Frump to Fab - Onwards and Upwards

Options

Comments

• Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning :D Well I am back on the straight and narrow in relation to my exercise and eating!

This week will be an amazing week I just know it :D
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kiwisaver wrote: »
    I'm a little bit taller 5'6'' and 11st 5lb and would be utterly delighted if I could get back to being 10st something. I just signed up this week with the Slimming World Summer Challenge with a goal to lose 7 pounds in 7 weeks:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5014822

I have only been on it for the past three days but all going well so far. :T

Thanks for the link to that kiwisaver, it looks fantastic. I would love to join slimming world but I can't get to the local meeting unfortunately. I will definitely give this a good read, it will really help.

I have decided to sort the hair colour today. I have this awful stripe where I coloured it a while back but it didn't take on the bit already dyed and now I have roots too. I will feel much better when it is sorted out.

I'm off on holiday on Saturday to lincolnshire which I'm looking forward to as I have never been to the east side of the country before. It will be nice to relax and spend time with the family. When I get back I have decided to get my hair cut. I have found a style I like and want something a little more stylish.

A few jobs planned to do today then I'm going to have a mooch through my wardrobe and see what new outfits I can find.

Have a lovely day all.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Kiwisaver_2
    Kiwisaver_2 Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the link to that kiwisaver, it looks fantastic. I would love to join slimming world but I can't get to the local meeting unfortunately. I will definitely give this a good read, it will really help.

There's no meetings here either but I did once subscribe online to get all the info. Now I pretty much know what is and isn't on plan and just Google for stuff if not sure. There's quite a bit of free stuff, recipes and a couple of seven day menus available on the slimming world site: http://www.slimmingworld.com/healthy-eating/non-vegetarian-menu.aspx

There's quite a few blogs and forums where sites you can get most info. I am liking this one:

http://georgievale.wix.com/slimmingblog

And the Minimins forum is really useful as it seems to have the answers to every question:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/
    Mortgage
    Start January 2017: $268,012
    Latest balance $266,734
    Reduction: $1,278.45
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fabulous, thank you kiwisaver.

I was going to register online but have been trying to watch the pennies so decided not to. It will be good to get a few pointers though.

I'm currently on holiday from work and have managed to spend the last two hours snoozing while the little one is at nursery. It's something I never do but I feel so much better for it. I have a couple of hours worth of jobs to catch up on now though.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • ScarlettMcCain
    Options
    Hi everyone, just been catching up on all the posting :)

I was feeling distinctly un-fab after living in a building site for a couple of weeks (lessonlearned - I don't know how you manage it!!) but I think/ hope we've now turned a corner. I'm using my new Fitbit a lot and the low carb/ high protein diet seems to be helping me lose some weight - at last! - which is good news as we have our appointment with the fertility consultant tomorrow and are hoping to be referred for IVF.

Parsniphead, are there any other groups you would like to go to or is it only SW? I go to Rosemary Conley but they are about to be rebranded, so there may be some opening offers at your local group? I prefer them to SC or WW as they have an exercise class included, I need to get moving a bit more!

On the MSE front, does anyone have any ideas for veg I could grow easily in the garden now we've cleared a space? I was thinking maybe salad as I've heard that's very easy - I don't have green fingers at all! And even then it'll probably be in a pot so I can throw it away if/ when it dies…..

I've been busy on the Groupon front too looking for vouchers and have found a pedicure for half price - result!
    Finally debt free!! March 2018 :j
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,674 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    Good morning :D Well I am back on the straight and narrow in relation to my exercise and eating!

This week will be an amazing week I just know it :D

Good to hear that rummer. I love positivity!:T

I'm a SW convert parsniphead. Losing weight was the number one best thing that I've done in getting to feel/look fab. From that I went on to sort out my clothes, make up and generally feel better about myself. All with the help of LL and this lovely thread of course.

I post regularly on the SW thread on here. We're a friendly bunch if you want to call by. Basically SW is a healthy eating plan. You need to eat lean meat (assuming you're not veggie), plainly cooked (i.e. not covered in oil or cream) potatoes, pasta, rice and plenty of veg and some fruit. Eat minimal wholemeal bread and no added sugar cereal, milk and cheese but have some as it's healthy. Keep your treats (cake, biscuits, sweets, alcohol) to just that, treats only.

Have a good time in Lincolnshire. A friend of mine moved to just south of Stamford and I went to visit her earlier in the year. It's a lovely area, loved the villages full of stone cottages.

I sorted out a couple of drawers of tops and jumpers today. Mainly I wanted to put them through a quick wash (taking advantage of the weather) for but while I was at it a few went to the CS pile and I found a few others I didn't remember I had! I plan to do the same with hats/gloves/scarves and I've got a 'thick' jumper drawer too.

Cut and blow dry arranged for Friday. I won't need highlights this time as mine are sunbleached at the moment. My hairdresser is very expensive but he's good and as I have very high maintenance hair it's something I'm willing to pay for.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I feel that I have high maintenance everything at the moment. Physio, Pilates, pills and potions to keep me going ;)

Actually Ruby this building site milarky is getting to me a bit. Plasterers have now finally finished. What a marathon. Still need to some trades back in but the worst is over.

I'm definitely in need of some serious fabbing. I'm a mass of aches and pains, my skin is dry and itchy, my hands are a disgrace.

Right the sun is shining and I need to crack on. The washing machine Won't fill itself.

Typed on my iPad so excuse the rubbish typing.
  • sweetcheeks33
    sweetcheeks33 Posts: 1,065 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ladies, I should click in more as this thread always lifts my mood. Home tonight after a 9.5 hour shift. Oh off work due to injury.. So yes does need to rest ... But!! Complaining as he is doing the cooking and us fed up!!!!!

!!!!!!?? I asked him 4/5 times what he wanted for tea... I can't be bothered with moodiness so said I was away to read my book!!! Aargh!!!!! Boys!!!!!!!

Oh n did I mention I'm working this weekend too and this Monday will be my first day off in 4weeks!!!!!!
  • sweetcheeks33
    sweetcheeks33 Posts: 1,065 Forumite
    Options
    Anyway..... No I have my rage out- I must apologise ladies. Fabbing front I had my hair cut today and my highlights so hair has brightened up and I love it. Also had gel colour changed on fingers which several people has talked about already ...

Bought another bikini today for holidays and I have ordered some things from next sale last night so we'll see what I like when it arrives :)

Hope everyone is doing well. I need to get back on track with healthy eating and excercises too...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 July 2014 at 10:18PM
    Options
    Hi ladies, sorry I lost the plot on fabbing a few weeks ago but I think I'm back now. This is a cheerful thread so I should visit more often!
    Have been to yoga tonight, have managed to make it a Thursday habit which is good, as I feel better and I'm enjoying it.
    Have pretty much given up with trying to use make up, I'm just not comfortable with it and I'm not likely to change now. But I am using the Body Shop moisture serum I bought for my face which must be better than nothing?
    I also flirted with the 333 idea and really should stop buying clothes, I spend a ridiculous amount on them. Having said that I mostly wear jeans. Silly. But I did buy some Gap jeans with orange flowers on them which I love - but then needed suitable shoes! It's a minefield! So, am I too old at 53 to be wearing orange Converse and floral jeans?!
    Edit- and possibly orange nail varnish?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure