PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

help skint need some quick money making tips

Options
hi was looking for advice and came across mse basically me and my partner have split up this week and hes left me with nothing litterally

im just wondering if any one has any quick money making tips i have been to sell my jewellery but its all fake gold so they wont take it should have known really

been looking through freebies sites etc but cant find any thing of interest like is there quick paying surveys and stuff

reason im asking is hes left me with out a penny and i desperately need to earn something to get toiletries and a little food.

Start back at my old job next week hence why i cant get any benefits etc

Comments

• Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you don't have enough food, you could go to your GP, explain what's happened and ask for a referral to a food bank.

Have you checked in all your pockets, handbags etc for any forgotten money or coins that have fallen down the sofa etc.

Do you not have any friends or family who could lend you some money until your first pay cheque goes in?
  • asparagus1968
    asparagus1968 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    look at the "milk&more" website, think you can have food now, pay later.

any items you could take to cash converter? eg phones/ ipods/dvd players/ dvds/cds/kitchen equipment?

could you go trough everything you have in your food cupboards/fridge and freezer and post back here for help?

cancel any direct debits you don't need .

apply for single occupancy council tax asap.
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

• asparagus1968
    asparagus1968 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    could old job give you an advance?

any nectar /Tesco clubcard points to use?

surely a friend or relative could give/ lend food?
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

• SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just come across this, quite how legitamite it is i don't know.

http://unbouncepages.com/ultimate-c1/
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • nataliedee
    nataliedee Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    Gigervamp wrote: »
    If you don't have enough food, you could go to your GP, explain what's happened and ask for a referral to a food bank.

Have you checked in all your pockets, handbags etc for any forgotten money or coins that have fallen down the sofa etc.

Do you not have any friends or family who could lend you some money until your first pay cheque goes in?

hi i have enough food for my son so thats not really a concern to me at the mo its just toilet roll etc .i didnt realise i had to get a voucher and with it being weekend i cant get one by the time i can i will have started back at my job .ive been accepted for hardship there saying that will hit my account tuesday but quite wether it will or not i dont no as im now due to go back to work .
    yes theres really nothing i changed my coppers got 3 pound ish and got bread and milk and tea bags son loves tea
    theres no family as i lost touch due to the voilent nature of my relationship i have contacted them but had no reply as of yet to tell them whats happened etc
    thanks for the advice
  • nataliedee
    Options
    could old job give you an advance?

any nectar /Tesco clubcard points to use?

surely a friend or relative could give/ lend food?

I have asked and my boss is away until monday but said she will try and sort something on monday .
    no nothing like that
    and due to my relationship i had to get the police invlved etc my family dont really talk to me as they all warned me and i didnt listen but now i have i have contacted them just waiting for a reply
  • nataliedee
    Options
    look at the "milk&more" website, think you can have food now, pay later.

any items you could take to cash converter? eg phones/ ipods/dvd players/ dvds/cds/kitchen equipment?

could you go trough everything you have in your food cupboards/fridge and freezer and post back here for help?

cancel any direct debits you don't need .

apply for single occupancy council tax asap.

hi ive just done the postcode checker and it says they havent expanded into my area yet
    ive been told to ring housing benefit on monday see if im going to be entitled to help as i will be going back to my 35 hours a week so will do that im assuming council tax will be involved with that ive removed x partner of my tenancy
    just applied for an overdraft on my online banking but it says theyll write to me
    ill go see whats in the cupboards the reason i have nothing is because the day he turned on me again we was actually due to go shopping he had been paid his wages but had started with the financially controlling behaviour and it escualted from there
    also i was claiming child tax and cben it was going to his bank but i have changed bank details hoping that the payments go in as normal next week or will updating bank info change this
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,752 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not something I,d normally suggest but needs must. Is there any public toilet you can visit, supermarket would be ideal, and take an extra few sheets to tide you over?
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Could you phone someone like the Sally Army, or a Church ?
    Maybe if you're the victim of a bad relationship try comtacting Womens Aid.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • nataliedee
    Options
    ive just received a txt saying although they cant loan me money my aunt is going to have a rummage in freezer and call round with some bits for us
    ive got some old dvds etc so was going to sell them to music magpie probably a good idea for a good de clutter
    thankyou everyone for your helpfull advice and ideas
    i have emailed and left an answer phone message for womens aid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family