My Diary v3.0

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Morning All!

Well it is Friday again - they always seem to come round quicker the closer you get to Christmas.

Money has been moved where it should be and is behaving.

Only 2 items sold on fleabay so far this week - plenty left on there though and more to go on over the weekend. Net gain on those 2 items £16.50 - so not too sad.

Have been thinking on from buying the car tax monthly, and I am going to suggest to OH that we increase the amount we each put into the house account. This account runs at a surplus anyway, but if we can 'hide' some extra in there each month, when it comes to birthdays, Christmas etc - there will be something there to use. I was thinking an extra £20 a month each (£20 x 2 x 12 = £480).. and we shouldn't really miss it.

So there we have it - pretty dull... but I have learnt that that really isn't such a bad thing. And to be honest, although the early debt-busting days seems packed with some many more battles, adjustments and victories, they are a bit tiring, especially as I have a habit of micromanaging things!

Plan for the weekend....
    work tomorrow, quick visit to the parents and then off to pick up some Christmas bits.
    Sunday is the day I have ear-marked for de-frosting the freezer and all other miscellaneous housework, before having dinner and going to play poker!

Sounds good huh? lol

Have a great weekend all - catch you when I have some more news!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • natsplatnat
    Another 2 fleabay items sold last night - so it will be the PO today... and tomorrow!

That's quite a few of our larger priced items gone now - must keep up the momentum with the small ones... there's plenty to go!!
  • natsplatnat
    5 more parcels for the PO today. They are gonna love me!!! :O)

I reckon that's a clear £200 made in 3 weeks (after all charges etc!) Not bad going!! Would be lovely if I could keep this momentum up for the next year - think we might run out of things to sell though!
  • Another 2 fleabay items sold last night (one of them at 02:30 this morning). So off to the PO tomorrow.

Have requested £1.99 from Q.co - should get that in about 5 days in the Iceland fund.
  • All sounding great in here.. fleabag is bringing the dollar in isn't it!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • Morning All!

Friday again! YAY!

Money all moved about - now doing what it should be, where it should be.

Repayments to OH now in the 40's!!! Doesn't really excite me, but nice to note nonetheless.

Nothing extra sold on fleabay - not worried, and to be honest it is nice to have a couple of nights of boxing things up!

Q.co confirmed payment of £1.99.

Need to get organised for that event near the end of December - have definitely realised that organisation prevents buying last minute, panic gifts that cost a lot more! Need to convince OH that we do not need to buy all the children in the family (I say children... ages 2-23) a selection box to go with their present. I am sure everyone gets enough chocolate and I would rather keep the extra £'s for something more useful.

Still need to de-frost the freezer - always manage to find something more interesting to do... or rather OH does!!

Had a confirmation email on Weds that TC are looking into this years flight delay claim. Have also emailed the airline from last years 19hr delay (now I know who to contact) - so that's now in the pipeline too! Looking forward to (hopefully both of) them paying out - this side of the new year would be nice... as it adds up to about £1350 combined for OH and I!!

Right, I must get on as I have a meeting from hell this afternoon, and loads to do before hand. On the upside.... I am going out for a few drinkies this evening (I think I may just feel like I have earned it by the time I leave work!!)

Have a great weekend All! x
  • natsplatnat
    One fleabay item sold yesterday and posted today! Loads still on there and after a bit of a sort out at the weekend, loads still to go!

Oh, and I finally de-frosted the freezer and had a bit of a ruthless clear out. Only the really badly freezer-burnt / totally non-identifyable items were removed.. but now I have some space to refill with useable produce!!

Happy Monday everyone! xxx
  • natsplatnat
    And another item bit the dust on fleabay last night! Off to the PO tomorrow! x
  • What is it with people buying items on fleabay in the early hours of the morning... I know people work different shifts or just can't sleep, but 03:16 this morning an item sold!! Oh well, it sold which is all that matters.

Payday today! Can't believer there are only 3 more before Christmas!! GULP! Must keep plodding on with buying presents. I really dislike buying under pressure and duress to be honest as I would rather we all agreed not to bother (apart for kids under 18!)

Everything bought so far has been at a good price - so not too stressed, but I know the closer we get the more stressed we'll get and we will end up buying things that aren't such good value.

Managed to avoid 'takeaway-gate' last night. We had DSS with us and despite the fact he had been at his mums since school finished, he hadn't eaten when OH picked him up about half six... and he didn't fancy anything we had in the house to eat. And then OH decides he doesn't fancy anything in the house either (bearing in mind HE did the shopping for the week). So I just left them to make a decision and went off to clean the bathroom.... about 15mins later it was all sorted, DSS had something out the freezer & OH and I had resurrected chilli from the fridge. Pennies saved and without a massive argument!! :O)

I think that is all from me for now! Off to have a browse through the Black Friday deals - hoping OH doesn't discover an offer on an iMac!!!

Have a great weekend everyone! xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Back at work - feels like I almost live here!

Over the weekend 2 items sold on Fleabay - one late last night, so after going to the PO today... I am heading back there tomorrow!

OH seems to have jumped onto the Fleabay wagon now, and listed 2 items last night! Nice not to be doing it all myself!! lol

Managed to pick up a couple of C.presents over the weekend - just need to try and keep OH's spending in check. I am sure he has spent our fleabay sales money about 4 times over already!

Oh, and I caved in Saturday night and we had a takeaway - only a small one, and having managed to put OH off having one for a few days, he was really enjoyed it and saw it as a treat! Houston, we may be experiencing progress!! lol.

Right, that's if for me for now! Have a great week all! x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback