Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on - Page 366

New Post Advanced Search

Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
3.7K replies 211.4K views
1360361362363364366»

Replies

• Cheery_DaffCheery_Daff Forumite
    10K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well we had a lovely lunch with our cheery pals :j And they brought all kinds of goodies with them too, most jolly :D

Also did a day's work, which came as a bit of a shock to the system after a week off, in which my life has been turned upside down :D (in a good way)

Today I am waiting for the tyres people to arrive (for the third time) - I asked for the first appointment 'first thing in the morning' and they said the first one they had was 8.45. Just had a call (at 8.45) saying the bloke was 1 hr 15 minutes away... I suppose I did originally pay for a 2 hour window, so as long as they're here by 10.45 they're within that... I'll eat my hat if he's here by 10am though! :rotfl:

Tried to reconcile YNAB, and got all confused :o:o:o I think when I put the cleared starting amount into my new budget the other day, there were still some things to go out, and I got all confused :o So I've started again from now (there's nothing to go out now that hasn't already gone out) so hopefully it'll all be clear now :o

Nowt else to report I don't think. First trip back to the big city for a work meeting this afternoon :D
    10K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just popping in to report a bit more admin

* received new driving licences in the post so cut old ones up and posted back (along with V5 to change address for old car)
    * Paid £4.72 which we apparently owe to the lpg people who topped us up a tiny bit too much
    * paid £500 to the solicitor, who seemingly got his completion statement calculations wrong :mad: Hopefully that's the end of it!

Been out for a cheery breakfast with Mr Cheery to one of our local cafes - we now have a loyalty card and they stamped us for last time too cos we'd forgotten :D Only 3 more drinks and we get a free one! :money: They do PANCAKES for breakfast which I am most excited about :D

Friends came over for lunch, so while we were waiting Mr Cheery did a bit of sorting in the garage, and I did some surveying of the land (er, wandering about looking at the scenery ;) ) and starting filling in a couple of potholes - extremely slowly as I don't have a wheelbarrow so I'm just going back and forth with a spade :rotfl:

Had a nice wander about with pals but it had started raining by then, and we had a three year old with us who was in danger of wholesale disappearing into some of the puddles in the field :eek: so we came back in and spent the rest of the afternoon looking out of the windows :D

Now I've got a shepherds pie in the oven, the radio on, the wood burner merrily burning away, and I'm making a cake to take round to the local farmer to introduce ourselves properly tomorrow.

So cheery in lovely new house :j :j It was quite a palaver but well worth it :j

First mortgage payment went out yesterday :eek: :eek: My first mortgage payment ever :o :rotfl: Planning to start a MFW diary to start the process of getting rid of it, although as there is approximately £214,500 left it might take a while :eek: :rotfl:
  • Greying_PilgrimGreying_Pilgrim Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely to see you back posting Cheery :D

Thanks for the cheery update about the house :D

Greying X
    'Larger than the World's chaos, is it's miracles...' - Katherine Rundell, Author.

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
  • rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    :j:j:j

Glad to hear of the first of your adventures in your new house!

Don't forget to leave us directions when you move to the MFW board!!!:D
    3.5 YEARS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Working hard to keep all the balls in the air and juggle the budget!
  • TescodealqueenTescodealqueen Forumite
    779 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely update glad to hear you are settling in. Pancakes sound lovely. I think you will find a wheelbarrow useful though with the spade your daily step count will be great
    10K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My step count got up to 10,000 the other day INSIDE THE HOUSE! :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyway - I have started a new diary! :j :j :j

Come join me over at Cheery's Country Living Adventure :D