My Diary v3.0

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    2 more items sold on fleabay yesterday including one of OH's, so he is over the moon and planning on selling everything in the house - I like this list as 'buy it now' for 30 days and then forget about it. With the standard auction I feel the need to keep looking (read as obsessively!!)and seeing what's happening... it is better for my brain not to have to wonder and just wait for my phone to make that lovely "ker-ching" noise.

Cashback starting to build up again now - the upside of spending on presents!! This will be heading into the Iceland fund as and when it is paid!

Right, I am off to do some work, short working month and loads to do as we close on the 20th Dec (although we are in for stocktake on the 22/23) and then not back until the 5th January - a nice break, but it is part of our holiday entitlement for the year!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • natsplatnat
    Morning All!

Starting to feel quite organised for the big event... but I am sure this is a fallacy. I have a list of people to buy for and it is starting to fill up quite nicely.... but there are people who I think "oh, I know what to get them" and then I leave them til last and then can't get what I was going to buy! I am hoping that it won't all end up really stressful this year - December is always busy and time seems to be really short. Between now and 24th we have 2 birthday parties, a family meal, a day trip to France and my works do, as well as half a day taking my parents to the airport!! AAaaaaaaHHHHH!

One more fleabay item sold this morning - messaged the buyer to let them know I won't be despatching it until Monday now.

I am working 4 hours overtime tomorrow, so will get that paid next Friday. I am in the next Saturday as standard and then it is the last Saturday before we close. I am due to be off that week, but can see me being in for at least another 4 hours to get organised for stocktake (horrible event that takes 2 full days!!)

Thursdays must the night where OH feels like he has done enough for the week and wants a takeaway! Last nights request for a takeway was countered with the news that I had taken 2 (recently rediscovered) vegetable lasagne out the freezer to de-frost) and we had garlic bread too. After an initial mump, OH really enjoyed the lasagne (even after discovering there was no meat in a vegetable lasagne) and even said he wouldn't mind having it more often!! Dinner cost for 2 = £3.85. So much more appealing than £20 on a Chinese / Indian / pizza!

Right, must get on with my work (read as "online present shopping!")

xxx
  • natsplatnat
    It's Friday... which means yesterday was Thursday and therefore 'takeaway day'.... but there was no mention of a takeaway (although feeling under the weather I probably wouldn't have objected to hard!). I went late night shopping straight from work and by the time I got in OH had concocted something rather odd looking but bloomin' tasty.. all from what we had in the house! I think this is classed as progress!

Not a lot happening on the fleabay front. Probably a bit close to xmas now - hope it will pick up in the new year.. as OH put it "sell everything with no sentimental value!" Gulp!

Was under the weather last weekend too, so only managed 3 hours overtime before I gave in and went home. Still, that's an extra couple of quid in this weeks wages!! Every little and all that!

Must start wrapping presents this weekend... need to find some time in between working until 2 tomorrow and then heading off to France / Belgium early Sunday morning (not due back til about 9 Sunday night!)

Really do need to get 2 new tyres before the weather down here gets cold n icey. Have been looking online and the good news is they seem to have got cheaper since the last ones I bought - by about £50 each! Still, that's nigh on £400 to pay out at this time of year.

Anyway, that's it from me for now. Have a great weekend all! xxx
  • Morning All!

Well its a bit warmer out there today.... but also a bit damp round the edges.

Had another couple of fleabay items sold Sunday and yesterday, so off to the post office again for me today! I have an auction item ending this evening... so I may well be post lady tomorrow as well.

Other than that, not a lot to report.
  • Morning All!

It's a bit wet and windy here this morning. Only at work til 12, then off to get my hair cut and plough on with the present wrapping.... much more productive on my own than with OH's "help"!!)

Another couple of fleabay items have sold this week. Really quite pleased with how things have sold - extra pennies in the pot always welcome!!

Managed to defer another request from OH for a takeaway last night. As much as I really could have sunk my teeth into some of The Colonels famous coated chicken but after some delay tactics I suggested clearing some left over curry and casserole from the fridge. Et voila... dinner for zero additional cost!!

Well, that's it from me for today... loads to do and on a couple of hours left to do it in!

Catch you all early next week, as I am not sure when I will be on here over the festive break! xxx
  • natsplatnat
    edited 6 January 2015 at 9:53AM
    Well Hello and Happy New Year!

I am back at work, and back to my beloved spreadsheet...YAY! Just in the process of updating my ins and outs for the festive period and then I will know exactly where I stand... or sit... or lie!

Ooh, and I have just had notification that I am due £12.18 from Q.co. Happy Days!

I do need to log the fact that I negotiated a £20 reduction in my TV, broadband and phone line package last night. Quite pleased with that!! :O)

I will be back over the next few days with a complete financial overview / plan for 2015.... from previous diaries you may know that I love a good plan!! :O)

Hope everyone is well? Nats x
  • natsplatnat
    Happy Friday everyone!

Day 5 back at work... and it feels like I haven't had a nice 12 day break! But it pays my wages so I shouldn't grumble too much (especially as I do quite like my job!)

Well, my spreadsheet has been updated, tweaked, updated, extended and re-calculated.. and it has confirmed that, as per usual we have spent more than we intended to over Christmas. The CC has been paid so the plan I need to formulate is how to replenish the money I have pulled from various pots.
    This plan will mainly comprise of the following...
    1. putting OH on a budget... for everything
    2. reducing our food bill significantly
    3. limiting 'takeaways' to 1 a month (max!)
    4. diverting surplus from the house account every month
    5. ebaying like mad... 3 items sold so far this year with 15 items still active including one due to finish (on auction) Sunday which already has bids.
    6. trying to get my head round reclaiming ppi for OH (I hate the thought of paying a company to do it - but it is a case of just getting my head round how to)
    7. persuing both flight delay claims (one should be easier than the other!)
    So that's it in a nut-shell. Pretty straight forward really... just need to keep an eye on OH (bless him!)

It is OH's 50th next month. Iceland is no longer happening - OH's choice, so I am now working on a different plan for that!!

I think that is it from me for now. Hope 2015 has got off to a good start for you all.

Nats x
  • natsplatnat
    6 items sold on fleabay so far this month = happy Nats!! x

Have hopefully cleared (after fees and P&P) about double the amount we did in December and it's only the 13th!!... Need to keep digging though! I have decided to think of it as countrywide re-distribution of our items instead of "having a massive clear out!!"

As part of my 'reduce the food bill mission' I went shopping after work last night and spent the princely sum of just under £25... and apart from a few top up bits, that should be it for the week! Admittedly this is not sustainable week after week as we do have quite a bit of meat in the freezer at the moment, but it is definitely a move in the right direction!

Right, I need to head home! Have a great evening all, hope its not too wet and windy where you are?
  • natsplatnat
    Morning All!

The blue skies have gone again, and it is getting greyer minute by minute!!

Well, it is my favourite day of the week again... money has arrived and has been moved around as necessary.

OH 'popped' to the supermarket on Wednesday evening whilst I was training. We needed apples, humous and some bacon lardons. £25.00 later!!!! Food bill this week now up to about £50.00. Could be worse and has definitely been a lot higher than that, but I was hoping to keep it really low this week. Nevermind.

Nothing else sold on ebay... a few watchers and most things still got almost 2 weeks left to go so I am hopeful. Will be digging out more stuff over the weekend to keep the momentum going!

Right, loads to do at work, so I had better get on! xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Morning All!

Well it's payday again - have been online and shuffled the pennies around to their relevant homes!

Things to report from the week....

Q.co paid out £1.36... YAY
    Food shopping total still quite low around £55 for the week
    Nothing sold on fleabay this week - 14 items on there, about half with watchers - all on buy it now. We will see; hopefully some of the items will go as Valentines presents!

Update on THE PLAN..
    This plan will mainly comprise of the following...

1. putting OH on a budget... for everything He doesn't appear to have spent an additional penny this week.
    2. reducing our food bill significantly £50-55 is good for us
    3. limiting 'takeaways' to 1 a month (max!) haven't had one since the new year!
    4. diverting surplus from the house account every month pennies moved around as appropriate
    5. ebaying like mad... 3 items sold so far this year with 15 items still active including one due to finish (on auction) Sunday which already has bids. Been a bit slow - but every little helps!
    6. trying to get my head round reclaiming ppi for OH (I hate the thought of paying a company to do it - but it is a case of just getting my head round how to) haven't mustered the brain-power for this yet!
    7. persuing both flight delay claims (one should be easier than the other!) need to send a NBA email today!!
    And there we have it! That's my weekly check-in / confession done!

xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback