Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Options

Comments

• Onbudsman
    Onbudsman Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Snowbelle wrote: »
    How did you get the exit fees waived?

Complain and shame EE enough they will gladly want rid of you :-)
    They may even pay you to leave them lol.
  • Onbudsman
    Options
    Maxwell007 wrote: »
    £3 Wooow

they said "I will receive a confirmation email tomorrow and will then be able to view your bill on our website,"

I will keep you all posted . . .

Ive found out the hard way, what EE say to what they actually do is 2 different things.

Best of luck though, they may make amends to their ways.
  • Onbudsman
    edited 8 April 2015 at 1:09PM
    Options
    Just an update on my case and what the actual issue is:

1) No 6 monthly bill received
    2) DD amount not reduced as agreed on
    3) No phone call received as promised on the 07/04/2015 in regards to points 1 & 2.

Now on the phone 48 mins and counting, 1st operator couldn't assist as his system had crashed. Now on 2nd operator who is going through all the notes.

Will update post as the call progresses, not that I hold out much hope. Main thing today is the DD amount as I really am a touch busy for travelling to the bank to reverse DD, more so with with the weather being so nice :D

UPDATE:

After 1 hour on the phone:

The outcome, EE are going to call me back TODAY as all their managers/seniors are on training at the moment.

To be continued > I wont say any more than that.
  • gren05
    gren05 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    After 6 posts to date re EE I thought I would update...

Finished with EE on the 5th December 2014....(never received a single Bill)
    After Numerous phone calls & emails requesting Final Bill (& involving Ombundsman) I finally received a Final Bill on the 2nd March showing I was in credit by £279 , bottom of the bill said that all monies would be credited by the 11th March.
    No Money was paid into my account.
    Like others I then had the £12 Government Rebate taken from my account.
    Yet again I phoned them asking for the adjustment to be made & told them I wanted my money credited back to me immediately.
    I was then told my account would be credited with the £12 my exit fee would be waivered & the £279 would be in my account by the 7th April.
    Guess What ....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have yet again been on the phone to them today & now awaiting a call back.

It is disgusting & totally unacceptable that in this day & age a company Like EE can hold on to your money , make false promises & you are helpless.

To all those considering a move to them.....AVOID AT ALL COST !!!

You will regret it.....
  • Onbudsman
    Options
    gren05 wrote: »
    After 6 posts to date re EE I thought I would update...

Finished with EE on the 5th December 2014....(never received a single Bill)
    After Numerous phone calls & emails requesting Final Bill (& involving Ombundsman) I finally received a Final Bill on the 2nd March showing I was in credit by £279 , bottom of the bill said that all monies would be credited by the 11th March.
    No Money was paid into my account.
    Like others I then had the £12 Government Rebate taken from my account.
    Yet again I phoned them asking for the adjustment to be made & told them I wanted my money credited back to me immediately.
    I was then told my account would be credited with the £12 my exit fee would be waivered & the £279 would be in my account by the 7th April.
    Guess What ....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have yet again been on the phone to them today & now awaiting a call back.

It is disgusting & totally unacceptable that in this day & age a company Like EE can hold on to your money , make false promises & you are helpless.

To all those considering a move to them.....AVOID AT ALL COST !!!

You will regret it.....

This is the main reason I want me DD lowering, I have no issue staying and being in debit. However EE are not having my money just in case they never create me a bill.

No bill will result in no payment to them.

Good luck Gren05, EE seem to be passing the pillar again today with promises to reply.

I hold no hope for the return call today.
  • Onbudsman
    edited 8 April 2015 at 5:01PM
    Options
    Onbudsman wrote: »
    Just an update on my case and what the actual issue is:

1) No 6 monthly bill received
    2) DD amount not reduced as agreed on
    3) No phone call received as promised on the 07/04/2015 in regards to points 1 & 2.

Now on the phone 48 mins and counting, 1st operator couldn't assist as his system had crashed. Now on 2nd operator who is going through all the notes.

Will update post as the call progresses, not that I hold out much hope. Main thing today is the DD amount as I really am a touch busy for travelling to the bank to reverse DD, more so with with the weather being so nice :D

UPDATE:

After 1 hour on the phone:

The outcome, EE are going to call me back TODAY as all their managers/seniors are on training at the moment.

To be continued > I wont say any more than that.

Its now close to closing time for EE and I have not had the phone call which was yet again promised to me. I am back on the phone awaiting an answer as they are very busy at the moment.

15 mins and still no answer (Yawn)

20 mins I get an answer, not that bad.

EE calling me back tomorrow ... (YAWN)
    Looks like im off to the bank Monday to reverse the Direct Debit.

I will leave it in EE's hands now as I do have a life to get on with.
    Im sure it will get sorted eventually once they realise they not getting my money.

EE > good prices
    EE > polite employees, helpful at first.

EE > No bills
    EE > full of apologies/promises which they dont follow through

If you join EE, keep your Direct Debit low and you wont have a problem.
  • fussypensioner
    fussypensioner Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It identifies who you are on here though - not only on this thread but whatever you post about on other threads. I personally prefer to remain anonymous.

Don't understand what you mean, if you reply to EE and don't give your MSE name - and refuse to give it because its nothing to do with your ongoing complaint - how can they identify you?
    Holding back the years...
  • fussypensioner
    fussypensioner Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That is so your name can also go in zee little black book! :rotfl:

dont_tell_him_pike.jpg

:T V. Funny thanks foravingalarrrf!
    Holding back the years...
  • Snowbelle
    Snowbelle Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Don't understand what you mean, if you reply to EE and don't give your MSE name - and refuse to give it because its nothing to do with your ongoing complaint - how can they identify you?
    They are asking for MSE name on all posts asking for anyone to contact them. Like you say just don't tell them, although wouldn't be hard for them to work out who you are from what you have posted.
  • Onbudsman
    Options
    They are asking for MSE name on all posts asking for anyone to contact them. Like you say just don't tell them, although wouldn't be hard for them to work out who you are from what you have posted.

Sorry, they can use my account details not a forum username.
    EE certainly can match up who is who is they put the effort into it. I doubt it though as they struggle to do the basic of things :rotfl:

But I would imagine zee little black book is used if you do tell them :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport