Barclaycard World MasterCard (Ex Egg Money) Being Replaced with Amex + Visa Combo

Options

Comments

• Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    johnk wrote: »
    It's May now: anyone knows when these new cards are rolling out?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=65378151&postcount=22 ;)
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    johnk wrote: »
    It's May now: anyone knows when these new cards are rolling out?

July 14 according to my letter.
  • joncombe
    joncombe Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Well I can easily use up £300. I pay my council tax each month via the cashback card

I used to do that, but then my council introduced charges for paying by credit card :(
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joncombe wrote: »
    I used to do that, but then my council introduced charges for paying by credit card :(

I get the impression with our City council they are only too happy to receive the council tax payments.
  • OverlandLandy
    OverlandLandy Posts: 476 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2014 at 11:07PM
    Options
    RECEIVED TODAY VIA E MAIL from BARCLAYS....
    Your MasterCard World account has some added insurance benefits. However, when
    you move to the new Barclaycard Cashback credit card account,
    the insurance benefits provided with your old account will be withdrawn.

Any purchases you make on your MasterCard World before you move are fully
    covered with regards to purchase cover, price promise and extended
    warranty.

For missed event cover and travel accident insurance,
    qualifying transactions will continue to be covered until the end of 2014.
    Please remember to make alternative arrangements to ensure you are fully
    covered.
    I am NOT a Woman! - its Overland Landy (as in A Landrover that travels Overland):rolleyes:

Better to be approximately right than precisely wrong.
  • Deru
    Deru Posts: 621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I complained that I was being treated differently after finding out friends got £50 (I was offered and accepted £20 + double CB at the time) and they credited me another £30 so total £50. They hadn't told me they'd done it but got the extra goodwill payment 5 days ago. Complained on 7th April so took them a few weeks.
  • scolio
    scolio Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Sent a nice secure message yesterday expressing my disappointment about the changes to my cashback credit card and received a reply back today offering double cashback for 6 months and a £50 credit to my account - result!
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    edited 6 May 2014 at 11:01AM
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    I get the impression with our City council they are only too happy to receive the council tax payments.

I get the impression your council are oinly too happy to waste the hard earned money of residents funding the credit card providers.

Perhaps a FOI is required to find out just how much money they waste this way, and how better that money could be spent on services to the taxpayer and/or used to reduce the council tax demanded. ;)

Council elections very soon too. :money:
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    For those who are getting the double cashback offer for 6 months - Does anyone know if that applies to the old Mastercard, or just the new cards ?
  • katiedan2
    Options
    Hi i need help i have a lowell financial chasing me for a debt. It was for bank charges.now they getting a ccj against me not filled out blue court form as i dont know what to put. I asked for a copy of my cca and i recieeved a statement it was 698.05dr but on28 april 08 that ammount was paid in my account to make balance zero (0.00) then was closed but then they say my account defaulted on 8th may 08?? How can a account with zero balance and be closed default? How could they purchase this debt on 13 june 2013??? Am i right in denying the balance due to it being zer??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure