Comments

• sweetcheeks33
    sweetcheeks33 Posts: 1,065 Forumite
    Options
    Never to old for converse go for it :) x
  • alec_eiffel
    alec_eiffel Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Options
    No, not too old if you like wearing them.
  • pirateyqueen
    Options
    Well, I've had a pretty busy week at work. Worked 24 hours Wednesday to Thursday so I'm very much looking forward to the weekend. I did manage to get a really good sleep in yesterday but I think it always takes a few days to recover. It's already given me a few spots! the thing is I will have to do it all again on Monday so I'm really not looking forward to it. At least it's all overtime!

Anyway, apart from looking a bit tired today I am wearing my favourite summer dress so am feeling good in that respect. Have only been to the gym once this week as I have been so busy but the weather being so nice I am debating skipping it again this lunchtime and heading to the pub for a G&T and maybe going after work instead...
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi All

First time I've posted in the new thread.

I've had another appointment at the hospital and the surgeon wants me to get a second opinion before he operates again, the second opinion may be a couple of months and then I'll be put on the waiting list, by then I could have passed the 2 year mark!!

I have therefore decided that I need to get fit and hopefully loose some weight before the op, I have been unable to exercise for the last 18 months due to ongoing ops and cronic inflammatory infection so now that I am feeling better I am going to grab the opportunity and get out there! Started 'running' two days ago, well more of a very slow jog/walk/stagger but I have never been a runner so am surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Having a good pampering session when I get in, hot bath, facial etc so nice to have that to look forward to.

Because of my breast issues I have made sure I have a very firm support sports bra and wear a neoprene vest over the top so NOTHING moves! I am also waiting for my first pair of running shoes to arrive as my trainers have very hard soles and no spring in them whatsoever so hard going on road/pavements.

On another note I have ordered a few bits and pieces from the Mango and Next sales to give my wardrobe a boost.

Oh and ROSYQ the jeans/converse combo sounds great and you are definitely NOT too old to wear them, age is purely a number!
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rosyq wrote: »
    Hi ladies, sorry I lost the plot on fabbing a few weeks ago but I think I'm back now. This is a cheerful thread so I should visit more often!
    Have been to yoga tonight, have managed to make it a Thursday habit which is good, as I feel better and I'm enjoying it.
    Have pretty much given up with trying to use make up, I'm just not comfortable with it and I'm not likely to change now. But I am using the Body Shop moisture serum I bought for my face which must be better than nothing?
    I also flirted with the 333 idea and really should stop buying clothes, I spend a ridiculous amount on them. Having said that I mostly wear jeans. Silly. But I did buy some Gap jeans with orange flowers on them which I love - but then needed suitable shoes! It's a minefield! So, am I too old at 53 to be wearing orange Converse and floral jeans?!
    Edit- and possibly orange nail varnish?!

Welcome back rosyq. You are never to old to wear orange converse :D I really struggle with makeup too and mostly don't wear it. i am making a lot of changes just now and feel like I am struggling to keep up :o So I have decided to spend my summer holidays focusing on healthy eating, getting more into the following - aqua aerobics, walking, swimming, cycling & pilates Also as I decorate my bedroom I am sorting through clothes, tolietries, shoes, make up etc. In the hope that once it all goes back together and I get my new furniture there will be an order that will make 'fabulous' easier.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • Prudent
    Options
    3K,2j,1d welcome :)

I am sorry everyone, I need to catch up with the thread. I have been really busy sorting, decorating and need some routine and order back!

Today I have had my green smoothie, ironed my old bedroom curtains and bedspread which I washed yesterday. I will take them to the charity shop later. I have done my back exercises and made some soup.

I am going to Aqua aerobics and to get a few groceries over lunchtime. I am going to take a sandwich (humus, rocket & avocado) plus and apple.

Yesterday I went to Dunelm mill to get bedding, curtains & a curtain pole for my room. After much deliberating I got the same set a put in my spare room, but in a different colour. It took me about 1 & 1/2 hours to make that decision :rotfl: This is what I got:

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/heather-beautiful-birds-collection-duvet-cover-376441
    (2 sets of bedding plus curtains)

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/seville-collection-satin-steel-curtain-pole-121729

I also got a heather coloured chenille throw & two sets of sheets, valance etc. Purse now much lighter :o

I also ordered these door knobs of eBay for the unit OH painted:

2 x http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370912082292?var=640130724401&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

and

2 x http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370912082292?var=640130724401&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thankyou ladies, have ordered the Converse :D
    Prudent that'll look lovely, and I like the sound of your plans. Are you a teacher?
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Prudent that'll look lovely, and I like the sound of your plans. Are you a teacher?

Glad you ordered the Converse rosy. I'm sure I've seen Mick Jagger wearing them and he's positively ancient!!:rotfl:

I wear very light make up especially this time of the year. Typically mascara, light eyebrow pencil and lipstick. For evenings I tend to put a bit of highlighter on my cheekbones and maybe a bit of bronzer but don't need it at the moment as I still have holiday tan. I couldn't manage without mascara as otherwise I look so sleepy.

Your bedrooms are going to look fab pru. That lilac sprig looks so fresh and clean.

I've been to the hairdresser today. Just a cut and blow dry. Pleased to say highlights not needed as sun has lightened my hair recently. I should be OK now until September and if my roots look dark I've got some John Frieda spray that will be a quick fix.

I'm wearing the flouncy, coral linen skirt from Brora that I got in CS a few weeks back with a White Stuff !!!!! top and ballet pumps. Already been told I'm looking summery. :)
  • Prudent
    Options

Yes, I teach young people with complex special needs :). I love my job, but it is really full on in term time, so I try and catch up on everything in the holidays.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,967 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi

Please may i join? I have been lurking along for a while :cool:

Bit of background - I am 50 (:eek:) mum of two teenagers (V is 18 today! and J is 15; girl and boy), and i work almost full time as a lecturer. My OH is a senior manager for a national company.

I turned 50 in December and decided that i want to be a fab 50 rather than a fat and frumpy 50. I now want orange converse :p.

the weight was starting to pile on - largely round my middle and many clothes were becoming unwearable. I was only wearing t shirts that covered up my middle aged spread. After seeing my BiL and a colleague lose a considerable amount of weight on the 5:2 i decided to give it a shot.

Since the beginning of April I have lost 13lbs, so not quite the stone, going from 11 st 8 to 10 st 9, which I guess is ok for my 5'7" though i can see there is still some to lose - I was 9 st 2 when i got married, but that was 20 odd years ago :cool: Don't worry, i don't want to see that again, but 10 stone by the end of the year would be good. Since the beginning of June, I have combined the 5:2 with no sugar no wheat (for the most part) and that - i believe - has meant that the weight has gone from the spare tyre. I'ts completely gone :T:D

Do you know what? It has been really easy. the no sugar thing means no chocolate, sweets, cake, biscuits cereal, ready meals etc. I eat whole foods - as much as i like.

I am going to Italy on Sunday to spend a week there, followed by a week in Slovenia. i am hoping that, whilst 5:2 is going to be difficult, I can maintain the no wheat, no sugar (all that pasta and gelato :( !!) thing, for the most part.

Style wise - i am thinking of going continental. I need a bit of work on that though.

Hope to pick up some hints along the way. thanks for helping me so far.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport