My Diary v3.0

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Update on THE PLAN..
    This plan will mainly comprise of the following...

1. putting OH on a budget... for everything He doesn't appear to have spent an additional penny this week.
    2. reducing our food bill significantly £50-55 is good for us
    3. limiting 'takeaways' to 1 a month (max!) haven't had one since the new year!
    4. diverting surplus from the house account every month pennies moved around as appropriate
    5. ebaying like mad... 3 items sold so far this year with 15 items still active including one due to finish (on auction) Sunday which already has bids. Been a bit slow - but every little helps!
    6. trying to get my head round reclaiming ppi for OH (I hate the thought of paying a company to do it - but it is a case of just getting my head round how to) haven't mustered the brain-power for this yet!
    7. persuing both flight delay claims (one should be easier than the other!) NBA LETTER SENT FOR LAST YEARS CLAIM!! Go me!!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 January 2015 at 11:41PM
    :j OMG! NATSPLATNAT!

How are you my friend?

I don't know if you remember me? We used to post on each other's diaries years ago (about the time of my LBM).

I haven't read all the way through your current diary but I'll catch up soon.

Sending love and hugs :)
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • natsplatnat
    Hi KD!! *waves*

Glad you caught up with me!!

I am good... still plodding along paying my debts but the end is in sight (for the second time!!)

I have to confess in advance that this is not the most interesting diary in the world - but it keeps me accountable. There are no mad 'plans' as such, I have been on this road for long enough now to know what works for me and what doesn't!

Another 40 weeks and it will be done, if not sooner...if I can manage it!

On the topic of point 7 of my plan I sent the NBA email yesterday and received a reply saying they are sorry for the delay, but they have a huge amount of claims to go through and mine is still being investigated! Yeah right!! Well they now have 13 days to reply in full or I am off to the small claims court! GULP!

Have a great weekend all, the sun is shining here at the moment although it isn't particularly warm. Wish me luck... I am off for a jog / run this afternoon. 2015 is the year Nats starts to run!!! lol xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Morning!

Just to record that on Saturday, I went running!! Well, jogging/walking really but running sounds sooo much better. Following my friends running plan it was 1 minute running (I am going to stick with running instead of jogging) and then 3 minutes walking. We covered 2.77miles in total. I think I could have done longer running stints and shorter walking stints but I need a running partner... and I suppose its better to start slowly than get injured! Was supposed to head out again tonight, but I have either got a stinking cold or I am allergic to running!

Nothing to report money wise. Felt full of snot since late Sat afternoon so not been anywhere or done anything!! Good for the bank balance!!

Right must plod on at work. Everything seems so much more hard work when your head is fuzzy!
  • natsplatnat
    Q.co due to pay out £3.28! YAY!
  • Q.co due to pay out £3.28! YAY!

:j:j

YAY!!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • natsplatnat
    It really is the small things / free things that fill me with joy!! lol
  • natsplatnat
    Slightly chilly, vaguely snowy good morning everyone!

Having sat in front of my computer screen for about 30mins trying to remember my banking log on (bearing in mind I log on to this account at least twice a week!!) my brain finally clicked in and I have viewed my accounts! Nothing particularly exciting to report. Waiting for the £3.28 from Q.co to arrive. They have also just released another £3.74, so I have requested that to be paid too!

I have just properly looked at my signature and I can't believe I have been battling to get rid of my debt since 2008. When I finish this year (I WILL FINISH!!) it will be 1 month short of 7 years. Ridiculous!! I will not let it drag on any further!!

Saying that though - I started this diary and indeed this portion of my journey 30 weeks ago.. that time has flied!! Almost halfway there!! YAY!

A week today I can start proceedings against the airline for delay compensation if they haven't come back to me with a full explanation / payout!

Still full of snot and have developed a lovely hacking cough so haven't been running this week - although I did go circuit training on Wednesday, which was hard work!

I start house-sitting tomorrow for 8 days. That should nett me some 'expenses' - on top of that I will be staying within walking distance to work, so a saving on petrol too! Will have to leave OH to do his own food shopping for next week - should be ok!!?

Right, must do some work - as apparently that is what I am here for!

Have a great weekend all, if you have snow take care!!
  • natsplatnat
    Good frosty and freezing morning to you all! Brrr

Just to update that Q.co has updated and will be paying out £5.33 this week. Ker-ching!! lol

Caved in Friday night and had a Chinese - first of the year and if I can keep it to one a month then that's fine. It was bloomin' marvellous!

House-sitting going well. Food all bought for the week for £24.00. Not too shabby at all. Car parked on the drive and it should stay there apart from going training on Wednesday. Anticipated miles saved this week = 100!!

Ebay has gone dead quiet - nothing sold since the middle of Jan - keep re-listing and tweaking descriptions.... you never know!! Fingers-crossed though!! x

Right, head down - loads to do! Have a great week all!
  • natsplatnat
    Ooh, forget to say that my lovely CC company wrote to me and have increased my credit limit by £2000!! Thanks.. NOT!

And, more importantly... no council tax for the next 2 months!! Whoop whoop! I love Feb and March!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback