My wife's gone mad! (And now I know why!)

Options

Comments

• Hanky_Panky
    Hanky_Panky Posts: 767 Forumite
    Options
    I remember reading somewhere - probably here, that a woman marries a man expecting him to change and a man marries a woman expecting her to stay the same - we're doomed !:D
  • marisco_2
    marisco_2 Posts: 4,261 Forumite
    Options
    Tropez wrote: »
    I hardly know what day it is most of the time. It's best to keep all these dates noted with suitable advance reminders to purchase gifts.

boyfriend1.jpg
    The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own, no apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
  • 4nnabella
    4nnabella Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    Options
    *max* wrote: »
    It isn't too late to get a quick annulment on grounds of psychotic behaviour and marry me instead, ye know...Just putting it out there.

*max* beat me to it... I love fibre optic...
    :j Debt Free 27.07.2011!! :j
  • Tropez
    Tropez Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    Options
    I remember reading somewhere - probably here, that a woman marries a man expecting him to change and a man marries a woman expecting her to stay the same - we're doomed !:D

It does seem that way.
    marisco wrote: »
    boyfriend1.jpg

I was about to say that I can't forget my anniversary when I realised that I actually don't know when it is. We got married just before midnight on New Year's Eve but that was in Las Vegas. Also, her whole intention behind this date was to start the new year married. In the UK it would have already been New Year's Day... aww, she's done this to mess with me.
    4nnabella wrote: »
    *max* beat me to it... I love fibre optic...

You wouldn't want dinner or something first? Just jump straight onto the fibre optic?
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I do like Game of Thrones...

We're meant to be, I tell you, MEANT TO BE! :dance:
  • 4nnabella
    Options
    It does seem that way.

I was about to say that I can't forget my anniversary when I realised that I actually don't know when it is. We got married just before midnight on New Year's Eve but that was in Las Vegas. Also, her whole intention behind this date was to start the new year married. In the UK it would have already been New Year's Day... aww, she's done this to mess with me.

I wanted to get married on 1st January for the same reason but our venue wasn't open, so we had to go with the 15th instead. I'd say your anniversary is the 31st December... The time/date in the UK at the time is irrelevant.

You wouldn't want dinner or something first? Just jump straight onto the fibre optic?

I'll bring pizza...
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Word of warning, I have been married for over 50 years and know that it NEVER changes. You married her, just learn to live with it as it is not going to change :0(

London50
  • Tropez
    Options
    I wanted to get married on 1st January for the same reason but our venue wasn't open, so we had to go with the 15th instead. I'd say your anniversary is the 31st December... The time/date in the UK at the time is irrelevant.

I'll bring pizza...

I reckon what'll happen is if I give her a gift on the 31st she'll claim it's early, but if I wait until the 1st she'll claim it's late. I'm pretty sure this is some type of trick to get two presents so that I'm covering all bases.

It will probably work too.

Mmm, pizza...
    *max* wrote: »
    We're meant to be, I tell you, MEANT TO BE! :dance:

Marvellous!
    London50 wrote: »
    Word of warning, I have been married for over 50 years and know that it NEVER changes. You married her, just learn to live with it as it is not going to change :0(

London50

That's encouraging.

If anyone needs me, I shall be learning Spanish, or as Mexicans say, español. :D
  • 4nnabella
    Options
    Split the difference and give her a gift on the stroke of midnight...
  • Tropez
    Options
    Split the difference and give her a gift on the stroke of midnight...

I completely misread that initially. :o

But interesting plan! I shall do that and completely pass it off as my own ingenuity!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure