Slimming World Support for Summer 2014

Options

Comments

• tracey12_2
    tracey12_2 Posts: 425 Forumite
    Options
    I bought some quark yesterday and thought it might be useful to remind people how very versatile it is. Here are just a few ways you can use it but I'm sure there are many others:-

Add very low fat fromage frais to quark with some herbs & garlic to make a lovely dip.

Add garlic or chilli puree to a tub of quark, mix together and keep in the fridge to add to almost anything! Try dipping SW chips into it or use as a topping for jacket potatoes.

Mix quark with a tin of tuna, chopped spring onion, red pepper and a teaspoon of paprika for a sandwich filling or jacket potato topping.

Mix salmon with a tub of quark place on a bed of rocket leaves and top with asparagus and black pepper. Lovely as a starter.

Mix quark with cooked leeks, mushrooms, fat free fromage frais or yogurt and stir through pasta for a nice creamy sauce.

Quark is a good alternative to cottage cheese when making quiche, just whisk it into the eggs and pour over the base mixture.

Make a sugar free jelly up as the packet says and set aside to cool (2 syns). Mix a matching flavoured Mullerlight (ie: strawberry Muller with strawberry jelly) with a pot of quark. Carefully stir in the cooled but not set jelly and allow to set in the fridge over night.

Mix equal parts quark and Mullerlight (any flavour). Add a little sweetener and put into ice cream maker for a delicious frozen dessert!

Add sweetener to quark, mix well and use as a free topping on fruit.

I use 0.5 tub of quark, mixed with a sachet of white choc options or 11g from a large tub (2 syns) and mix and then have on top of fruit or use the mix for a cheats cheesecake as below.

I use a Alpen light double choc bar (0.5 HEB), put in the microwave for a few seconds to soften, put in a small container for the cheesecake bottom, spread the quark/white choc options mix on the top and then top with fruit of your choice, yummy for 2 syns

Tracey
    Officially debt free :j
  • SpiritoftheSouthWest
    Options
    Please may I join your challenge as I have recently put on a stone and would like to loose it again.
    Joined Slimming World originally in December 05 at 17st 9lb and then followed a very hilly route. I now weigh 11st 12 lbs. Whoops, I'll now have to confess to being 12st 12lbs.:o
  • Redsary
    Redsary Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, loving some of the meal ideas! I have never used quark and didn't really know what it was so looked it up and will get some tomorrow - sounds very versatile!

Well, Day 1 and I've stocked up on fruit and veg etc. I've been a bit too good though, and only eaten a banana and a small piece of steamed salmon all day - I was just busy and didn't realise the time! At least I walked past the chip shop and bakers without going in, and bought the bananas instead, so first healthy choice made instead of the easy choice :D

Steak, veggies and some new potatoes for dinner, then I'll use some syns on a glass of wine since its the weekend :p

Hope everyone's enjoying the day

R
    SW Challenge summer 2014 - lose 10lb - 6/10 :j
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Busy day running around doing stuff and then started clearing out cupboards etc this afternoon.

EE as always and food planned is

Breakfast: mushroom and tomato omlette with bacon, DG coffee (2.5 syns)

lunch: ham and pasta salad with fat free vinaigrette dressing.

dinner: chicken drumsticks, sw chips and leftover salad from yesterday (salad mix of cucumber tomato onion mint corriander chilli and lemon juice).

Snack: strawberries and ML yoghurt.
    500ml rose wine (18 syns)

Syns: today 20.5
    bank used: 103.5 remaining 1.5
    lol 1.5 under for the week.
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please may I join your challenge as I have recently put on a stone and would like to loose it again.
    Hi spirit
    Of course you can, what is your goal for the end of August?
    If you state your losses in red I can see them easily, I will add you to the challenge and you will get to see the chart every Sunday night
    Good luck
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    OMG what have I done. I have only gone and had 2 sausage rolls, along with my new potatoes instead of veggie sausage and mash. I have ruined my week it does n't take much for me to gain. Anyway, if I keep to the plan tomorrow I may be ok fingers crossed.:mad:

My menu tomorrow will be E E

B. All bran Branflakes A/B blue berries raspberries and strawberries.

Snack. Yoghurt, orange

L. Ham salad, beetroot & pickles

Snack. Alpen light bar 3 Syns satsuma x2

D. Steak, mixed vegetables. Roast pots, jersey pots gravy 2 Syns

Supper walkers baked crisps 4. 5 Syns

A milk B cereal
    9.5 Syns :D
  • durham_mim
    durham_mim Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's a STSthis week, at least I haven't gained.

Had a lovely day at the spa and completely full with cakes now :D
    Weight loss 0/2st
    Inch loss = 0"

Slow & Steady 3
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,647 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    durham~glad you had a lovely spa day ( & cake :) )
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • blue_eyed_girl
    blue_eyed_girl Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the shiney new thread Consultant. :)

Welcome to all our newbies. :hello:

Sounds as though you have had a perfect durham ;)

Had a lovely meal tonight done in the slow cooker - carribean (sp?) chicken. Adapted recipe to make it SW friendly - used tinned pineapple and semi dried apricots for hexs. Was supposed to use tinned peaches in juice but lidl only had in syrup this morning so decided to swap for apricots.

The sky has gone very black and it feels as though we are heading for a storm :(

Take care everyone

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all
    Posting chart tonight as I'm out most of tomorrow
    Please let me know if I've missed anyone or not got goals/losses
    Chart is in 2 as there are so many of us, I'm looking at how I can get it to one chart
    14634231681_08b0513c50.jpg
    image by annie_w32, on Flickr
    14614475716_c44dee09a1.jpg
    image by annie_w32, on Flickr
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business