Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on - Page 366

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
3.7K replies 212.9K views
1360361362363364366»

Replies

• Cheery_DaffCheery_Daff Forumite
    10.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we had a lovely lunch with our cheery pals :j And they brought all kinds of goodies with them too, most jolly :D

Also did a day's work, which came as a bit of a shock to the system after a week off, in which my life has been turned upside down :D (in a good way)

Today I am waiting for the tyres people to arrive (for the third time) - I asked for the first appointment 'first thing in the morning' and they said the first one they had was 8.45. Just had a call (at 8.45) saying the bloke was 1 hr 15 minutes away... I suppose I did originally pay for a 2 hour window, so as long as they're here by 10.45 they're within that... I'll eat my hat if he's here by 10am though! :rotfl:

Tried to reconcile YNAB, and got all confused :o:o:o I think when I put the cleared starting amount into my new budget the other day, there were still some things to go out, and I got all confused :o So I've started again from now (there's nothing to go out now that hasn't already gone out) so hopefully it'll all be clear now :o

Nowt else to report I don't think. First trip back to the big city for a work meeting this afternoon :D
    10.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just popping in to report a bit more admin

* received new driving licences in the post so cut old ones up and posted back (along with V5 to change address for old car)
    * Paid £4.72 which we apparently owe to the lpg people who topped us up a tiny bit too much
    * paid £500 to the solicitor, who seemingly got his completion statement calculations wrong :mad: Hopefully that's the end of it!

Been out for a cheery breakfast with Mr Cheery to one of our local cafes - we now have a loyalty card and they stamped us for last time too cos we'd forgotten :D Only 3 more drinks and we get a free one! :money: They do PANCAKES for breakfast which I am most excited about :D

Friends came over for lunch, so while we were waiting Mr Cheery did a bit of sorting in the garage, and I did some surveying of the land (er, wandering about looking at the scenery ;) ) and starting filling in a couple of potholes - extremely slowly as I don't have a wheelbarrow so I'm just going back and forth with a spade :rotfl:

Had a nice wander about with pals but it had started raining by then, and we had a three year old with us who was in danger of wholesale disappearing into some of the puddles in the field :eek: so we came back in and spent the rest of the afternoon looking out of the windows :D

Now I've got a shepherds pie in the oven, the radio on, the wood burner merrily burning away, and I'm making a cake to take round to the local farmer to introduce ourselves properly tomorrow.

So cheery in lovely new house :j :j It was quite a palaver but well worth it :j

First mortgage payment went out yesterday :eek: :eek: My first mortgage payment ever :o :rotfl: Planning to start a MFW diary to start the process of getting rid of it, although as there is approximately £214,500 left it might take a while :eek: :rotfl:
  • Greying_PilgrimGreying_Pilgrim Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely to see you back posting Cheery :D

Thanks for the cheery update about the house :D

Greying X
    'Larger than the World's chaos, is it's miracles...' - Katherine Rundell, Author.

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
  • rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    :j:j:j

Glad to hear of the first of your adventures in your new house!

Don't forget to leave us directions when you move to the MFW board!!!:D
    4 YEARS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Finally managing to keep all the balls in the air and juggle the budget!
  • TescodealqueenTescodealqueen Forumite
    796 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely update glad to hear you are settling in. Pancakes sound lovely. I think you will find a wheelbarrow useful though with the spade your daily step count will be great
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    10.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My step count got up to 10,000 the other day INSIDE THE HOUSE! :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyway - I have started a new diary! :j :j :j

Come join me over at Cheery's Country Living Adventure :D