WARNING - Avoid Shell

Options

Comments

• auditbabe
    auditbabe Posts: 652 Forumite
    Options
    Where is the Subway thread please xx I would love some light reading
    Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    auditbabe wrote: »
    Where is the Subway thread please xx I would love some light reading

Deleted sorry, unless someone has a cache. Basically subway wouldnt give a womans daughter a free meatball to try, but did offer to do them some in a cup for £1 (£2?) which was THE RUDEST THING EVER.

And then she kept going back in and complaining. And did not see why she shouldnt just get free samples of everything.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Emz11 wrote: »
    they should have shut the petrol station if they were unable to accept payments.

How entitled are you hahaha! You cannot be for real!

Shut an entire petrol station because the card machine is down? What if people were desperate for it, and had cash? OR used the erm, ATM...

People may have been on the way to see their elderly teenage children! How rude of you to suggest they should miss out on that because a card reader was down.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would have loved to hear the OP's response if the petrol station had been shut because they couldn't use the card machine !

I have never in my life read such stupid comments from a poster :eek: !

I think the government should be informed about this atrocious lack of stickered information. ;) Shell should be closed down immediately to prevent further trauma to their elderly (and mentally challenged) customers.
  • Emz11
    Emz11 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    How entitled are you hahaha! You cannot be for real!

Shut an entire petrol station because the card machine is down? What if people were desperate for it, and had cash? OR used the erm, ATM...

People may have been on the way to see their elderly teenage children! How rude of you to suggest they should miss out on that because a card reader was down.

there is another petrol station down the road they could have used but it is known for given cheaper rates for "locals" so often other customers arent welcome.

i do think the shell garage should close if they cannoy accept cards as the majority of people use cards to pay. if they are unable to accept credit or debit cards they should clearly state this at all pay points in addition to a large display at the entrance.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    there is another petrol station down the road they could have used but it is known for given cheaper rates for "locals" so often other customers arent welcome.

i do think the shell garage should close if they cannoy accept cards as the majority of people use cards to pay. if they are unable to accept credit or debit cards they should clearly state this at all pay points in addition to a large display at the entrance.

Stop now, the trolling is becoming tedious.

You do know that almost every normal person has access to cash, either on their person or from an ATM.

EmzLand must be a strange place where no one has cash...
    ====
  • RosiPossum
    RosiPossum Posts: 519 Forumite
    Options

They did. They put signs on the pumps, which people see before they get their petrol. Because you chose to ignore the sign doesn't mean that it wasn't clearly stated.
  • laineybird2000
    Options

That you Andy?
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Why should they close ? They can still sell petrol and take money, why on earth would they close ?

You were advised before you put petrol in your car, you really are being ridiculous. People visit petrol stations for other things, not just petrol, do you not get out very often ?
  • RosiPossum
    RosiPossum Posts: 519 Forumite
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    Why should they close ? They can still sell petrol and take money, why on earth would they close ?

You were advised before you put petrol in your car, you really are being ridiculous. People visit petrol stations for other things, not just petrol, do you not get out very often ?
    She's probably at home caring for her elderly mother a lot. People in their 60s need 24h care, don't you know?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure