Barclaycard World MasterCard (Ex Egg Money) Being Replaced with Amex + Visa Combo

Options

Comments

• Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    urrrrrrrr that's what this threads all about. And if you had read it before posting, you've missed out on 50 quid.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • APM74
    APM74 Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2014 at 10:21PM
    Options
    Interestingly had another posted response arrive today. Summary as below:
    • Unable/unwilling to uphold complaint
    • Won't stop cards being issued even though I've requested them not to issue them
    • Won't automatically close my account when I have requested it
    • State that offers and levels of compensation differ between customers, but did not go into details of how it is decided (and won't offer any additional compensation above the £30 I have personally already been offered).
    • Elude to the fact they are changing ALL cashback cards (so if you are on any Barclaycard cashback card and haven't been notified your deal is changing you likely will at some point in the near future). They don't confirm however that their association with mastercard has/is ending, and they skirt around the fact that they can no longer afford to provide the previous/current benefits.
    • State they want to 'simplify' the accounts and make them more straightforward
    • Acknowledge that rates may not be as high for all customers as their previous cards.

If I had an interest in being able to keep the account or my relationship with Barclaycard anymore, I think there's probably merit in having a go with the Ombudsman on this and see where it heads. If, like someone's eluded to earlier in this thread that the downgrade of the account is against their own T&Cs then the result could be interesting.
  • DCurrer
    DCurrer Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 April 2014 at 12:36PM
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    urrrrrrrr that's what this threads all about. And if you had read it before posting, you've missed out on 50 quid.
    I see. Oh, well - my cashback last year was £100, so double cashback for even six months should give me a pretty good payback next year anyway. Meanwhile, I've messaged them complaining that I wasn't offered the £50 as well, and have just had a call confirming they'll pay me the £50 as well! Many thanks for the info.
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    I complained by secure message. They have offered £50 plus double cashback for 6 months, which I have accepted.

How long before the £50 is credited?
  • tipsychick
    tipsychick Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    david78 wrote: »

Overnight for me but it wasn't a weekend/bank holiday though.
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm a bit late with this one: (ex-egg money - no notification letter received); managed to negotiate £75 compensation yesterday by secure message (£50 goodwill + £25 in lieu of the double cashback offer).

Plus £15 cashback for the first £300 spend (now have it in writing).
    david78 wrote: »
    They said it will show in the account by next Wednesday :beer:
    Scrounger
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just don't go buying any rugs under the new arrangement :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ksngBjmWA
  • tiredofpoorservice
    Options
    Finally received a response by letter today.

£50 compensation. Plus £15 for lack of £300 offer. No double cashback which they claim is impossible. It all seems so random. £65 already credited to the account.

TOPS
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

No double cashback which they claim is impossible.
    That's what they told me; easily worth another £25-£50 claim? :beer:
    Scrounger
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    'Not available on my (ex-Egg) card', they said.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure