Slimming World Support for Summer 2014

Options

Comments

• gbatey
    gbatey Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure how but somehow I've managed to lose 2lbs this week! For the chart Annie :-)
    Debt free 2018 :)

Wins for 2020: April - Flowers, Keyring
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great to have new sary on board but has anyone seen sarymclary recently? I'm guessing it's because of her new job .:hello:if you're lurking sarymclary.
  • Kiwisaver_2
    Kiwisaver_2 Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening redsary
    Welcome to the thread, we are a friendly bunch
    We are running a challenge (July - Aug/ 8 weeks)
    If you want to join just let me know your goal for the 8 weeks and then post your losses etc in red and I will add them to the chart. I will thank your post to say I've seen it and then update the chart. I will post chart every Sunday
    Good luck

Hi Annie and everyone else, please may I join in with your challenge - I'm going with a goal to lose 7 pounds as there are now seven weeks remaining.

I shall have to do a bit of studying, as I only had a brief dabble with SW a long time ago and failed then to get my act together and understand all the syns etc. I have already done my shopping, so this week will be a bit hit and miss as I'll have to work with what I have.
    Mortgage
    Start January 2017: $268,012
    Latest balance $266,734
    Reduction: $1,278.45
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    this is about the Honey Monster 'Stix' a cereal bar/hifi a-like branded with the Honey Monster (from Sugar puffs cereal) I've only been able to find them in my local Fultons Foods though not the usual supermarkets.

This is them: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=277804898

Oh my, these are just too nice. I bought two packs at Home Bargains and fortunately gave one to my daughter. I say fortunately because it took me several weeks to get round to opening the remaining pack but when I did, I'm ashamed to say I ate the lot, one after the other :o

This is why I don't buy things in......it's the only way I can keep control :(
    beanielou wrote: »
    Gutted to report a 2 lb gain this week.
    Was not expecting it & diden't see it coming.
    I was hoping for a loss & to go back down into the next stone.
    So I was really disappointed.
    & totally surprised at how grumpy it has made me feel.
    I do not want to react in that way to a number on the scales :mad: at myself.

Sorry for your disappointment Beanie, but it will pan out if you keep focussed. Put it in a little box at the back of your mind and stick to plan for the next week. How are your waistbands feeling? I always think that's a better indicator than the scales anyway. Chin up and look forward :)
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought some quark yesterday and thought it might be useful to remind people how very versatile it is. Here are just a few ways you can use it but I'm sure there are many others:-

Add very low fat fromage frais to quark with some herbs & garlic to make a lovely dip.

Add garlic or chilli puree to a tub of quark, mix together and keep in the fridge to add to almost anything! Try dipping SW chips into it or use as a topping for jacket potatoes.

Mix quark with a tin of tuna, chopped spring onion, red pepper and a teaspoon of paprika for a sandwich filling or jacket potato topping.

Mix salmon with a tub of quark place on a bed of rocket leaves and top with asparagus and black pepper. Lovely as a starter.

Mix quark with cooked leeks, mushrooms, fat free fromage frais or yogurt and stir through pasta for a nice creamy sauce.

Quark is a good alternative to cottage cheese when making quiche, just whisk it into the eggs and pour over the base mixture.

Make a sugar free jelly up as the packet says and set aside to cool (2 syns). Mix a matching flavoured Mullerlight (ie: strawberry Muller with strawberry jelly) with a pot of quark. Carefully stir in the cooled but not set jelly and allow to set in the fridge over night.

Mix equal parts quark and Mullerlight (any flavour). Add a little sweetener and put into ice cream maker for a delicious frozen dessert!

Add sweetener to quark, mix well and use as a free topping on fruit.
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    Options
    I lost 2lb this week after a few not so good weeks. Want to lose 6lb before my hols on 11th August. I will not be doing slimming world at all for that week. Then I'll see after that if I need to maintain or lose the lbs I put on while away.
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aww Beanie sorry you have been disappointed, whenever I have had a gain I didn't expect as know I have kept to plan then I tell myself fits impossible to have put that much fat on and convince myself its just extra fluid, I do think going by how clothes fit is better than watching the scales sometimes. Bet you have a great loss next time.
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am preparing a curry, rice and sw chips as DGS coming today and he wants Chinese, so I need to have mine sorted before I pick up the phone to order his, otherwise I just know I will think sod it and go off plan. saves a few bob as well.
    Slimming World at target
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    I am preparing a curry, rice and sw chips as DGS coming today and he wants Chinese, so I need to have mine sorted before I pick up the phone to order his, otherwise I just know I will think sod it and go off plan. saves a few bob as well.

Great idea on both counts.
    Enjoy time with your DGS :)

Happy weekend all :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kiwisaver wrote: »
    Hi Annie and everyone else, please may I join in with your challenge - I'm going with a goal to lose 7 pounds as there are now seven weeks remaining.

I shall have to do a bit of studying, as I only had a brief dabble with SW a long time ago and failed then to get my act together and understand all the syns etc. I have already done my shopping, so this week will be a bit hit and miss as I'll have to work with what I have.

Hello kiwisaver
    Welcome aboard
    I'll add you to the chart
    Good luck x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business