Slimming World Support for Summer 2014

Options

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a measley 0.5lb off or me despite a pretty good week until yesterday.

I weighed in at the chemist; and usually do it either there you at my parents but there is some differences in what they red so I think I may have to bite the bullet and get some scales of my ownbut be disciplined about not weighing myself everyday etc

yesterday started very well but then I had some very upsetting news that a dear friend of our family, who I have known my whole life, has lost her most recent health battle and passed away :( as a result I had to grab a quick lunch and didn't feel like cooking tea so bf's family took us out. In the end the day went like this:

Breakfast: tea (milk from HeA) 2 weetabix (HeB) with a large banana and strawberries plus rest of HeA milk
    lunch: few grapes, small wholemeal roll (6syn) with 1 slice ham
    tea: carvery; turkey and beef (lean) with masg, carrots, swede, cabbage, 1 tbs cauliflower cheese, 1 small yorkshire and a small stuffing ball
    2 medium glasses of white wine
    once home: glass of chocolate milk,mini daim chocolate x3 and 2 ginger nut biscuits :(

Body magic : 2 miles walking

today I am concentrating mostly on making sure mum is alright as she was closest with the family friend so not too worried about being on plan as you can see;

Breakfast: 2 fruited american style pancakes and a cup of tea
    Lunch: probably just fruit and a mullerlight if I get chance
    Tea: either a turkey dinner (mini midweek roasties [ approx 50g] tiny yorkshire pud, lean turkey and mixed veg plus a little gravy) or chicken casserole with dumplings, mini midweek roasties [again approx 50g] and a little cauliflower cheese...depends on timings and where we end up though ultimately.

My mum and I have struck a deal that we will both focus 100% on healthy eating (her) or sticking to plan (me) for the next two weeks excluding the 25th as that's my birthday and we are going to the zoo on the friday followed by a BBQ on the saturday (though that will be SW for me as it's my BBQ haha the zoo picnic less so.
    Then straight back on it, for me I'm on holiday 01st-8th August with bf and his parents and I will not be spending the time we have together counting and cutting out as we get so little time together now its nice to just go with it. II'll then be straight back on it for 2/3 weeks before the next week long holiday then back on it 100% to target...hoping the holidays/treat days will help motivate me now.

Can't wait for a new pay month to start as it falls onmy birthday and means I can get plenty of fruit in to take to the caravan (my food/drink stash is 100% SW friendly...other than the wine ;) ) breakfasts will be cereal or toast or bacon and eggs (scrambled for me, lean bacon) hoping all the walking, swimming and playing will cancel out the rest haha
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • SpiritoftheSouthWest
    SpiritoftheSouthWest Posts: 222 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2014 at 12:43PM
    Options
    Hi everyone.

We'll having signed on with you so to speak, it has given me extra determination; so I have been busy menu planning.

Today's plan:-

Skimmed milk for drinks HexA

B:- 35gr oats HexB
    Activia 0% yogurt
    Banana

L:- Salmon
    Lettuce
    Cucumber
    Tomatoes
    Potatoes
    ELF Mayo 2tbs 2syns
    Orange

D:- Smoked pork
    Runner beans
    HM Ratatouille
    Potatoes
    Apple

Sn:- 2 digestive biscuits 7syns

I do like the suggestions for quark. Must put that on my shopping list.
    Thank you Consultant.

X Spirit
    Joined Slimming World originally in December 05 at 17st 9lb and then followed a very hilly route. I now weigh 11st 12 lbs. Whoops, I'll now have to confess to being 12st 12lbs.:o
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So sorry for your loss lushlifesaver, well done for working out a plan.
    Slimming World at target
  • Kiwisaver_2
    Kiwisaver_2 Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Good to see you on here kiwi

Thanks and nice to see you here too Maman.

Today wasn't half as bad as it could have been and I think I have made an acceptable first stab; making the best I could with what I do have and trying to keep it husband friendly. We generally have two meals on Sunday; breakfast/brunch and dinner with dessert - with some baked goodies, cake or biscuits featuring at some point in the afternoon. So definitely missing out on the sweet treats today.

It seems like I have been planning and thinking about food all day long but not in a bad way, just trying to work out what to have.

B - Scrambled eggs, tomatoes, toast x 2 (large granary)

D - Roast chicken, roast potatoes and pile of roasted veggies: butternut squash, leek, carrots, red onion, red pepper and celery plus some Bisto gravy.

HEXA - Milk in drinks and scrambled egg
    HEXB - Counting 1 x toast even though it wasn't wholemeal

Syns
    1 x Toast
    1.5 x teaspoon butter on toast and scrambled egg
    1 x teaspoon olive oil on roast potatoes veggies
    Gravy

I'm halfway there for tomorrow having prepped my breakfast (yoghurt and fruit) and made my lunch: small piece of baked salmon, with brown rice and salad - homemade dressing with soy sauce, garlic and lime juice.

I may have to get to the shops to find something to go with remains of roast chicken for dinner tomorrow.
    Mortgage
    Start January 2017: $268,012
    Latest balance $266,734
    Reduction: $1,278.45
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sending you a big hug lush and my condolences to you and your family.

I think your plan sounds good and I completely agree with you about enjoying the holiday. You'll soon get back on plan afterwards. Great pact with your mum about the healthy eating.

Kiwisaver wrote: »
    Thanks and nice to see you here too Maman.

Today wasn't half as bad as it could have been and I think I have made an acceptable first stab; making the best I could with what I do have and trying to keep it husband friendly.

It seems like I have been planning and thinking about food all day long but not in a bad way, just trying to work out what to have.

Considering you have to eat up what's in first then you haven't done too bad at all. Obviously when you can buy in wholemeal and frylight then you won't need to syn those but you still need syns don't forget. Is it easy to get SW type stuff in NZ? Personally I don't put butter on toast if I'm having 'wet' things on top but each to his own.

:T amazing loss maisie, you must be delighted with your first week.

Good to see you sary. Hope the job's going well and good luck with planning the quick turnaround lunches. I portioned up some soup for the freezer yesterday but otherwise I just manage with leftovers or an omelette/frittata but I suppose that might take a bit too long.

MY EE plan for today:
    B:NAS Ribena, baked beans, HEB toast
    L: vegetable soup
    D: roast beef, roast potatoes and parsnips, cabbage, cauli, broccoli, carrots
    Syns: scrape of spread, gravy, weekend wine.;)

I'm going to one of those 'nibble party' things tomorrow (end of term at my dance class) I really hate them but it would be anti social not to go. I'll have my supper beforehand and then it's just eating for the sake of it! I'm planning a Green day and then taking celery bites stuffed with Philly. Then I just have to resist what other people bring. :(
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome. EE Menu for today:

Brunch - 2 x Weetabix (HEB) with semi-skimmed milk (HEA) and a banana
    Fruit for snacks
    Dinner - Lean roast lamb, roast spuds in fry light, veg and SW cauliflower cheese (2.5)

Today I didn't eat until just now (didn't get up until 10!) so I've effectively skipped lunch.

First (hopefully!) weight loss weigh in tomorrow. I've meal planned (sort of, I can change my mind if I want to) and have shopped. Got a fridge full of healthy stuff.

One thing I have noticed is that although I can eat loads and loads, I am actually eating less. Yesterday I did three scrambled eggs with fresh chives and a dollop of fat free creme fraiche, a slice of toast, tomatoes and a large mushroom cooked in Frylight. Left about a third of it. Is this normal?
  • gbatey
    gbatey Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Little bit of Body Magic today-just done the Great North 10k run earlier!
    Debt free 2018 :)

Wins for 2020: April - Flowers, Keyring
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well done gbatey! It's been awful weather for it Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done gbatey. makes me exhausted just thinking about it.
    Slimming World at target
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gbatey wrote: »
    Little bit of Body Magic today-just done the Great North 10k run earlier!

That's amazing.:T Many congratulations. I was only thinking today how much fitter I'm feeling but I'm not in your league!:rotfl:
    Thanks for the warm welcome. EE Menu for today:

Brunch - 2 x Weetabix (HEB) with semi-skimmed milk (HEA) and a banana
    Fruit for snacks
    Dinner - Lean roast lamb, roast spuds in fry light, veg and SW cauliflower cheese (2.5)

One thing I have noticed is that although I can eat loads and loads, I am actually eating less. Yesterday I did three scrambled eggs with fresh chives and a dollop of fat free creme fraiche, a slice of toast, tomatoes and a large mushroom cooked in Frylight. Left about a third of it. Is this normal?

I find it varies. Some days I could eat and eat others I don't fancy lunch just snack on a banana.

Are you doing the recipe for cauli cheese on the SW site? I'd like to hear how you get on with it as I adore the 'full fat' version. I banned myself from having it when I was getting to target but now it's back on the menu.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure