WARNING - Avoid Shell

Options

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    There was a paper "CASH ONLY" sign on the self service till in Sainsburys this afternoon.

Shall we boycott them as well, Emz11?

:rotfl:

I was in Marks and Spencer and they had put an UPTURNED BASKET over a broken self service machine.

I damn near fainted from shock.

Well after I carefully balanced my shopping on said upturned basket, then threw a strop when my food wouldnt scan, as my elderly 26 year old friend was there and they were very rude to her.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What about the supermarket checkouts that say "cash only" ? Are their signs compliant with the non existant law the OP's legal (ahem) adviser seems to have knowledge of ?

Should i boycott them or call David Cameron ?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Who mentioned stamps?

Has anyone noticed that Shell don't give Green Shield Stamps anymore?

And I didn't see a sign either. ;)

P.s. Only 'elderly' people will know what I'm talking about. :D
  • stevemLS
    stevemLS Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Options
    I can't decide whether this thread is funnier or the one about the irresponsible pub?
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Who mentioned stamps?

Has anyone noticed that Shell don't give Green Shield Stamps anymore?

And I didn't see a sign either. ;)

P.s. Only 'elderly' people will know what I'm talking about. :D

Nooooo... what am i going to do with all my full books now ?
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    There was a paper "CASH ONLY" sign on the self service till in Sainsburys this afternoon.

Shall we boycott them as well, Emz11?

:rotfl:

yes! i am boycotting them already, i went into today purchase double gloucester cheese and they had run out - tesco's a mile down the road did have some - i feel the shop should have closed as they could not supply the cheese (the only item i had called in to buy) had the shop been closed and an appropriate legal sign been put on the enterance to the car park i would have continued driving the further mile down the road to tesco's and purchased the cheese with minimum of fuss!! as it was i wasted petrol driving round the car park looking for a parking space, wasted time looking for said cheese and was told by a member of staff the item i wanted was out of stock (how rude).
    maybe the OP's consevertry selling friend could offer legal advice on trading standards and compansation!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    What about the supermarket checkouts that say "cash only" ? Are their signs compliant with the non existant law the OP's legal (ahem) adviser seems to have knowledge of ?

Should i boycott them or call David Cameron ?

Do supermarkets still do "cash only" lanes these days?

Also when they did, they could still physically take cards as the tills are all set up the same.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    stevemLS wrote: »
    I can't decide whether this thread is funnier or the one about the irresponsible pub?

I'm starting to think there must be some kind of contagious disease going round that is making people totally oblivious to signs right in front of their faces!
  • stevemLS
    stevemLS Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Options
    mije1983 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think there must be some kind of contagious disease going round that is making people totally oblivious to signs right in front of their faces!

Should have gone to specsavers?
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i also witnesses and elderly person being told they no longer stocked marathon bars, jiff cleaner and opal fruits and she would have to make do with snickers bars, ciff cleaner and starbursts - no way to treat a customer who was born in the 1970's - also noticed no stock of bounty kitchen roll.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure