Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,730 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oh, and I made one of these:

http://www.agirlandagluegun.com/2010/05/levi-apron.html

:D I do love an apron, and I don't have one at the minute so I made one :j Not sewed anything for ages, so it was really nice :) Thought I had an old pair of ripped jeans but couldn't find them so used a pair of old red checked flannel PJs instead :D

Apron is gorgeously soft and cheery and makes me feel like I'm working but also kind of wearing PJs too :rotfl: Still haven't taken it off... :rotfl:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ...But I should probably confess to munching several unnecessary sweet things...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Well since we are confessing...
    ...2 pieces of shamrock shortbread made their way into my mouth just before lunch...
    ...couldn't help but chew and swallow...
    (KC - feel free to be less forgiving than you were last time!:D)

...on a more positive note, breakfasts on the run & healthy snacks are packed for the week as temporary office space does not have a kitchen - no fridge or microwaves - my desk and storage space is less then half of what they were so the snack stashes are now at home...
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh, and I made one of these:

http://www.agirlandagluegun.com/2010/05/levi-apron.html

:D I do love an apron, and I don't have one at the minute so I made one :j Not sewed anything for ages, so it was really nice :) Thought I had an old pair of ripped jeans but couldn't find them so used a pair of old red checked flannel PJs instead :D

Apron is gorgeously soft and cheery and makes me feel like I'm working but also kind of wearing PJs too :rotfl: Still haven't taken it off... :rotfl:
    Thats brilliant :j and I love that you made it out of PJs!
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Well since we are confessing...
    ...2 pieces of shamrock shortbread made their way into my mouth just before lunch...
    ...couldn't help but chew and swallow...
    (KC - feel free to be less forgiving than you were last time!:D)
    Well, its an "oops", but I'm fascinated by the concept of shamrock shortbread (details please!) and I just do the support thing, really :) you'll do what you do, and I know what its like to feel addicted to sugar - no one talks about it, but its true - but do feel free to imagine me saying anything you like about shame, you're letting us all down, all of that - it isn't really me, so you can let rip :eek:
    ...on a more positive note, breakfasts on the run & healthy snacks are packed for the week as temporary office space does not have a kitchen - no fridge or microwaves - my desk and storage space is less then half of what they were so the snack stashes are now at home...
    Now this is where the Real Me can come back in :T thats tres impressive! However, since it is *England*, there must be a kettle for you to make hot drinks (well, tea) - you have my full permission (and encouragement) to resign from your job if you can't make tea :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Gosh yes - a job with no kettle?! :eek: I'm fortunate that my current job has full free tea and coffee supplies (I'm now in charge of making sure we've got enough which I get a bit worried about but suspect I'll never let us run out) :D

Well if we're being specific - I bought and ate an entire 200g bar of chocolate yesterday, and then 2 syrup sponge puddings and an entire tin of custard :o:o In my defence (it's not much of a defence!) Mr Cheery was away and I'm a bit of a scardey cat in the house on my own :o

Today I accidentally may have had a couple of biscuits at coffee time (feel rough as an old boot today) but that's IT. :o

Lovely home made spinach and green lentil curry for lunch (done in slow cooker) and home made bread and boursin stuff :j :j Just lovely, felt like a proper lunch, and I ate it in the kitchen with someone else too, not sat at my desk :j

Work work work again now though...
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Gosh yes - a job with no kettle?! :eek: I'm fortunate that my current job has full free tea and coffee supplies (I'm now in charge of making sure we've got enough which I get a bit worried about but suspect I'll never let us run out) :D
    Me neither :D
    Well if we're being specific - I bought and ate an entire 200g bar of chocolate yesterday, and then 2 syrup sponge puddings and an entire tin of custard :o:o In my defence (it's not much of a defence!) Mr Cheery was away and I'm a bit of a scardey cat in the house on my own :o
    Awww :kisses3: to feeling scaredy-cat! In *my* defence, I would *love* to eat that level of sugar, but like a recovering alcoholic, it tastes awful, even though my eyes are devouring it
    Today I accidentally may have had a couple of biscuits at coffee time (feel rough as an old boot today) but that's IT. :o

Lovely home made spinach and green lentil curry for lunch (done in slow cooker) and home made bread and boursin stuff :j :j Just lovely, felt like a proper lunch, and I ate it in the kitchen with someone else too, not sat at my desk :j
    Oh my :A that sounds excellent :j
    Work work work again now though...
    Workity workity work ... erm, I'm reading MrMoneyMustache (yet again) and I've just put the slow cooker on, even remembering to boil the red kidney beans first. Don't work too hard :o
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Fat chance of that - I'm exhausted today and SO tempted to just put my head on the desk for 10 minutes, but I fear I'd wake up tomorrow morning if I did that! :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This is when I start munching chocolate in a bid to keep me awake... which is possibly part of my problem from yesterday... (although the lack of sleep will have done it too!)
  • rtandon27
    Options
    :jMade it through the day sugarfree!:j

Kept fueled with high-fibre & high-protein food today which really helped! Let's see how the rest of the week goes - I'm hoping the preplanned healthy snack packs will do the trick!
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    ooooh Rt, well done you!!! :j :j Sadly I didn't :o But I am all spurred on to follow your good example tomorrow!

I was going to say weetabix and banana for breakfast until I remembered I had the last of the weetabix this morning... :rotfl: Still got some bread though so might toast that with marmite, or have porridge with the banana (assuming mr cheery doesn't eat it while i'm in bed!)

Lunch is exactly the same as today's lunch, plus i've got a couple of yogurts and satsumas too. Also remembered i've got a bag of almonds in desk drawer - i'll have a few of those before coffee time and make herbal rather than normal tea - less appealing to dunk biscuits in!! :rotfl:

Mr Cheery came home :j :j Which is good because i was dangerously close to feeling sorry for myself, i was so blithering tired and my teeth hurt and work is SO draining at the minute :( Not talking much about it here and i'm fortunate there's no travel (other than normal trip to work which is bad enough) but it's rather mentally taxing right now for a variety of reasons.

Neighbours are behaving :j although we're both still a bit on edge waiting for them not to :o Can still hear them going up and down stairs and banging the back door occasionally but that's it really (fingers crossed!) But I catch myself listening for it because I know Mr Cheery is listening for it :o Surprising how much of a relief it was when he wasn't here yesterday (only for that reason!!)

Anyway, buttling on. Mostly buttling in a sleepwards direction now :D
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hope you slept well! And I know what you mean, about listening for the neighbour noise ... mine was great last night, even tho I went to bed really early (for me!).

Being tired and achey and teeth hurting :( and work stress :( :grouphug: many dodgy hugs for you.
  • rtandon27
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...but I'm fascinated by the concept of shamrock shortbread (details please!)...

Shamrock shortbread linky...

(oops - linkies do not seem to be functional today http://gracesirishfoods.com/product/graces-hex-irish-shortbread/)
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...However, since it is *England*, there must be a kettle for you to make hot drinks (well, tea) - you have my full permission (and encouragement) to resign from your job if you can't make tea :D...

Well yesterday without proper coffee or tea was just uncivilized! So I took matters into my own hands and hi-jacked the lovely IT guy to install a safe extension cord - we now have a functional kettle and coffee machine! - oh and took over with the bossman's blessing as he was having withdrawal without his morning caffeine injection! Also told our (British) property guys that they had their priorities all wrong and should not have been focussing on unpacking but rather on a refreshment station!

Now just have to bring in a water bottle to make some lemon/lime water to sip during the day... This mobile office thing is a hard adjustment!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport