Barclaycard World MasterCard (Ex Egg Money) Being Replaced with Amex + Visa Combo

Options

Comments

• unsaltedrhino
    Options
    World Mastercard customer here and just been offered this after complaining.
    I can also include double cashback on both the new cards for 6 months from migration. This means for the first 6 months, you'll earn 2% cashback on your AMEX card, and 1% cashback on your Visa card and further I can offer £30.00 as a gesture of good will.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions on here, double Cashback and £50 goodwill payment:). I was offered £25 but rejected it saying that so understood friends had been offered £50 - offer increased ;).

My card is Barclaycard World Mastercard, ex Egg Money.

Many thanks

Anon
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    great news, Anon
  • Deru
    Deru Posts: 621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just messaged a new complaint to ask why I'm being treated differently (I was offered £20 and double CB for 6 months)
  • DStu
    DStu Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you people! I hadn't even considered complaining till I read this.

Sent an online message last night, received a followup call today, and they offered the £15 after £300 spend and double CB for 6 months.
    I had to ask about compensation, then was offered £25. But I held out for the £50.
    If you don't ask you don't get
  • charlieboycat
    Options
    World Mastercard (ex Egg Money) holder paying zero interest and earning £180/£190 pa cashback. My thanks too. I hadn't considered making a formal complaint until reading this thread yesterday. Sent off a secure message yesterday afternoon - reply received this morning offering £50 plus double cashback for 6 months in addition to the £15 that was offered in my original letter.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And still no sign of a letter advising me of the impending changes.
    Never mind got my £50.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    And still no sign of a letter advising me of the impending changes.
    Never mind got my £50.
    That's interesting, Mable, nor have I.

What did you say, "I've heard my card is to be withdrawn and replaced by something unacceptable and I object to it"?
  • tiredofpoorservice
    Options
    ...has been awful from beginning to end.

My wife has a high 5 card from scratch. We had problems with it right from the start and have been awarded literally hundreds of pounds of compensation from their internal complaints procedures. Their customer services are really poor.

We received our letter at about the same time as this thread started. No £15 bonus cashback offer. We sent off a secure message a few weeks ago. Since then we have received nothing but a bland acknowledgement that the complaint was being taken seriously and dealt with. We have sent further messages, at least one a week, to follow up but we have heard literally nothing in spite of the 24 hour response promise. I simply can't understand this - it must be a well known issue for all of their customer services people by now. And they must know that promising a response in 24 hours and repeatedly not meeting that promise will only antagonise customers further.

I think that Barclaycard have probably bitten off more than they can chew here.

TOPS
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 April 2014 at 9:31AM
    Options
    We have sent further messages, at least one a week, to follow up but we have heard literally nothing in spite of the 24 hour response promise.

I would guess they have had quite a deluge of complaints given the number of people reporting on this thread so it may just be tardiness rather than trying to hope you give up.

My advice would be to stop chasing and diarise the date 8 weeks from your original complaint when you can consider going to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure