Barclaycard World MasterCard (Ex Egg Money) Being Replaced with Amex + Visa Combo

Options

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aquamania wrote: »
    I get the impression your council are oinly too happy to waste the hard earned money of residents funding the credit card providers.

Perhaps a FOI is required to find out just how much money they waste this way, and how better that money could be spent on services to the taxpayer and/or used to reduce the council tax demanded. ;)

Council elections very soon too. :money:

Its now changed to a Labour controlled council. Need I say more!!
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    darren72 wrote: »
    For those who are getting the double cashback offer for 6 months - Does anyone know if that applies to the old Mastercard, or just the new cards ?

On a similar note, AFAIK no one has received their new cards yet. So the full 6 months will not be honoured anyway as it was from "May 14" for the first tranche (unless it applies to the old card, which we do not have positive confirmation of - see below it's slightly ambiguous for those with the double cb offer).
    Everything you spend on your current MasterCard during this time will be transferred to your new Barclaycard Cashback credit card account, which means you'll benefit from the 1% cashback rate.
  • miller
    Options
    A column has been added in the online servicing to show which card has been used for the transaction, which is then broken out in the total at the bottom.

Presumably part of the technical measure needed to calculate the different cashback to be applied.

I would guess on the basis of that, the 1% will continue on the MasterCard until it is deactivated.

Every day that passes though without the new cards, dilutes their "6 month" double cashback offer.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    miller wrote: »
    On a similar note, AFAIK no one has received their new cards yet. So the full 6 months will not be honoured anyway as it was from "May 14" for the first tranche (unless it applies to the old card, which we do not have positive confirmation of - see below it's slightly ambiguous for those with the double cb offer).

On my online account it shows an image of both credit cards on the welcome page (The Visa / Amex cards).
  • Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    miller wrote: »
    Every day that passes though without the new cards, dilutes their "6 month" double cashback offer.

My offer is worded as that they have "applied double cashback offer on your new cards for 6 months after migration".

Until my new cards arrive, I haven't been migrated.
  • miller
    Options
    Just checked and I have got that phrase in addition to the "from May" one, hopefully the more favourable one will prevail.

I'll stop moaning now :)
  • dbarcl10
    dbarcl10 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    My online account is now unavailable for an update and should be back tomorrow. The MasterCard sign has been replaced with a Visa and an Amex with new partial cards numbers showing. The account name has also changed from Barclaycard World MasterCard to Barclaycard Cashback. My statement was produced today so I assume I'm currently getting migrated over to the new cards, which I should receive within 10 days according to the original message.

Looking at my May statement there is a new cashback section with a a Request Cashback button. Hopefully I'll be able to use that tomorrow to request the £31 cashback from the last 2 months, although at present the cashback request section is showing no money available despite it says £31 cashback just above it. Hopefully will be available after the update
  • cautiousjon
    cautiousjon Posts: 101 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2014 at 12:43PM
    Options
    Word of warning to everyone: Check that Barclaycard has actually added your double cashback offer to your account.

I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with an Indian customer services rep and a UK complaints manager and found out that Barclaycard has *not* added the double cashback offer onto my account, despite being told I was given it nearly 8 weeks ago. The UK complaints manager kept me on hold for some time and eventually came back to say that he has sent a message to "another department" to get the double cashback offer added. He said that "no notes" had been added to the complaint to request that Barclaycard add the double cashback offer but I repeatedly told him that the Barclaycard complaint response was very explicit (and actually read the words back to him verbatim). I have been told that I will hear back from Barclaycard within "48 working hours" (which is over a week, unless he meant 2 working days). If I don't hear a speedy and satisfactory response in the next few days, I'll be making another complaint.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Remember its only on the new cards which haven't been sent out yet.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • cautiousjon
    cautiousjon Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    My cards have been sent out, and the complaints manager said that the system would have showed the offer if it had already been applied on my new cards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure