Ryanair's new 7-day check-in rules

Options

Comments

• zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a fiasco this is going to be! Looks like the new 7 day check in rules have caught some people unawares and customers are still trying to check in for both the outward and return flights at the same time which is no longer going to be possible unless seats are reserved (and paid extra for) in advance.

Ryanair were supposed to be trying to be more user friendly - so why on earth have they brought these ridiculous new conditions in to confuse customers even more than usual?
  • LisbonLaura
    LisbonLaura Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Begorrah! Maybe O'Sleary thought no one would never notice?
    The man maintains his 'PR Disaster' accolade.
    How long before an internal coup finishes him off?
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    For the sake of £5 each, is it worth getting so stressed about? They get you whichever way they can. At least you know you can check in for your return flight home and get seats together, before going. If you don't do it, check in in a caf! somewhere whilst away, or fly with another airline !
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I recieved a email from ryanair praising their new website....i presume most people did,they also asked for feedback......they certainly got some.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NFH wrote: »
    Who said anything about a hotel? What about people who stay in a private villa for example? It's high time that Ryanair issued optional mobile boarding passes like other airlines, and they will start doing so from 1st April. However, in Ryanair's terms and conditions, I see that they will charge to issue a mobile boarding pass! It doesn't say what the fee is, but this is absurd. If passengers save paper and consequently the environment, they should not be penalised for doing so. Ryanair should be ashamed of itself for implementing such an unreasonable and non-environmentally friendly policy. Wasting paper and expecting people to have printers is just silly.

You know and agree the T&C before purchasing the ticket so where is the problem ??

If you do not like Ryanair then go for another airlines. There are a lot them offering a good service and pay more like Lufthansa, Swiss International Air Lines, Aegean Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Austrian Airlines

I love Ryanair. They make traveling becomes much more affordable. Some people are expecting too much but offering too little do not want to pay more ....
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rustyboy21 wrote: »
    For the sake of £5 each, is it worth getting so stressed about? They get you whichever way they can. At least you know you can check in for your return flight home and get seats together, before going. If you don't do it, check in in a caf! somewhere whilst away, or fly with another airline !

It's the principle though. We've already paid for the flight, and not cheaply either.

Ryanair are trumpeting this as an improvement when in fact it certainly is not.

They could easily allocate the seats without charging extra for them.
  • catwoman73
    catwoman73 Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You know and agree the T&C before purchasing the ticket so where is the problem ??

But many of the people affected will have made the booking before the T&Cs changed and are now faced with increased charges.

I for one don't want to have to mess about trying to find internet cafes on holiday - I go there to relax and get away from the inconveniences of modern life, ie being stuck to computers and jumping through the likes of Ryanair's hoops.

It just adds to the number of reasons that I would avoid Ryanair unless they were significantly cheaper than other airlines, which they often aren't anyway once you factor in baggage, because, shock horror, I like to take more than the very basic amount of clothes on holiday and don't want to be bothered doing washing while I am there.
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    catwoman73 wrote: »

But many of the people affected will have made the booking before the T&Cs changed and are now faced with increased charges.

I for one don't want to have to mess about trying to find internet cafes on holiday - I go there to relax and get away from the inconveniences of modern life, ie being stuck to computers and jumping through the likes of Ryanair's hoops.

It just adds to the number of reasons that I would avoid Ryanair unless they were significantly cheaper than other airlines, which they often aren't anyway once you factor in baggage, because, shock horror, I like to take more than the very basic amount of clothes on holiday and don't want to be bothered doing washing while I am there.

Totally agree

When I booked it said I could check in online 15 days before I travel - no mention at all of the change to 7 days.

Yes I can find an internet cafe - but I like to have everything sorted before I travel so I can just relax and not worry about being charged a fortune at the airport if I forget to check in.

It is just another scam from Ryan Air to make their tickets seem cheaper while hitting you with charges after you have booked. They could have just allocated seats as you check in - they chose to add yet another charge to their tickets. Another hoop to jump through.

Oh and I didn't really have a choice but to fly with them unless I wanted to travel to a different airport and stay overnight in a hotel, but I had I know about these changes I might have done that.
  • aaroncaz
    aaroncaz Posts: 5,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok so just been reading this quickly.... am flying with them in July, 10 days me and my son...... check in going will be ok, printing etc... but unless I book allocated seats for the return journey then I will be unable to print off return flight boarding pass until 7 days until we fly home? I really do not not want to be hassled with finding a printer when we areaway, so it looks like paying for allocated seats on the way home, at £10?
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    aaroncaz wrote: »
    Ok so just been reading this quickly.... am flying with them in July, 10 days me and my son...... check in going will be ok, printing etc... but unless I book allocated seats for the return journey then I will be unable to print off return flight boarding pass until 7 days until we fly home? I really do not not want to be hassled with finding a printer when we areaway, so it looks like paying for allocated seats on the way home, at £10?

Yep, and depending on the flight it will be £5 or £10 per person. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport