Barclaycard World MasterCard (Ex Egg Money) Being Replaced with Amex + Visa Combo

Options

Comments

• miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pwllbwdr wrote: »
    Plus, what happens to the cashback if we use the old card this month. Do we get 0.5%, 1% or what? I've asked online.

This is from an email received the other day:
    Once you receive your new cards, please destroy your old card by cutting it into quarters, ensuring you cut through the chip. Your current card will be deactivated 30 days after your May 2014 statement. Everything you spend on your current MasterCard during this time will be transferred to your new Barclaycard Cashback credit card account, which means you'll benefit from the 1% cashback rate.

My interpretation of that is spend on the old card (in the transitional period between the last statement and deactiviation) is treated as spend on the Amex card. Which then raises further questions:

1) Does that mean it will earn 2% for those with the double cashback offer?
    2) Will that spend count towards the £300 for the £15 credit?

I could be wrong on all that of course as it is not 100% clear.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mrpointy wrote: »
    I've just been back on the phone to Barclaycard and they state that no other customers have been offered £50.

I imagine the chance of getting that in writing would be nil.
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    I've just been back on the phone to Barclaycard and they state that no other customers have been offered £50.

Basically the woman said that anyone can write that on a forum, but it doesn't mean that's what they've done.

"I could write Barclaycard gave me £150, but it doesn't mean they did" she said.

She categorically stated that I would not be offered any more money and no one else has been either!

Apparently you are all making it up!!!!

An utter bunch of crooks!!
    Ask to escalate to a manager and ask him why they are lying to you. This is whats on my statement.......

Cr Goodwill CS CR50.00

Retailer name: Cr Goodwill Cs
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • mrpointy
    mrpointy Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 29 April 2014 at 2:26PM
    Options
    miller wrote: »
    I imagine the chance of getting that in writing would be nil.

Yes, she just went silent at one point.......until I said "So, that's it then is it?"

I did suggest that I would rather believe the people on this forum than Barclays Bank PLC, but it was pointless going on any more........she just kept saying that no-one else has been given £50 and they wouldn't offer me any more money, just because I ask for it!

I should've asked for a reply by secure message, but they only ever seem to want to discuss this over the phone!! :mad:

Sent another secure message asking them to confirm in writing that they haven't given anyone £50, but then going to close the account. Had enough of these liars!
  • cautiousjon
    cautiousjon Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Sent another secure message asking them to confirm in writing that they haven't given anyone £50, but then going to close the account. Had enough of these liars!
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Ask to escalate to a manager and ask him why they are lying to you. This is whats on my statement.......

Cr Goodwill CS CR50.00

Retailer name: Cr Goodwill Cs

Call back and if you don't get any response, speak to the customer services rep's manager. I have got exactly the same line on my statement.

I could even provide a(n edited) screenshot of my statement if you think that it will help.

Jon
  • mrpointy
    mrpointy Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I could even provide a(n edited) screenshot of my statement if you think that it will help.

Wow, that would be great and it would certainly prove what she told me was wrong!

I'm considering the financial ombudsman, as the bonus cashback was going to be worth more than £200 to me and I also don't appreciate being lied to!

Cheers
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've now 'bagged £75 goodwill for myself plus £50 for the misses.
    Like taking candy from a baby. :beer:
    Scrounger
  • cautiousjon
    cautiousjon Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, that would be great and it would certainly prove what she told me was wrong!

I have sent you a PM with info. I hope that helps.
  • kbw27111986
    Options
    Email CEO valerie.soranno-keating@barclays.com - the Executive team will respond and they are very good.
  • Bestselling_Author
    Options
    I rang today to close the account and got put through to "retentions". I'm not looking to stay, I just want to close the account. However, I felt patronised when "retentions" suggested that I was making a snap decision as I'd only received my letter two days ago and this was a big change. So there we have it. I'm obviously getting old (well, I am in my 40s) because I can't deal with change!

I used to work in a customer services role and was always told to be polite and courteous to all customers including those who were leaving because one day they might come back. I don't think Barclaycard want me back. (then again, I probably couldn't cope with the change!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure