Frump to Fab - Onwards and Upwards

Options

Comments

• lizzie157
    lizzie157 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Options
    hi

They do look lovely Prudent might go and have a look myself.

PQ have a great night. :)

Just received some oils i ordered other day to make a serum- never done it before but having used rose oil as a moisturiser for a while decided to give it a go.

DD2 is once again suffering a cystitus/water infection, we've been told since they can find no reason for this to keep happening that she will most probably (hopefully) grow out of it. For now we just have to try and manage it as best we can but it's horrible for her feeling 'off it' a lot of the time. To put the 'top hat on it' another of the horses she rides/cares for has had to be put to sleep so she's having a bad day to day.:(

Right back to house fabbing, doing really well if i do say so myself ;)
    Frump to Fab - Solstice Sizzler :)
    OU creative writing student :)
    Striving for a better life! :)
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How are you all?

I had my PT session and made it out in one piece :rotfl: It was very tough but manageable and I have healthy eating and exercise guidance to follow until my session next week.

Still struggling with the healthy eating although my diet is improving every week. I just really crave sugary things and if I don't have cake/sweeties then I want carbs and fruit. Been increasing the protein I eat so hopefully if I keep plugging away it will get easier.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rummer you are doing really well with your PT. I have a lot of sugar and carb cravings too. It has been much better since I started on green smoothies though. I am still on a ratio of 50/50 fruits & greens, so they have quite a lot of fruit.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I join in? I need a whole lot of fabbing!!

I had my 2nd baby 10 months ago but recently was asked if I was expecting again :mad: None of my clothes fit me, I have no idea what suits me and I generally feel that I always look crap!

I want to feel 'effortlessly' glam and have some pride in my appearance.

I've downloaded the c25k app which ill start tomorrow. Done a lovely 3 mile walk round a country park today. I might even have a nice bubble bath tonight!
  • lizzie157
    lizzie157 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Options
    hi

welcome nikki,:hello:

Well ate loads of things i shouldn't over the weekend so it's a fast day for me today.:o

DD2 is feeling a bit better but i'm feeling a bit upset as i know she's a bit down about having to miss out on a trip to London with the school. Most of her year has gone but at a cost of over £200 for a couple of nights, I couldn't afford to let her go, especially as she would have needed spending money too. I feel awful about it and though she's saying it doesn't matter I can tell now that they are all off on the trip she's feeling it. :(

I will be offering trips out with our rail passes but it's not the same as going with your mates when you're a teen is it.

A little fresher this morning for the walk with dogs but still too hot for me -takes it out of you walking when it's close. Now for some more house fabbing....
    Frump to Fab - Solstice Sizzler :)
    OU creative writing student :)
    Striving for a better life! :)
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please may I join in with this thread as I definitely need it.

I started to loose my way with looking after myself when I got into debt but also seemed to fall into the 'I'm skint so I must look poor look'. This is really stupid as I was a professional dressmaker and have no excuses for looking scruffy.

I have been feeling low, well totally rubbish for a long time and this was made worse when I got weighed a couple of days ago and did the fat % thing. At 5' 2" I weight 11st 12lbs and have a 38.2 fat percentage. I was appalled with myself. Well no more. I have a little boy who I need to keep myself fit and health for and I need to make an effort in the way I look.

Well today I have been looking through some clothes which for some reason I had decided that needed to go and there are some nice bits so have put them back into the wardrobe. I refuse to spend the rest of my life in jeans, t shirts and jumpers.

Off to read the whole thread now and get some inspiration.

Ali
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello and welcome to our new fabbers :j

I went on a massively long walk today and I am all tired out :rotfl: Still need to do my PT exercises but I will catch my breath first. The healthy eating continues and I am doing not too bad.

As for fabbing I made real effort today and got continuously drenched so my efforts were in vain :rotfl: still I looked lovely before I left the house ;)
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome all newcomers :T

Lizzie dont feel bad. I work in a school and a lot of parent's have to make that decision. I had to make it myself sometimes as I bought DD up on my own and money was short.

Parsniphead I will follow your progress with interest. I am 5'3" and finally plucked up the courage to weigh myself today after buying some scales. I am 11st 3lb, but will have a similar journey to you.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • Kiwisaver_2
    Kiwisaver_2 Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    Options
    Prudent wrote: »

Parsniphead I will follow your progress with interest. I am 5'3" and finally plucked up the courage to weigh myself today after buying some scales. I am 11st 3lb, but will have a similar journey to you.

I'm a little bit taller 5'6'' and 11st 5lb and would be utterly delighted if I could get back to being 10st something. I just signed up this week with the Slimming World Summer Challenge with a goal to lose 7 pounds in 7 weeks:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5014822

I have only been on it for the past three days but all going well so far. :T
    Mortgage
    Start January 2017: $268,012
    Latest balance $266,734
    Reduction: $1,278.45
  • pirateyqueen
    pirateyqueen Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Got a Groupon deal for an Aveda treatment, colour and cut for £59. Weeeee!
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts