My wife's gone mad! (And now I know why!)

Options

Comments

• CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    Could she be pregnant? :D
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • HPoirot
    HPoirot Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Ah, she's finally turned into a wife! ;)

There's no getting away from it Tropez, best grin and bear it, from now on you are officially a harassed middle aged husband :D
  • GBNI
    GBNI Posts: 576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tropez wrote: »
    I honestly don't care what she spends her money on. She runs two businesses so I figure whatever she wants to do with what she makes is her choice.

That said, I don't think she does need quite as much make-up because I think she's fallen for this media-promoted horsecrap that women need make-up to be attractive but I don't actually care whether she buys it or not.

But it's soooooo tempting!

We'll look out for your obituary ;)
  • Tropez
    Tropez Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    Options
    marisco wrote: »
    Hmmmm how to break this to you gently.....

Is there any chance you might be hearing the patter of tiny feet in the not too distant future? Early pregnancy and all those raging hormones can turn otherwise normally calm, sensible and level headed women more than a little irrational.

God I hope not. That'd be another point in the column of becoming Mr Munoz.
    [My brain says go for it but my nipples scream no./B]

Ha ha!
    Re: B. I went a bit like this before marriage so Mr FB knew what he was getting into! The desire to save a huge deposit for a house and afford maternity leave meant my poor husband was quizzed over everything.

(I may still be like this)

I wouldn't pay for a spa unless you book it through quidco, have got it at a bargain rate or done something to offset the cost. ;)

Ah but at least you gave him warning! I had several years of happy, plain sailing; well mostly anyway.
  • marisco_2
    marisco_2 Posts: 4,261 Forumite
    Options
    God I hope not. That'd be another point in the column of becoming Mr Munoz.

Whatever you do don't pre-empt anything by asking her. If she is she may want to break the news to you some special way. If she's not it would be a case of 'light the blue touch paper, and retire immediately'.

BTW Mexico is lovely this time of year :D
    The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own, no apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
  • Buzzybee90
    Buzzybee90 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    This sounds like me. To a tee.
  • Tropez
    Options
    CH27 wrote: »
    Could she be pregnant? :D

See above :D
    HPoirot wrote: »
    Ah, she's finally turned into a wife! ;)

There's no getting away from it Tropez, best grin and bear it, from now on you are officially a harassed middle aged husband :D

Well fortunately the house is rather big so I can probably go and hide somewhere.
    GBNI wrote: »
    We'll look out for your obituary ;)

It will likely contain the words "nipple" and "dissection".
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe she's decided what she'd like for her birthday/christmas and knows how much you'll need to save for it :)
  • Tropez
    Options
    marisco wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't pre-empt anything by asking her. If she is she may want to break the news to you some special way. If she's not it would be a case of 'light the blue touch paper, and retire immediately'.

BTW Mexico is lovely this time of year :D

No problem there! I will use the tried and tested tactic of ignoring it and hopefully it will go away!
    Buzzybee90 wrote: »
    This sounds like me. To a tee.

Is the '90 in your name your birth year because if so, it isn't you.

If not... chicken alright for dinner?
  • Buzzybee90
    Buzzybee90 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No problem there! I will use the tried and tested tactic of ignoring it and hopefully it will go away!

Is the '90 in your name your birth year because if so, it isn't you.

If not... chicken alright for dinner?

I'm actually even younger than the 90... But your wife sounds very, very similar to me. I can't help it :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure