Couch to 5k Running - Part Four Beginners Running

Options

Comments

• CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Options
    I am FINALLY going to move on to week 3 next week. I feel like I've been stuck at week 2 for ages because I've struggled with motivation to go out, but at last it's beginning to feel easier so I've decided to go for it and move up a level.
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gonzo1987 wrote: »
    I can't get to my local one :-( I've looked into them, they're on Sunday's around here and because my husband works Sunday mornings I have no car to get there and there is no public transport!

He starts at 6am, so can't even get dropped off on his way!

I always thought Park Runs were Saturdays, with other club runs on a Sunday.

Which one is on a Sunday, as id love to get my t-shirt faster
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    I always thought Park Runs were Saturdays, with other club runs on a Sunday.

Which one is on a Sunday, as id love to get my t-shirt faster

well I'm stupid. you're right it is a Saturday, I can join the ones when I'm not working, I'm nervous about running with other people haha
  • Alias_Omega
    Options
    The rear marker will never overtake you. So you have nothing to lose.
  • iamashoppingaddict
    Options
    Well I'm due to the last run of week 7 tomorrow and then week 8 next week. Am doing the race for life next sunday so hopefully I'll be quite good at it!!!

After a few more confidence gaining weeks inside I hope to go and do a park run. According to the times on my local park run site, I think I'll be ok. :-)
  • Gonzo1987
    Options
    right, signed up to my local park run, working next weekend, but the weekend after I'm going! Will have completed C25K by then, so should be a bit more confident by then too.
  • Alias_Omega
    Options
    Well I'm due to the last run of week 7 tomorrow and then week 8 next week. Am doing the race for life next sunday so hopefully I'll be quite good at it!!!

After a few more confidence gaining weeks inside I hope to go and do a park run. According to the times on my local park run site, I think I'll be ok. :-)

Find the route out, and run it. You will then know the route and bw able to set visual markers. Dont worry about pace, you will run faster/harder on race day. The crowds push you on.
  • Gonzo1987
    Options
    Yay W9R1 done!! okay so not quite 5k, I did 2.55 miles though, and if you include my warm up/down it was 5k

I am SO PLEASED!!!! exhausted, but pleased. Going to work on improving my time - although i feel thats impossible right now!
  • getcarter
    getcarter Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was on week 2 but struggling after having 2 weeks off on holiday doing nothing, decided to go back to the beginning again, had a much better run/lurch.

Got at query, after doing the warm up does anyone do any stretches or anything else before running, feel my glutes could do with something as one was really hurting by the end.
  • Gonzo1987
    Options
    I don't stretch before running but I do afterwards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure