Slimming World Support for Summer 2014

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can anyone quick me a quick run down of green days? I usually do extra easy but am considering mixing it up a bit if i can get my head round it!

Today I've had:
    2 weetabix (HeB) with milk (HeA) plus a banana and strawberries
    some flavoured cous cous (1 syn at the most) with grapes and a cappuccino mullerlight
    4 pringles (4syn?)
    2 mini daims (5 syn)
    few more grapes
    salad: lettuce, tomato, beetroot, cucumber, 3 slices of wafer thin ham

Would it be worth synning the ham and adding an extra HeA/HeB and trying for a green day? or have I got this all wrong in my head?

You can have 100 to 113g of wafer thin ham on Green days depending on the brand. That would count as a HEB. If you syn it you could have extra bread or crackers or whatever instead. You just need to weigh up the syn values to decide which way is best.

So if you did that then you'd have a HEA to spare on Green like cheese or extra milk.

I often have 'accidental' Green days as although we eat meat regularly we have very small portions so if I count my bread/cereal as one HEB and my meat as another that allows for both my milk and eg. a portion of cheese. I still stick to my at least a third of SFs though although SW don't say it's essential.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Consultant.

Sorry about the gain Beanie. Same thing happened to me this week and you told me to keep at it. We can keep at it together! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Crabapple wrote: »
    Thanks, me and hubby were just discussing that and whether it would work to cut down prep time! Not going to eat chips on a regular basis but it will be nice to have them now and again. I'll have to get hubby to eat up the rest of the oven chips we have in the freezer.

Just watching 'Obese: A year to save my life USA'. The guy is 651lb to start with which is over 46 stone :eek:

I eat SW chips on a very regular basis.:D

I parboil mine for 5 mins then cool/dry for a bit then cook for about 30 mins at about 200 degrees. I find the best way is to lay them on one of those mesh mats (from £ shop) on top of a baking tray. Re-usable and stops them sticking.

I've been listening with interest about surgery for Type2 diabetes and shouting SW at my radio!!
  • Sally22_2
    Sally22_2 Posts: 677 Forumite
    Options
    Yay lovely new thread!!

I lost 0.5lb this week. Bit disappointed but I kind of expected a smaller loss this week so cant be too hard on myself. Aiming for 2lb next week :)
    Slimming World Member - Started 05/02/15

• Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Gutted to report a 2 lb gain this week.
    Was not expecting it & diden't see it coming.
    I was hoping for a loss & to go back down into the next stone.
    So I was really disappointed.
    & totally surprised at how grumpy it has made me feel.
    I do not want to react in that way to a number on the scales :mad: at myself.
    It's happened to me twice, total shock! Just dust yourself down, if you've been good it will show at some point x
  • Redsary
    Redsary Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone
    long time MSE lurker and reader.... just found the new thread after being brave and posting in the old one!

Signed up tonight hoping to find some support to lose a stone or so - put on over the last 18 months due to ill health :o and stopping smoking :T. Feel so huge now :( . Signed up to SW with a friend a couple of years ago just to take off half a stone and didn't manage much due to various circumstances but liked the healthy eating approach. Now however, my clothes don't fit and I don't want to buy bigger and slide into accepting I am bigger....

Class in my local fairly rural area clashes with something else I do and need to continue doing, so I am going to be using my books and hoping for some moral support - this thread seems very friendly :D

Planning to start tomorrow, I think my downfall at the moment is partly evening nibbling and too many glasses of wine over the week - not a huge amount, but looking at the syns, they seem to add up, and added to less energy and activity after being unwell....

Any tips very welcome and I'm sure to have questions!
    R
    SW Challenge summer 2014 - lose 10lb - 6/10 :j
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    You can have 100 to 113g of wafer thin ham on Green days depending on the brand. That would count as a HEB. If you syn it you could have extra bread or crackers or whatever instead. You just need to weigh up the syn values to decide which way is best.

So if you did that then you'd have a HEA to spare on Green like cheese or extra milk.

I often have 'accidental' Green days as although we eat meat regularly we have very small portions so if I count my bread/cereal as one HEB and my meat as another that allows for both my milk and eg. a portion of cheese. I still stick to my at least a third of SFs though although SW don't say it's essential.

Thanks maman :) can't find a syn value online for the ham so may have to hold off on turning it in to a green day. It's ASDA smart price ham 400g but not the wafer thin stuff :/
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Annie021063
    Options
    Good evening redsary
    Welcome to the thread, we are a friendly bunch
    We are running a challenge (July - Aug/ 8 weeks)
    If you want to join just let me know your goal for the 8 weeks and then post your losses etc in red and I will add them to the chart. I will thank your post to say I've seen it and then update the chart. I will post chart every Sunday
    Good luck
  • Redsary
    Redsary Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening redsary
    Welcome to the thread, we are a friendly bunch
    We are running a challenge (July - Aug/ 8 weeks)
    If you want to join just let me know your goal for the 8 weeks and then post your losses etc in red and I will add them to the chart. I will thank your post to say I've seen it and then update the chart. I will post chart every Sunday
    Good luck

Thank you Annie!

My goal for the challenge will be lets say, 10lbs? - Im starting a little late, and have a few days away to visit friends during the time... Hope thats a sensible target...
    R
    SW Challenge summer 2014 - lose 10lb - 6/10 :j
  • Annie021063
    Options
    Redsary wrote: »
    Thank you Annie!

My goal for the challenge will be lets say, 10lbs? - Im starting a little late, and have a few days away to visit friends during the time... Hope thats a sensible target...
    R
    Sounds good
    I'll add you to the chart x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills