🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Frump to Fab - Onwards and Upwards

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    It's wine all the way for me when it comes to a treat.:o Hardly counts as healthy and probably not what you wanted to hear.

Having given it some sober ;) thought, what about some nice cheese or seafood. I particularly enjoy tomato and Mozzarella salad with basil or the (now trendy) prawn cocktail. Another thing I like for snacking is a frittata/Spanish omelette cold in the fridge or cold meats like chicken tikka pieces.
  • alec_eiffel
    alec_eiffel Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Options
    LL - my MIL was the same with a cat, it just kept turning up in the garden. She can't let it in the house either but she's been feeding it for maybe 5 years now, it lives in her greenhouse. Last year another cat came along too, it also lives in the greenhouse and is fed twice daily. It works well for all of them, she gets to enjoy seeing the cats but without having to deal with them too much and they have something to eat and somewhere dry to sleep!
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've decided to keep feeding the cat and see what happens. Who knows my allergies might ease off with repeated exposure. I bought an old table over from the bungalow to use in the garden as a temporary measure. The cat has been sitting on it today

Last night we heard a cat fight outside "Our" cat was seeing off another feline.. She (we think it's a girl) has obviously staked her claim already......

Bought over the last of my clothes'. I ought to be putting stuff away but I'm shattered.

Mañana.

It's a lovely evening so I'm going to go for a walk via the shop because I've run out of wine. Supper in the garden this evening and then curl up on the sofa with a nice film.....

I've worked like a demon all week - time for a rest. Oh very dopey today so I just made it a short visit and left him to have a good sleep.

Had a storm earlier and it's much cooler and more comfortable now.

Time for that walk.....
  • Kiwisaver_2
    Kiwisaver_2 Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    Options
    Nice to hear lot's of summery fabness going on over there; try as I might I'm still feeling far from fab. Nothing I can put my finger on but just been feeling very blah, despite having had my hair re-fabulised yesterday and losing 3lbs on SW Challenge this past week.

Work has been full on and I think I just hit a bit of a wall on the way home from work on Friday; by the time I got home I had a headache and felt shivery and could have quite easily gone straight to bed. I was convinced I was in for a dose of the flu but woke up feeling slightly better, albeit still lethargic and achy. There's so much colds and flu all around me at work, I wonder if it might just be my body struggling to fight off some of those germs and bugs.

I'm about to go and put an extra layer on and venture outside to do a 30 minute blitz of garden fabbing to see if that might help blow some cobwebs off and clear my fuzzy head.
    Mortgage
    Start January 2017: $268,012
    Latest balance $266,734
    Reduction: $1,278.45
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning

KIWI - hope you feel better soon.

Tbh I feel shattered. I think I've just about worked myself to standstill.

Yesterday DS1 helped me move the last of the heavy stuff out of the bungalow. I've now got 2 days before the keys go back to move the last few dribs and drabs and give it a good clean.

After that I'm having a rest.........

My body aches and my left knee is giving me hell. Time for some TLC
    I THINK IVE EARNED IT:D

Broke my emergency glasses so I need to get myself off to the opticians this week.

Other than that this week is time for a rest, some me time, some much needed fabbing.

DS2 is away on his holidays this week and he has ordered me to take it easy....Bless him.

I am so lucky. I have got 2 really fabulous boys. I sometimes wonder how I would have got through the last few years without their help and support....One thing is for sure, I know they will be a great source of comfort in the months ahead.
  • milliontoone
    Options
    Hi all, *waves exicitedly to everyone)

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Rebecca, 35 years old, married but no kids yet, though we're currently trying for our first so cross your fingers for us;)

I've been a lurker on this thread but recently I decided to join in the fun as I'm doing some fabbing of my own.

I'm trying to lose about a stone in weight and have been on a low carb/ low cal diet for about a month now. I'm doing a combination of some yoga poses alongside some light cardio and weight bearing exercise for about 30 mins every day, and have been seeing some success.

I reckon I've lost about 5lbs already, though I don't weigh myself, my clothes just feel better, and I'm starting to feel more confident. I have also been paying much more attention to other things grooming wise, like giving myself regular manicures, dying my hair, and I even did a home bikini wax the other day! (It wasn't even too painful, I used Nads, and highly recommend)

My husband and I both work freelance from home, he's a graphic designer, I'm a copywriter, and money is tight so I really can't afford things like salon facials and waxing, and have to do all that myself. I'm actually finding that I'm really enjoying it though, and I've gotten some really good results, sometimes better than what I've had when I've paid through the nose at a beauty salon in the past.

I've been reading up online about natural homemade beauty treatments like face masks, hair masks, and things to treat problems like dark undereye circles etc, and thought I've give it a go for myself. So I went to Asda to buy some ingredients, some of the things I already had in my kitchen cupboards of course, like eggs, lemon, honey etc but some other things I didn't like rosewater, Neem powder, turmeric.

Anyway I've been doing these home made facials a few times weekly, and I can honestly say my skin has taken on a new glow, far better than anything I've ever experienced from a salon or from when I've used expensive store bought products.

But I still have more fabbing to do as well as more pounds to lose, so thought I'd join you all so we could motivate each other, share tips/ ideas etc.

So I look forward to hearing from you all and reading your posts;)
    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.
    Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too,
    can become great."
    - Mark Twain
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening ladies (and any secretly lurking gents :p - I like to be inclusive ;))

Been a thoroughly sh!tty week, hubby unexpectedly unemployed so cue lots of stress in our house.
    No job also means luxuries also out of the window so that means for now no more yoga class as I can't justify the expense right now. Gutted but when H gets a new job I am definitely going back to my classes.

Nowt else to report. Lost some weight but I really don't recommend the stress diet :o:o am plodding on, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?!

Hugs and high fives all round, sorry I haven't read all the posts I've missed xxx
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bitsy What a shock you must have had! Sorry to hear about your change in circumstances and I hope that he gets something soon. As for the yoga could you use a DVD in the interim? I use this one and it is great and only £3

Nothing much to report here, I have slid back into previous eating patterns and I am so annoyed with myself!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    BITSY So sorry to hear your news. What a shock for you both.
    Hope something gets sorted soon.

I agree with Rummer try and do some yoga yourself - it will help you with the stress.

I'm dreadfully tired so just resting on the sofa. DS2 has set up Netflix so going to rest and watch a nice film to cheer myself up a bit.

Feeling a bit low, nothing major - just tired and cranky. Best to do nothing when I feel like this because I just get clumsy and useless.....

Bungalow just needs a clean tomorrow then I'm finally done.

The next chapter of my life is about to begin.....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi all
    lessonlearned take it easy on yourself for a bit, it sounds like the move is going well and you've earned it. Glad to hear you have such a supportive family.
    Bitsy I hope things turn round for you soon, that must have been such a shock.

I bought the Converse, wore them out tonight with the floral jeans, they make me smile :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport