Ryanair's new 7-day check-in rules

Options

Comments

• SaveTheEuro
    SaveTheEuro Posts: 970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Royal1 wrote: »
    We now use checkinpal.com they offere a free call back service for a start unlike the airlines at their premium rates. You take your travel dates and complete the whole check in process for you. They send us our boarding cards via international post to the villa for the return flight and by email for the outbound. This has solves many of our check in concerns.

The website has an "About Us" section which says nothing about who owns and operates it. There is not even a business address.

It claims Ryanair has a "first come-first seated policy." Really?

I wonder how they deal with the "did you pack your luggage yourself?" question.
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,292 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The website has an "About Us" section which says nothing about who owns and operates it. There is not even a business address.
    Look again: http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-of-use/
    It claims Ryanair has a "first come-first seated policy." Really?
    http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/140403-changes-to-online-check-in-deadlines_en/
    I wonder how they deal with the "did you pack your luggage yourself?" question.
    Huh? The same as any other airline - what's that got to do with anything?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,994 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ic wrote: »

That question needs answering by the traveller, not by some website set up to post boarding passes to remote locations that hope Mr postman delivers before the flight leaves.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • NFH
    NFH Posts: 4,373 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That is a breach of Regulation 6(1) of the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ic wrote: »
    Look again: http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-of-use/

http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/140403-changes-to-online-check-in-deadlines_en/

I believe SaveTheEuro is talking about checkinpal.com, not Ryanair.
  • dalehitchy
    dalehitchy Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    yup ive just tried to check in online for my parents for their holiday. realised i cant check in until a week before then i realised how the hell am i going to give them their tickets for there return flight.

absolutely disgraceful. i normally defend their practices as their flights are usually cheap but they may as well add £20 to the price of the flight instead.

My parents are going on holiday for 2 weeks. they are unfortunately computer illiterate and are not going to be able to sort all of this while on holiday. I've been on many flights with Ryanair and always recommended them even when people have bashed them.

The are robbing B******s and i will never fly with them again because of this. Even if a flight is £100 cheaper with Ryanair I will now recommend anything else. They think they will gain money this way but I assure you, they will no longer get any more money from me or my family.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,325 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    dalehitchy wrote: »
    yup ive just tried to check in online for my parents for their holiday. realised i cant check in until a week before then i realised how the hell am i going to give them their tickets for there return flight.
    Can't you print it a week before their return and send it to them in the post?
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    when the airline is a private business, they blatantly show how rigid they are with their rules, They charge for every thing they do for you, why do you still book with them?

There are plenty of other airlines out there who will gladly take your money. It is just that some of you want the 1p ticket and not have to pay a penny more. The extras charged are what the plane is ran on and the staff paid. If you cannot work in their parameters, stop flying with them.

!!!!!! Stop moaning !!!
  • MiserlyMartin
    MiserlyMartin Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 April 2014 at 10:57PM
    Options
    rustyboy21 wrote: »
    when the airline is a private business, they blatantly show how rigid they are with their rules, They charge for every thing they do for you, why do you still book with them?

There are plenty of other airlines out there who will gladly take your money. It is just that some of you want the 1p ticket and not have to pay a penny more. The extras charged are what the plane is ran on and the staff paid. If you cannot work in their parameters, stop flying with them.

!!!!!! Stop moaning !!!

You miss the point entirely. Ryanair now accept that customers are fed up with these fees and tricks and supposedly have changed for the better. See this story" A warm, cuddly, humble Ryanair? Notorious chief MichaelO’Leary outlines his plan to start making customers happy"

While the better changes are welcome, they have just replaced the other fees with this new 7 day rule which forces people to pay for allocated seats on the return leg regardless of if they want them or not. For longer hols you will have to pay on both legs. It works out a lot for a whole family holiday. To print on holiday - a lot of hotels will charge you for internet access and printers plus on holiday that's the last thing you want to be worrying about.

So far from making things better, they have just made things worse and so a complete waste of that massive new marketing budget, Mr. O' Leary.

"“Yes we have an image that we might be cavalier about our customers, cavalier about our staff, we might be robust in the way that we deal with people who complain, but this thing works. And imagine how better it is going to work, how many more people we’re going to carry and how much more money we’re going to make if we actually stop being nasty to people about their carry-on bags, free seats or anything else"....
  • CCFC_80
    CCFC_80 Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention as I'm off in a couple of weeks for 10 days. As the previous poster has just said, The last thing you want to do on holiday is thinking about printing off your return boarding passes going to an internet cafe etc.

Looks as if I will have to pay this for the return flight. Sneeky way of them getting extra revenue.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure