WARNING - Avoid Shell

Options

Comments

• SimonSays
    SimonSays Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    What if I get a ceramic sign made up. Am I breaking the law?
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    fullretard.jpg
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Faith177 wrote: »
    Seriously OP just give it up already you are looking like a fool now.

Just my opinion but I thought the OP started looking (sounding) like a fool after the first line of her first post. smiley-rolleyes008.gif
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Just my opinion but I thought the OP started looking (sounding) like a fool after the first line of her first post. smiley-rolleyes008.gif

In hindsight I think your right I retract my statement lol :rotfl:
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • StrongWork
    StrongWork Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    not-sure-if-troll-or-some-kind-of-idiot.jpg

Unfortunately for everyone else in society, I fear the latter.
    Emz11 wrote: »
    the fact is the shell staff were still rude and could not see common sense.

Delicious irony.

(Though the criticism of the cashier's English in view of your barely literate posts scores highly on the irony meter also)
    they should have shut the petrol station if they were unable to accept payments.

Which is NOT what actually happened.

For your benefit OP, stop typing. For the benefit of the lulz, please continue.
  • stevemLS
    stevemLS Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Options
    She probably thought the signs were meant for everyone else but her

Special people have special rulez dontcha know :rotfl:

OP is plainly very "special".
  • michaelvintner
    Options
    MamaMoo wrote: »
    If the government listened to my occasional rants and implemented a minimum IQ for road users, sh!te like this wouldn't happen...

Many times I have said that there ought to be either an IQ test or a Common Sense test with the driving test.

So the card machine was not working, go outside and use the cash machine.

Anyway I am now off to fill my car up at Shell.

BY THE WAY BOYCOTT BP AS I DON'T LIKE THEIR SILLY GREEN COLOUR SCHEME.
    Iva started Dec 2018.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 April 2014 at 8:06PM
    Options
    i am disgusted by the treatment me and my mother received at a shell petrol station today and i will now be boycotting them and told them i would be posting on this forum and i suggest you do the same.

my mum filled up her car at a shell petrol station and then we both went inside to pay for the petrol. when inside we told them the pump number and tried to pay using a debit card. the cashier said "sorry we are not able to take credit card payments at the moment because the systems are broken". i explained we were using a DEBIT card not a credit card but he got huffy and said they werent able to take any card at all and that there were notices on all the pumps. i told him there were not notices on the pumps so went out to check we hadn't missed something.

all that was on the pump was a printed sheet of a4 paper saying "sorry, cash payments only" hardly enough of a warning that they dont take cards. also how does a big company like shell simply not be able to take cards, makes no sense! i teld him the sign was not adequate and that they should be warning people before they fill up but he tried to argue saying there was a sign up again. he told us we could use the cash machine on the forecort to withdraw cash and pay that way so we did in the end but were not happy.

i will be boycotting there petrol stations from now on and so will my 62 year old mother. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Your disgusted, im disgusted I wasted time reading the thread. Nothing wrong with the PFS putting a sign up saying " cash payments only " it means cash is only form of payment that is accepted and its a temporary issue. I had to pay cash the other week as the system for taking card payments wasn't working plus they had a problem with the pumps too.

Theres an atm so yu withdraw the cash to pay, dont see what the issue is to be honest, its 1 of them things.

Id invest in a new keyboard.

Oh and I wont be boycotting Shell, Ill continue to use them as I wish.
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,570 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What about stamps, are they excluded as they are legal tender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZtDNhaP4h8
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There was a paper "CASH ONLY" sign on the self service till in Sainsburys this afternoon.

Shall we boycott them as well, Emz11?

:rotfl:
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills