🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Trials & Tribulations of Trying to Conceive when its just not happening (12m+)

Options

Comments

• vesper
    vesper Posts: 941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Floaty where I live there aren't many options for weight loss groups, there's only really one in my village but that isn't an option.
    I exercise and am not unfit, and eat very healthily as to be honest the majority of processed foods make me ill. But I just can't lose a pound of weight, I have been trying extra hard since last December and although I've lost some its not enough to make a difference.
    TTC is actually quite good at aiding the weight loss, as it gives me the incentive I need. Cake, or lose weight to help etc (actually bad example as I don't actually like cake).
    Remember never judge someone that makes a mistake, because in six months time it may be you that makes the next mistake.
  • mrsvicx
    mrsvicx Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    It's interesting to see those of you ladies who are unexplained that have been given Clomid. At my last (and final) appointment with my consultant, I asked whether we could try it and he said that it wouldn't help and refused.
    I was gutted!!
    Where abouts do you ladies live, it would be interesting to see whether it's a local thing or not.... ?
    10/10 [STRIKE]£12,156.26 [/STRIKE] 11/10 [STRIKE]£11,950[/STRIKE] 04/11[STRIKE] £12,500 [/STRIKE]Ooops! Okay, back on track - 01/2014 £2,800, 05/2014 £4,500 (my car died!)

My little angel (due date 25/12/2014) :A 05/2014
  • picklekin
    picklekin Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in Berkshire, you don't want to be here though with their "Only one go of IVF and only if you are 30-35" rule. Gits.

How can you NOT like cake Vesper *shudders* I'm not over weight (am the top of my normal BMI) but have been trying to lose weight for ages, but I just can't seem to manage, there is always a reason to give in, or I've "earned it" by putting up with the wicked witch of the accounting dept.
  • mrsvicx
    Options
    Really picklekin? That's a very strict criteria! I'm in Cambridgeshire and saw a consultant who is supposed to be extremely highly regarded (Mr Prentice?) but I'm not sure about the IVF criteria here, I just know that I don't qualify because of DS...

I can understand how they can't afford to treat everyone, I really can, but then you see stories of people getting boob jobs for cosmetic reasons on the NHS and I just feel so sad. I don't even get cross anymore, because, well it won't help will it?

Sorry, I'm a bit negative today, I've woken up with cramps and I was convinced (again) that maybe we had cracked it this month. I hadn't admitted it to DH, but AF is two weeks late and I was just starting to get hopeful.... :(. I've been late before, so it's not unusual, but it's not common either.... I think part of me knew I wasn't, but you can't help hoping can you?

Sorry, I'll be back to my normal cheerful self later (I don't always moan, I promise!)

I hope all of you lovely ladies are having a better start to your day than I am.... :)
    10/10 [STRIKE]£12,156.26 [/STRIKE] 11/10 [STRIKE]£11,950[/STRIKE] 04/11[STRIKE] £12,500 [/STRIKE]Ooops! Okay, back on track - 01/2014 £2,800, 05/2014 £4,500 (my car died!)

• picklekin
    Options
    Two weeks late and you haven't tested? I think I'd have been more than hopeful at that point!! *big hugs*
  • gettingthereslowly
    Options
    Morning all, just had the phone call. ET is sat morning, was all ready for today. They cant decide between them which to use so leaving two days longer to see if one devrlops more. Little question, to anyone who has been thru this stage before what did you do afterwards? Been invited out twice over the bank hol weekend. DH thinks it will be ok as long as I relax and sit most of night but im really nervous and would have to have my excuses for not drinking (nobody knows about ttc etc)

Frozen - hope EC went well yest and you are ok.

hugs to anyone that needs them xx
  • picklekin
    Options
    I can't offer advice on the ET side of things as I'm not there yet, but for the party - say you've had a gum infection and are taking some Metronidazole, this is one of the few antibiotics you really CAN'T drink on. Its commonly prescribed so wont make alarm bells ring!

I've given in and told lots of people about my IVF, for me its easier.
  • mrsvicx
    Options
    Picklekin, I have taken so many negative tests in the last four years, that I dont think I can stand one more.... I would have to be a good 3-4 weeks late and feeling as though I was pregnant before I actually had the heart to do one. (Thats not to say that I dont think about doing one almost constantly!) Ive been over three weeks late before (although its not usual), and took so many negative tests during those three weeks that I thought my heart would break (I know I can be over dramatic at times!):o

Hi gettingthere, I dont have any useful experience based advice I am afraid, just wanted to say good luck for your ET. If I was you, I think I would duck out of whatever invites you have been given. I guess it would depend on what they were, if they are going out for dinner, then you could take it easy and be the "driver" (if you drive, of course!) But I think if they were "stand at the bar" or "get up and dance" type events, then I think I would be tempted to give them a miss....

• Derby2
    Derby2 Posts: 292 Forumite
    Options
    de-lurking:

Hope you don't mind me dropping back. Gettingthereslowly, I was at a wedding the night before ET, went for ET Sunday morning, and then met everyone for lunch afterwards! I found it a great distraction and it was funny sitting there knowing that no-one else knew what we'd been doing that morning! I drank gin-free G&T's and perhaps didn't dance as madly as I normally would have (that could also have been the lack of gin), but it felt the right choice for me.

Good luck!
  • time2deal
    time2deal Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, just had the phone call. ET is sat morning, was all ready for today. They cant decide between them which to use so leaving two days longer to see if one devrlops more. Little question, to anyone who has been thru this stage before what did you do afterwards? Been invited out twice over the bank hol weekend. DH thinks it will be ok as long as I relax and sit most of night but im really nervous and would have to have my excuses for not drinking (nobody knows about ttc etc)

Frozen - hope EC went well yest and you are ok.

hugs to anyone that needs them xx

Just delurking to say I wouldn't go to any events if you can get away with it. It's not just the drinking, its more the fact that I found I had NOTHING to talk about. The only issue in my mind like a flashing neon light was IVF - IVF - IVF. Everything people said make me think of some random TTC or IVF related thing, and since I couldn't say it, I couldn't think of anything else to say. Hence the events were long and tedious.

By the way - for the drinking I go with holding a single glass of wine and pretending to drink it - you just tip it to your lips and don't take any in. No-one notices, and after a while put it down and accidentally forget about it. Then move onto softdrinks. Since people have seen you have a drink, they don't think twice about it.

Yay for going to Day 5 though! :T Fingers crossed for a lovely blast, just begging to implant as soon as it arrives.

ETA - funny to get the opposite advice from Derby!!

mrxvicx - I know you don't 'know' me, but I totally understand the fear of testing. It's the hope that gets you... I went 2 weeks late one (and I was never late) before testing. Still a BFN, but a more painful BFN even than normal. hugs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure