Barclaycard World MasterCard (Ex Egg Money) Being Replaced with Amex + Visa Combo

Options

Comments

• ic
    ic Posts: 3,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Looks like the amazon card has been withdrawn now... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html

Still had no letters about either my world card or high 5 card.
  • PaulW922
    PaulW922 Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    miller wrote: »
    I would guess they have had quite a deluge of complaints given the number of people reporting on this thread so it may just be tardiness rather than trying to hope you give up.

My advise would be to stop chasing and diarise the date 8 weeks from your original complaint when you can consider going to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

I don't think this is a case for the FOS is it? Barclays can change the T&C for their cards. If they were changing the repayment terms too, and you were carrying a debt, that would be different, but this is just cash back and insurances..

I'm afraid you will ultimately need to vote with your feet..
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i think that is right.
    they are going to have to deal with all these unhappy customers though:)
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    PaulW922 wrote: »
    I don't think this is a case for the FOS is it? Barclays can change the T&C for their cards. If they were changing the repayment terms too, and you were carrying a debt, that would be different, but this is just cash back and insurances..

I'm afraid you will ultimately need to vote with your feet..

I agree with that, but Barclaycard do need to reply to their complaints otherwise the mention of their involvement can yield results.

I think the general public are getting a bit tired of companies doing things like this. e.g. EE's price rise. It may be in the T&C's, but it's not how to treat customers IMO.
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    I forgot its okay for consumers to screw companies over but not companies to make sure they can survive.

Maybe This card has become unsustainable for barclaycard hense the new product.

Look at ovivo. All the MSE free loaders now its gone.
  • planteria
    Options
    SimonSays wrote: »
    Maybe This card has become unsustainable for barclaycard hense the new product.

you are right SS, that is exactly what it is. we can still be disappointed to have it withdrawn though, and when some customers are offered more compensation than i am, when ive been a good customer for a long time, i don't mind asking them to look after me better:)
  • APM74
    APM74 Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2014 at 3:48PM
    Options
    After getting nowhere I'd consider acceptable with my complaint, I've been accepted and received my First Direct Gold card now. No cashback admittedly, but a lot less hassle than the guessing game of when they'll actually end the billing period each month.

I've sent Barclaycard another message to state I want my account to be closed, and highlighted the complete lack of any benefit to ex-egg customers, and their inconsistent approach to dealing with complaints.

I've got to say I really won't miss them. I think if they'd been honest about the package becoming unsustainable and or ending their association with Mastercard, customers (some anyway) may have been more open/sympathetic.

I will be keeping my eye on this though over the coming year:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/digital-bank-create-up-300-6944486

Could certainly be interesting.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Will I ever receive my letter advising of the impending changes?
  • planteria
    Options
    i wouldn't worry. perhaps put on record by calling them that you have not received any communication...and then assume 'no change'.
  • Well that's ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport