• Maxwell007
    Maxwell007 Posts: 312 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2015 at 9:48AM
    Options
    Anybody having 6months or final bill issues please email :

[EMAIL="billing@extraenergy.com"]billing@extraenergy.com[/EMAIL]

Make it very clear and very very very loud and don't take no prisoners,

Good luck,

Ps I have to thanks to my rep at EE billings as they were super quick and deserve a medal and a bones for handling my case and they were true to there word/emails.
  • Snowbelle
    Snowbelle Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Beginning to feel jealous. Maybe I'm much lower down in the queue! Anyone had their £12 put back yet?
    I have - it doesn't show on the account as £12 credit like it did originally but it is on the bill I recently received.
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 April 2015 at 9:39AM
    Options
    well, after the all the latest info confirming no improvement in EE at all & we're now heading into credit time of the year, i've just jumped ship to flow energy, saving £160 per year (less £50 EE exit fees)/fixed to March 2016/no exit fees & prices can reduce in this period.

Flow seem to be another small company, but the niggles they had when they started do appear to be ok now. not a lot of activity on the forum for them, which i take as a positive! the next 2 cheapest were co-op who have just made a major mess of their systems, & sainsbury's, again another having issues/wanting deposits up front - both had exit fees too, so Flow it is.

:)
  • chas1999
    chas1999 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    Well, well, well, what a surprise, a Final Bill in my email this morning, just 104 days after I left them.

Not only that, it's correct and they've refunded the Government Rebate.

2 things that are not so good:

They have charged exit fees.
    The recalculated the bill is over the whole period I was with them, cancelling an earlier bill. The new bill uses a gas Conversion Factor that is higher that the previous one so I've paid more for my gas.

I phoned this morning. They say I will get the refund "probably" next week and they've passed on my request to waive the exit fees. No promises this time.

I'll keep the ombudsman complaint ongoing until I get my exit fees waived and I see the money in the bank.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chas1999 wrote: »
    Well, well, well, what a surprise, a Final Bill in my email this morning, just 104 days after I left them.

Not only that, it's correct and they've refunded the Government Rebate.

2 things that are not so good:

They have charged exit fees.
    The recalculated the bill is over the whole period I was with them, cancelling an earlier bill. The new bill uses a gas Conversion Factor that is higher that the previous one so I've paid more for my gas.

I phoned this morning. They say I will get the refund "probably" next week and they've passed on my request to waive the exit fees. No promises this time.

I'll keep the ombudsman complaint ongoing until I get my exit fees waived and I see the money in the bank.

I just sent an email and said because of all the false promises would they consider cancelling the exit fees and they agreed immediately.

Please you finally got your final bill.
  • chas1999
    chas1999 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I just sent an email and said because of all the false promises would they consider cancelling the exit fees and they agreed immediately.

Please you finally got your final bill.

Thanks MABLE for the advice. I emailed detailing my reasons why they should waive the fee.

I got a reply by phone within a couple of hours and had a good chat with a very nice lady from EE. She would pass on my request to a manager and was hopeful. My refund of over-payments should be in my bank in 2 weeks, the fees being paid separately if at all. I'm hopeful this promise will be kept.

To all you other people out there with problems, I must say that I think EE may have got their systems sorted out at last but I think it will still take some time to clear the backlog.

I've had 2 bills. The one in November using August readings was numbered 1500+ The new one is number 15,000+ so with a reputed 350,000 customers there's a way to go. 15000 bills produced in 12 months is a poor show.
  • Onbudsman
    Onbudsman Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    chas1999 wrote: »
    Thanks MABLE for the advice. I emailed detailing my reasons why they should waive the fee.

I got a reply by phone within a couple of hours and had a good chat with a very nice lady from EE. She would pass on my request to a manager and was hopeful. My refund of over-payments should be in my bank in 2 weeks, the fees being paid separately if at all. I'm hopeful this promise will be kept.

To all you other people out there with problems, I must say that I think EE may have got their systems sorted out at last but I think it will still take some time to clear the backlog.

I've had 2 bills. The one in November using August readings was numbered 1500+ The new one is number 15,000+ so with a reputed 350,000 customers there's a way to go. 15000 bills produced in 12 months is a poor show.

EE havent got their systems in place, they are using 8 staff to bill manually!

They are also neglecting to carry through their promises of contacting their customers back. So much for that promised phone call today... So thats no the 07th the 08th and the 09th EE have not called me back.
    Back to the phone it is then!
  • Onbudsman
    Options
    Onbudsman wrote: »
    Its now close to closing time for EE and I have not had the phone call which was yet again promised to me. I am back on the phone awaiting an answer as they are very busy at the moment.

15 mins and still no answer (Yawn)

20 mins I get an answer, not that bad.

EE calling me back tomorrow ... (YAWN)
    Looks like im off to the bank Monday to reverse the Direct Debit.

I will leave it in EE's hands now as I do have a life to get on with.
    Im sure it will get sorted eventually once they realise they not getting my money.

EE > good prices
    EE > polite employees, helpful at first.

EE > No bills
    EE > full of apologies/promises which they dont follow through

If you join EE, keep your Direct Debit low and you wont have a problem.

YAWN: Im back, no phone call today in regards to my problems. I did tell the employee not to waste his breath promising as I knew it was bulls**t.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I left them for my gas supply in November 2014 and today had a meter reader call on behalf of EE wanting to do a safety check on my gas meter and a meter read.

Its nice to know even though I left them over 4 months ago they are concerned about my safety. Bless!
  • Onbudsman
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I left them for my gas supply in November 2014 and today had a meter reader call on behalf of EE wanting to do a safety check on my gas meter and a meter read.

Its nice to know even though I left them over 4 months ago they are concerned about my safety. Bless!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Scary when you think about the overhead costs. If a meter reader turns up at my door I will say "hold on a minute, I will just go speak to my boss, I promise to come back"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure