WARNING - Avoid Shell

Options

Comments

• cool-dog
    cool-dog Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Emz11 wrote: »
    there is another petrol station down the road they could have used but it is known for given cheaper rates for "locals" so often other customers arent welcome.

i do think the shell garage should close if they cannoy accept cards as the majority of people use cards to pay. if they are unable to accept credit or debit cards they should clearly state this at all pay points in addition to a large display at the entrance.

I went to a petrol station yesterday, the pay@pump was not working, so I had to walk into the shop to pay, the out rage, they should have called me before I started the car as this has caused a lot of inconvenience and wear and tear on my shoes. Am I entitled to compensation for this?
  • cool-dog
    cool-dog Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    well thankyou for your oh so sarcastic responses. bet you think your so big behind the computer screen well how about you come say it to my face. shell were rude to an elderly lady, didnt help that the worker barely spoke english.

a friend of mine owns a conservatory business and has told me it is actually the law to display a list of payment methods at the point of purchase. a cheap a4 sign is not enough.

How come with the double glazing door to door sales people of old (are they still about?) they never had signs around their necks advising of the methods of payment available?
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    just discovered shell petrol stations serve halal sandwiches, so well worth boycotting anyway that is the reason i do not visit the other local garage, to large a range of halal goods.

All the supermarkets, including Waitrose and M&S, sell unlabelled halal meat now - best go veggie or stick to bacon sandwiches (not too much Halal pork around lol).......:eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315278/Top-supermarkets-secretly-sell-halal-Sainsburys-Tesco-Waitrose-M-S-dont-tell-meat-ritually-slaughtered.html

Lin ;)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morglin wrote: »
    All the supermarkets, including Waitrose and M&S, sell unlabelled halal meat now - best go veggie or stick to bacon sandwiches (not too much Halal pork around lol).......:eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315278/Top-supermarkets-secretly-sell-halal-Sainsburys-Tesco-Waitrose-M-S-dont-tell-meat-ritually-slaughtered.html

Lin ;)

No but there is Julienne ham which allegedly is a bacon substitute...one of the pizza places by me does it

I quite often have to cross the entry and exit roads at my local Shell garage, as a pedestrian. Maybe I should boycott them on account of my almost being run over several times by speeding cars on their way in :rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • gik
    gik Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    I've just been told that BP fuel isn't actually made from Bee Pee. Can I get a refund for 40 years of being misled about this? I mean surely there should have been an official double glazed conservatory standard sign somewhere? Fuming!
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What about the people who want to buy Halal sandwiches ? They should be boycotting the petrol stations that don't sell them.

I'm devastated about the Bee Pee too. I have a conservatory, i'll make up a sign later.
  • RosiPossum
    RosiPossum Posts: 519 Forumite
    Options
    gik wrote: »
    I've just been told that BP fuel isn't actually made from Bee Pee. Can I get a refund for 40 years of being misled about this? I mean surely there should have been an official double glazed conservatory standard sign somewhere? Fuming!
    Thanks for completely ruining my day, gik. Another one of my illusions totally shattered! Bzzzzzzzzzzz
  • gik
    gik Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    RosiPossum wrote: »
    Thanks for completely ruining my day, gik. Another one of my illusions totally shattered! Bzzzzzzzzzzz

Ruined your day??? !!!!!! it's much more serious than that...I'm talking 40 years filling here....not just a one off quickie!
  • RosiPossum
    RosiPossum Posts: 519 Forumite
    Options
    gik wrote: »
    Ruined your day??? !!!!!! it's much more serious than that...I'm talking 40 years filling here....not just a one off quickie!
    Fair point!
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    just discovered shell petrol stations serve halal sandwiches,

If any proof were needed that this is a troll then here it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure