Ryanair's new 7-day check-in rules

Options

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm guessing most passengers consider the changes an improvement overall.
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    I'm guessing most passengers consider the changes an improvement overall.

We'll see when Ryanair's next profit figures are announced.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    zaksmum wrote: »
    The airline whose profits were down last year prompting it's owner to announce he would improve his customer service...

Ryanair has announced that for the first half of 2013-14, revenue is up by 5% to €3.25bn and profit after tax rising 1% to €602m.

It doesn't take long for O'Leary to bounce back. :D
  • LisbonLaura
    LisbonLaura Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Get over it.;)

Sorry, the point I was making so poorly was that he need not !!!! people off.
    I have used his airline a lot and have never had an issue, but all that is needed is the Norwegian & Jet2 attitude to customers. At present I choose those two even when they cost more, purely because of their relative calm.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorry, the point I was making so poorly was that he need not !!!! people off.
    I have used his airline a lot and have never had an issue, but all that is needed is the Norwegian & Jet2 attitude to customers. At present I choose those two even when they cost more, purely because of their relative calm.

The point is he doesn't !!!! off the majority of the 81.5 million people who make journeys with Ryanair every year.
    Most of whom are able to follow Ryanair's clear T&Cs to the letter, check-in online and print off their boarding passes and arrive on-time at the airport with the correct baggage.
    It really is THAT simple and the reason why Ryanair is such a massively successful airline is simply because their passengers understand the reason behind all those T&Cs is to drive down prices.
    It's why those !!!!!! you regualrly see arguing at the boarding gate that their bulging,oversized rucksack should be allowed as cabin baggage get no sympathy.
    I've lost count of the number of times I've flown FR and always, and I mean,ALWAYS without a problem and much cheaper than the competition.
    And have you seen Norwegian and Jet 2's route maps compared to Ryanair's ?
  • MiserlyMartin
    MiserlyMartin Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 April 2014 at 5:56PM
    Options
    Oh,the irony of people on here complaining about how the airline they always use isn't very good; the cheap airline they always fly is trying to charge another tenner per flight; the airline they only use because it's the only one that flies to the destination they want from their local airport; the airline they're happily willing to fly on holiday roughing it with only carry-on baggage but can't be arsed to go to their hotel reception / internet cafe for 5 minutes to check-in; the airline that has transformed cheap air travel throughout Europe; the airline that the majority of their passengers use for journeys of LESS than 7 days.

Nope,it's just not good enough. I want a scheduled not charter airline that I can use to go on my annual fortnight's holiday with as many bags as I want at a time I want,flying from my local airport to popular destinations in every country in Europe, landing at an airport a short stroll from my hotel with allocated seating, free inflight meals and nice smiley flight attendants.
    And I don't want to pay more than I'll spend on a meal out and a few drinks on the first night of my holiday.
    Completely NOT what people are saying. You are on another planet. Or a ryanair shareholder or personal friend and relation of Mr O leary
  • LisbonLaura
    LisbonLaura Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The point is he doesn't !!!! off the majority of the 81.5 million people who make journeys with Ryanair every year.
    Most of whom are able to follow Ryanair's clear T&Cs to the letter, check-in online and print off their boarding passes and arrive on-time at the airport with the correct baggage.
    It really is THAT simple and the reason why Ryanair is such a massively successful airline is simply because their passengers understand the reason behind all those T&Cs is to drive down prices.
    It's why those !!!!!! you regualrly see arguing at the boarding gate that their bulging,oversized rucksack should be allowed as cabin baggage get no sympathy.
    I've lost count of the number of times I've flown FR and always, and I mean,ALWAYS without a problem and much cheaper than the competition.
    And have you seen Norwegian and Jet 2's route maps compared to Ryanair's ?

Yes yes Tom, I know & agree!!! - but I still want a quieter world..........please?
  • zaksmum
    Options
    Yes yes Tom, I know & agree!!! - but I still want a quieter world..........please?

Tom doesn't seem to grasp that Ryanair's customers are pi**ed off about having to fork out for this extra charge, not with the airline in general.

When you have paid your ticket price it's annoying to then realise you have to pay extra when previously this wasn't necessary. It's not as if they are even particularly cheap any more.

And before he tells me it's not compulsory - who really wants to have to find somewhere to check in online and print off a boarding pass while on holiday?

Most of us will very grudgingly pay the extra £10 or £20 per person but be far from happy about it.:(
  • MiserlyMartin
    MiserlyMartin Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's correct. Lets explain this a bit more in simple terms for some of the more mentally challenged posters on this thread. I've had to pay the £10 because I know that finding a place which will have a PC linked to a computer is going to be difficult. I'll have a car and be touring but I've never seen an internet cafe. Anywhere. Lets face it, internet cafes are not really the thing anymore since like the 90's and 00's. Most have closed. Wi-fi everywhere has made them redundant. But the likes of Costa coffee and Mc Donalds do not have A4 printers for your use.

A hotel might take pity on you and let you go around use their desk PC and printer but they are soon going to get fed up with doing that for lots of people or see a handy reason to charge extortionately for it for desperate fliers.

So :
    1. You might be lucky on holiday and find somewhere like a library with a printer. But you will have to incorporate that into your holiday and spend time going there and doing it, and frankly on holiday you should really have better things to do and worry about.

2. You will be worried that you will be able to get to the place to print. Will it have paper? Will it be open? What else could go wrong? If you don't manage to check in and print your boarding pass then Ryanair will charge you £70 at the airport. So its a big risk to take. Because of this £70 charge for a card which used to be provided at no cost to passengers, your are effectively blackmailed into reserving seats, at another cost! A boarding card or piece of paper probably costs Ryanair 5p. Yet they charge you £70.

So no, their improvements to fair charges and customer annoyances have spectacularly backfired.

Despite this, I still remain a Ryanair fan and will defend any other stick they get which is wrong or misunderstood. They are not as bad as some people make out.
  • zaksmum
    Options
    That's correct. Lets explain this a bit more in simple terms for some of the more mentally challenged posters on this thread. I've had to pay the £10 because I know that finding a place which will have a PC linked to a computer is going to be difficult. I'll have a car and be touring but I've never seen an internet cafe. Anywhere. Lets face it, internet cafes are not really the thing anymore since like the 90's and 00's. Most have closed. Wi-fi everywhere has made them redundant. But the likes of Costa coffee and Mc Donalds do not have A4 printers for your use.

A hotel might take pity on you and let you go around use their desk PC and printer but they are soon going to get fed up with doing that for lots of people or see a handy reason to charge extortionately for it for desperate fliers.

So :
    1. You might be lucky on holiday and find somewhere like a library with a printer. But you will have to incorporate that into your holiday and spend time going there and doing it, and frankly on holiday you should really have better things to do and worry about.

2. You will be worried that you will be able to get to the place to print. Will it have paper? Will it be open? What else could go wrong? If you don't manage to check in and print your boarding pass then Ryanair will charge you £70 at the airport. So its a big risk to take. Because of this £70 charge for a card which used to be provided at no cost to passengers, your are effectively blackmailed into reserving seats, at another cost! A boarding card or piece of paper probably costs Ryanair 5p. Yet they charge you £70.

So no, their improvements to fair charges and customer annoyances have spectacularly backfired.

Despite this, I still remain a Ryanair fan and will defend any other stick they get which is wrong or misunderstood. They are not as bad as some people make out.

I do think Ryanair have got it very badly wrong with this seat allocation.

It could have been handled much better without needlessly aggravating loyal clients.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure