Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,618 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lizzie157 wrote: »
    hi

Have just got my latest OU results and had to share that I've passed this module with a better grade than I expected :j. Set me up for the day.

H is out today so can get on with some more house fabbing and must try and cut some of the vegetation back in the garden. H had started it yesterday but fell off the shed roof:rotfl::rotfl: Shouldn't laugh :o but if he didn't leave things so long he wouldn't have to climb to get at them! Anyway he's not done [STRIKE]enough[/STRIKE] much damage...

Have started doing eye and face exercises whilst the kettle boils in the morning(yoga ones). My eyes are just starting to deteriorate and have been told
    this may help.

Right time to get on....

Great post lizzie. Many congratulations on your OU result.:T and thanks for giving me a laugh about a$$hole!:rotfl:

Good luck with the house fabbing.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done Lizzie - great stuff.

I must confess I found the thought of your DH falling off the shed hilarious. Pity he didn't land in a patch of nettles:rotfl: (sorry that was naughty!!!)

Great day for house fabbing.

Slept at prop 2 last night, amidst all the dust and muck - washed one of my rugs and left it hanging on the line. Great day for drying.

Off to Asda later to buy new mops, brushes and cleaning materials - donated a load to DS1 for his house so need to replace them all. The plasterer should (hopefully!!!) be finished tomorrow so this weekend will be the big clean up ready for our official moving in.

Fresh raspberries for breakfast again…. yummy.

The garden is starting to look really nice now - all the baby shrubs and trees are starting to bush out and fill the spaces nicely. Tomato plants a bit straggly but they have some flowers and some tiny green tomatoes. As soon as I'm in the house properly I'll plant some salad leaves etc in pots.

Will definitely look at juicers too. My blender is only good for smoothies.

Thanks for the ideas for OH's diet, I also posted on the OS board and they have come up trumps too.

Right time to get fabbed up and then hit the shops.

Not quite sure where to sleep tonight - on the uncomfortable air bed in the bungalow or the plaster dust covered bedroom in prop 2.

Which is worst - a bad back or dust allergies……….:rotfl:

Speaking of allergies - yesterday I foolishly stroked a cat and then forgot to wash my hands before rubbing my eyes. It felt like my eyes were on fire. Some people just never learn. :o
  • pirateyqueen
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    I have been looking for ways to increase my protein intake as my PT will be having me lifting weights to help me shift the weight. So in the future I may consider protein powder shakes although the ones I have tried in the past have not been that palatable.

I order whey protein powder from myprotein. It comes in lots of different flavours. So far I've tried strawberry cream, vanilla, and cookies and cream. They're all very nice actually, just like a milkshake! I have a referral code if you want it? MP21584411. I will remove it if this isn't allowed :)
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LL Thank you for your post. It reminded me that other people have lives in upheaval too. I have felt very deflated this morning. Sorting my wardrobe has made me realise that it is really badly coordinated. I still have a lot to do yet. I have still to do jumpers & cardigans, shoes, jewelry and make up/ toiletries. I keep telling myself it is a step in the direction. I also made a mistake with food today. Lunch was far too much and I feel full and bloated. Not what I am hoping to achieve :rotfl::rotfl:

I got batteries for my bathroom scales as they were not working. It didn't solve the problem. I only got them in October and they were a decent set. I will need to have a hunt for the receipt. With the green smoothies being a new part of my diet, I want to monitor my weight. I certainly don't want to pile on weight in a bid to be healthier :eek:. I also need to get a starting weight, post on here (avert your eyes if you have a weak disposition;) )and be accountable.

Rummer when I won my blenders last summer, part of the prize was flavoured protein powder. I gave them to DD as she is into to health & fitness in a big way. I did try one of each flavour and they were ok. One of them had no flavour which would make it more versatile.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Most of the protein powders contain artificial sweeteners which I hate,, but the one I use is Holland and barratt soya spirulina strawberry flavor and it tastes so nice and is sweetened with fructose. it has good stuff like bee pollen in it and vitimins. I only use half a scoop though as it's too thick with a whole one.. here's the link to it:
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-spirulina-soya-protein-powder-strawberry-60005682
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback on the protein powders :D
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • pirateyqueen
    Options
    Happy Fab Friday everyone!

I'm feeling pretty knackered today, after a late work night and two nights of poor sleep. Still, it's Friday and I have some friends meeting me after work to go out for some drinks. I'm wearing one of my new tops and feel very nice in it. Going to do some gyming at lunch, and if I finish work early today and have time to kill before meeting my friends then I might see if I can get my hair cut.
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • lessonlearned
    edited 11 July 2014 at 10:57AM
    Options
    Fab Friday :D

All bathed and fragrant. Off to pilates soon - not been for 2 weeks because I put my back out. Think I can risk it today - will just be sensible and not overdo it.

I'm now ready to start some serious house fabbing…...

Yesterday re-covered the seat pads of my six dining chairs for the dining room (£10 for the chairs from my favourite chazza shop and £5 for the fabric from Dunhelm's bargain rack). :D . Just a quick fix for now because I'm still undecided whether or not to paint them. Will give them a good clean with special soapy wood cleaner treatment and see how they look. If they are good enough I might just wax them rather than a paint job.

We will not be having carpets down yet because we still have a few jobs to do, so will be living with bare floor boards and rugs for a while. Will probably colour wash the boards in each room when I have a few spare moments.

I washed an old rug yesterday to see if I could rescue it after it's punishment from the builders. (I had put it down in the kitchen to save my nice new tiled floor from getting trashed by the workmen and just assumed that the rug would be killed).

It's come up a treat so that will go down under the dining room table - so all in all it's going to be a very cheap dining room makeover…..

Can't wait to get stuck in now. Am going to start some serious chazza shop visiting to find some nice pieces of furniture to up cycle.

I've already found a very unusual overmantel type mirror - it is in panels so not too much mirror. The wood itself was nice but it has been treated with a dark treacle coloured varnish and part of the frame has been damaged.

Going to paint it a pale French Grey and use it as a head board for my bed. I really fancy one of those French Armouire things but they cost a bomb.. Will need to work out how to achieve the look for a fraction of the price. See if I can pick up a good wardrobe that I can fiddle with.

I'm aiming for my bedroom to be "Parisian Chic" - ooh - la - la.

So a la mode dahlings…….:rotfl:
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LL all your furniture makes overs sound wonderful. I am looking forward to hearing how the mirror turns out. French grey is so restful. I was very lucky with a buy today too. OH has stripped and painted a big old pine unit for me. It is painted white. Today I popped into B&M's to looked for some baskets for my toiletries for the two open sections in the middle. I found these:

http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/wooden-storage-box-powders-and-perfumes-2852463

http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/wooden-storage-box-potions-and-lotions-2852462

http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/wooden-storage-box-pamper-me-2852461

I bought one of each and the three are an exact fit for the width of one shelf. They look lovely.

PQ have a lovely evening out :)
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    They look lovely and would fit my scheme beautifully. I'll have a look and see if our B&M have then.

(Hope you don't mind me copying you.:o)

Have a great evening PQ.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family