs on

Breakfast: hexb weetabix with hexa milk and raspberries

:) - went shopping for some clothes and managed an 18 all over. Wow, I'm usually bigger on bottom. I had bought trousers w/o trying on because they were only £5 odd in Debenhams sale, thinking they'd be a nice incentive but still no loss if they had to lurk for ages (or be turfed if they were awful)

meh 2: got home and then noticed someone has scraped the wheel arch on my car; it's a real mess, grrrrrrrrrrr!

:) - had leftover whatever soup for lunch instead of eating when I was out, not even a snack

meh 3: OH had been out all day bowling and brought home fish and chips - which , of course, I ate.

Guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

Hope you're all managing better than me. Night all.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Great to have new sary on board but has anyone seen sarymclary recently? I'm guessing it's because of her new job .:hello:if you're lurking sarymclary.

:hello: I'm here! Trying to lurk, but failing sometimes, but I have much less time nowadays for reading all the posts on here, and by golly, can't you lot chat!! :D

Have also been a bit dismal SW wise, and gained 1lb last week, and 0.5lb the week before. Need more structure to meals, need to stop eating so much bread, need to stop relying on quick-fix meals to fill a hole, and need to eat more SF's. At least I know why I've gained.

Sorry I've not been able to keep up so much with all of you. I have tried to read in blocks, and was pretty much up to date a week ago, but then haven't read since last Sunday, so I'm going to give up trying to keep up, but try to post more regularly anyway. Apologies if I'm not fully up to speed with everyone's news. Hope you're all OK.

Have tried to have a better SW day, and am going to post my day's food here, as a way of attempting to get back on track.

Today was a Green Day:
    Brunch - 2 slices toast HeB x 2. Light flora (1), low sugar jam (2)
    Dinner - Mixed salad, with pickled onions, beetroot, cucumber, tomatoes, cooked chicken pieces (5 syns), followed by strawberries with banana, and lf cream (1.5)
    HeA 1 - milk in teas, not had 2nd one.

Supper - ruined the day with a KitKat (12)
    Total syns = far too many!

I've bought some plain rice in frozen portion sizes, that I can have for my lunches next week. I come home for lunch, but need something that's quick to make. More preparation is needed, but I've felt very tired, been * week the last few days, and also have a bit of a UTI, so feeling rather weary and grotty hasn't helped.

Been shopping today, stocked up on lots of fruit & veg, and aiming to be much better organised. Roast chicken dinner planned for tomorrow.... see! I said I was going to be more organised, that's 1 meal this week already!

Am not going to join in the challenge this time around, as I can't be trusted to remember to post regularly enough, but will still be trying my own way to get back on track,and get beyond the next stone marker (12lbs away). Will feel much happier all round if i can do that. Only 7 weeks until we go away on holiday, so would really like to aim for that if possible. I've found my losses very slow this time around though, so not wanting to set an unattainable target, and then get all demoralised. It's as much a battle inside my head, as it is with controlling what I put in my gob!
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to see you sary :wave:
    Hope job going well.
    Take care :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • msgnomey
    msgnomey Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    evening all

May I join in?

Have been doing SW with a friend for moral support, we text each other what we eat and it really helps to be accountable. So far she has lost 4 stone since Christmas and I've been doing it for 4 weeks(?) and has lost 9lbs

Today was EE
    Breky
    Weetabix crunchy bran and fat free yogurt (HEXB)

lunch
    sliced roast chicken breast
    cherries banana

tea
    stir fry beef in black bean sauce, chicken with ginger, rice, noodle, bean sprouts (4)

Supper
    cherries, grapes, blueberries, grapefruit lacto free yog (3.5)
    2 small chocolates (2)

Milk in coffee (HEXA)
    so I'm declaring 9.5 syns for the day
    Go hopefully into each new day, enjoy something from every day no matter how small, you never know when it will be your last
  • tazzyb
    tazzyb Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    Some fab ideas for Quark there. Already use it but there are some suggestions that never occurred to me.

I need to find some of those Honeymonster Stixs. How many can you have as a HEB?

Love slimming world chips but they are a faff on. Next time I have some spare time I will be freezing some par boiled potatoes. Do you defrost them before cooking?

Feel more positive today. Had a one and a half hour walk with the dogs so thats a good amount of body magic.

EE day for me today.

Breakfast - 2 x ryvita, 2 x lcl, nectarine, banana
    Lunch - butternut squash and carrot curry, with extra veg and bulger wheat.
    Tea - fish, salad, super rice (with extra veg) Strawberries, grapes and shape activa 0 fat yoghurt

Snacks - melon, hard boiled egg

Hea - milk and 2 x lcl
    Heb - 2 x ryvita

Syns - coconut milk 1, tassimo creamer pod 2. Working till 4am so might have a curly wurly or packet of crisps.
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    5lbs off for me please Annie. First weigh in this morning. So starting a new week today.

Planning on getting some gardening done today, as DH and DS1 are off to see the Tarzan movie so me and DS2 will have a bimble about the graden instead.
  • durham_mim
    durham_mim Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, feeling much better after a good nights sleep, I was in bed by 10pm! The massage just left me feeling washed out, even this morning I feel like I've done a full work out.

My meals yesterday consisted of a full english breakfast/brunch complete with toast, pastries etc. I drank water and iced tea through the day and had an apple as a snack. Then in the afternoon we had an afternoon tea which consisted of 3 finger sandwiches, 4 cakes and a scone with clotted cream. So although I only had 2 meals I was well over on syns even with those banked. I did manage to swim 3 lengths in the pool so hopefully that will have helped. Definitely back on track today but will be off plan on Monday as it will be another full English for breakfast and another afternoon tea.

EE Menu:

B: Crunchy bran, cherries & ff yoghurt.
    L: Pork chop, mashed potato, SW Roasties, 3 types of veg & gravy.
    Nectarine.
    T: Ham sandwich (wholemeal bread), butter (2 syns). Fruit. Freddo
    Milk for tea.

BM: 10 min walking.
    Weight loss 0/2st
    Inch loss = 0"

Slow & Steady 3
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NOT a good weekend. Praying for an STS tomorrow. but I fear it is unlikely.

Back on track today

B - Bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans

D - Mug shot and fruit

T - HM cheeseburger, SW chips, salad

HEXA - Milk/cheese
    HEXB - Great white roll

Syns - A few haribo watching the match later

Body magic - housework :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories