Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Grumpity grumpy grumpy grump!

Drove down to the post office with a list of chores - would have cost me £14 to send directly to DVLA and ended up being £21.50 for the post office to do it :eek: I knew it was an extra £4.50 so not entirely sure where the rest came from.

Hey ho, it's done now, and at least I know they won't reject photo etc - should be with me in a week :j

Also while I was out...
    * posted card to friend
    * paid cheque into bank
    * bought climbing rose and other couple of bushes for new low maintenance garden :D
    * bought variety of other toiletries and household items (possibly not *all* strictly necessary... :o )
    * bought a book about the history of the WI in a charity shop, and then sat and read it in a cafe :j (er, with a piece of salted caramel ginger cake :o oh dear :o ) :rotfl:
    * tried to buy fabric for the attic window but they didn't have what I wanted
    * bought some daffs to cheer me up :)
    * bought some milk - and then left it on the bloody counter :eek: Had to send Mr Cheery out for some more :o :rotfl:

Not feeling a huge success today!! :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :grouphug:We crossposted :kisses3:

Daffs (:j I see what you did there!) and roses and bushes all sound good. Take care of yourself!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Thanks KC :kisses3:

Stroopwafel (I spelled it wrong) Not my favourite ever cake/biscuity thing, but they do have a lot of charm :D

We have tea now :j And have cheered ourselves up finding a few new houses :D :j

Off to try and do *something* else with the bathroom - perhaps a little tidying up of the grouting in the shower... Bought some more paint to paint the new tiles when the grouting and sealant is dry, then that's the shower/bath done! :j :j

(not had a shower now for over a week so I'm quite glad :eek: :rotfl: ) Baths are all very well but not for a quick wash!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    You're very welcome :):):)

I know those! Infinity Foods on the south coast sell them - and very gorgeous they are too :) I won't be cooking any tho - twink's hobnobs on here are enough for me!

Must cook some tea, actually :o and stop faffing on the interweb for a bit ...
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    I know the feeling :o :rotfl:

We've just got round to ordering a takeaway :o So much for getting dressed up and going out! Actually, had to order two takeaways as we did it online and the first restaurant rejected our order. They've done that the last few times - maybe I should offer to do deliveries for them for a bit of extra dosh?? :money: :rotfl:

Mr Cheery investigating houses and I'm scraping the paint (and some more of the plaster...) off the bathroom wall...

Made an interesting discovery - textured paint is water soluble! Which means it comes off much more easily if you spray it with water first :j Which also means it'll come off even MORE easily with a wallpaper steamer :j :j Asked a few folks if they've got one but if not I'll be at Wickes when they open at 10am tomorrow and hopefully have the whole bathroom stripped back to plaster (or brick, knowing my luck) by tomorrow night :j :j

At least then we'll know where we stand! :j
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Oh thats interesting! I used a wallpaper steamer in my last house (5 layers of wallpaper!!!) and you do need to be a bit careful how long you leave it in any one place - so if the plaster is a bit funny, as it sounds like yours is, you might be in for a complete replaster. At least you can say thats what it is in the house specs, when/if you do put it up for sale (trying to find the silver lining here, sorry!) :)

I hope there's some fun stuff involved today :)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    My mum just pointed out the same thing KC! :eek: Mind you - might be easier to completely replaster the bathroom from scratch rather than the bodge job that needs doing at the minute...

Friend has got a steamer :j so we won't need to buy one :money: Looks like we can't pick it up today though - although I'm not exactly short of other jobs to do :rotfl:

Might spend the day in the garden lopping and digging up my pain-in-the-backside willow hedge...

Just put on some bread (in the machine - I can just about manage that :rotfl: ) and some stew in the slow cooker for later :j

And had a nice chat with my mum, who laughed and laughed at the fact that I'd written 'Happy Birthday (except it's not your birthday)' in her mothers day card after I got a bit distracted :o :rotfl: :rotfl: Fortunately she saw the funny side :D She's coming to visit next weekend so I'll probably make her do a trip to the tip with all the gardening stuff :j

Right, best crack on!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    My mum just pointed out the same thing KC! :eek:
    Sorry about that!
    Friend has got a steamer :j so we won't need to buy one :money: Looks like we can't pick it up today though - although I'm not exactly short of other jobs to do :rotfl:
    Good news and bad, hey :rotfl:
    Just put on some bread (in the machine - I can just about manage that :rotfl: ) and some stew in the slow cooker for later :j
    :j:j:j
    And had a nice chat with my mum, who laughed and laughed at the fact that I'd written 'Happy Birthday (except it's not your birthday)' in her mothers day card after I got a bit distracted :o :rotfl: :rotfl: Fortunately she saw the funny side :D She's coming to visit next weekend so I'll probably make her do a trip to the tip with all the gardening stuff :j
    Awww! Thats nice! :beer:

Right, best crack on![/QUOTE]
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Phew!

Just spent an hour attacking the giant mock orange in the garden :eek: It's on the edge of the garden and Mr Cheery likes it that it makes a kind of 'corner' feature, but it's got completely out of hand and was roughly 12 foot high :eek:

I was VERY tempted to just lop the entire lot down to the ground... :rotfl: but fortunately I did a bit of lopping last year, so there are some shorter bits which *should* flower this year :j So I very carefully sawed out the long straggly bits and pulled them out - what a faff!!

Still, I planted a morning glory in the corner years ago which has about 1 flower on a year - it's now growing all up through the mock orange (making the lopping even more awkward!) However, I'm hoping that now it's got a bit more light and air it might flower more :j :j

There's a rose rambling through it too - not sure I've ever seen flowers on that either! Fingers crossed...

Garden now full of loppings - but my mum can help shift the next week :D

Already attached the giant lilac this year, but I'm tempted to do some more lopping - same thing with it being all tangled through itself :o

Not even started on the willow hedge! :eek:

And I'm cursing myself - I started my bread at just gone 10am this morning and it *should* be ready now = except I didn't attach the paddle properly so the entire first hour was wasted and I had to start again, so it now won't be ready for another 53 minutes :mad: SO much want my lunch now! :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Well lunch was very tasty when it arrived :j :j :j

But I should probably confess to munching several unnecessary sweet things :o:o Sorry RT, I'm not doing a very good challenge here! :eek:

Lunch all packed for tomorrow though :j

Picking up some cheery things in Fultons at the minute :j Little square individual packs of boursin black pepper cheese, 6 for 40p and they're gorgeous :j Taking a couple to work tomorrow to go with my home made bread and stew (which actually turned into curry cos it didn't taste of much... :o :rotfl: ). Today picked up 3 packets of some kind of lentil bake mix - wouldn't usually bother but they were 40p a pack too and it's nice to have something like that in :j

Just been sorting YNAB stuff - spent an absolute fortune the last few days :eek: :eek: Mostly house related stuff, DIY and food and garden, but even so :eek:

Not much spending room for the rest of the month now - not unless I want to raid the holiday fund or car tax stash or something :eek: Darn YNAB for making me steal it from specific places (far harder than just generally stealing from a general savings account!) :rotfl:

At work tomorrow, and starting to panic *slightly* about what's got to be done in the next four weeks :eek: One thing at a time... and I'm certainly not going to worry about it now! :j

Just done the Flylady crisis cleaning podcast :rotfl: Love that thing :D She holds your hand as you spend 15 mins in kitchen, 15 in living room, 15 in bathroom - whole place actually looks presentable now and like a house again :D Had a bath to celebrate :j

Just downloaded my first kindle ebook thing - don't actually have a kindle mind you so I'll have to read it on the laptop - hardly ideal but never mind!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure