Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The gardens thing doesn't sound good, Cheery :( and if an area's like that now, what will it be like when you're the little old lady's age??? Of course, areas *do* improve, but you can't bank on it unless there's investment being made.

I'd also be wary of too big a house - that sort of space sounds glorious, but you've got to do the upkeep on all of it - a friend of mine had a house like that - she had a billiard hall, for heaven's sake :rotfl: and her lake was bigger than the footprint of my current house and garden. Takes an awful lot of looking after, believe me!

They do sound fascinating, though :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Yes I do rather worry about the heating bills! :eek: and I barely manage to hoover this place regularly! :eek:

On a more positive note we've found some potentially cheery places near where we visited my friend this afternoon :j A couple in particular have spectacular views over the
    countryside, and there's a little bus that links you up with the tram so you can get home from town til midnight :j :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Morning chums :hello:

Today is another DIY day :j Sealing round the bath - been trying to do it for DAYS :o But today IS THE DAY! :j Also plotting some other bathroom things - plasterboard round the window (if I can figure out how...) and trying to work out how to get the old textured paint off the walls :eek:

Might also try for another trip to the tip - alarming new accumulation of *stuff* inside the back door :eek: Had to do some kind of expedition to get at the washing machine today.

Also need to do some community allotment-related admin, pick up a book from the library, do a bit of work on my diploma stuff (currently being VERY glad there are no deadlines involved!! :rotfl: )

Tempted to get all poshed up and take Mr Cheery and the treats budget out for tea - we're both spending so much time in ripped jeans with paint in our hair that it feels about time! :rotfl:
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    slinking in to confess...

ate two jaffa cakes yesterday...:eek::eek::eek:...4pm muchies hit & the office movers were having a tea break...the office mom put out biscuits and my resolve dissolved into nothing!

but other than that back to eating healthy meals - lots of protein & green veg - limiting the starch!

slinking back out...
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    No slinking required in here RT - yesterday I had two stroopwaffles and a bit of fruit crumble :o :rotfl: :rotfl:

We'd been house viewing and driving forever and landed at a friend's new house and she made tea and put a stroopwaffle on the top and it just never occurred to me not to eat it :rotfl: and then later we went to someone else's house for tea and she gave us pudding and it seemed rude not to eat that too :o :rotfl:

So no slinking please else I'll start to feel guilty too :rotfl:

Back on the case today though! :j
  • rtandon27
    Options
    :rotfl:ok - no slinking but lots of guilt!:rotfl:

Seems to me you just had to eat it as it was put in front of you!

On the other hand I had a choice...but was a little distracted by one of the moving men... (shhh don't tell OH!:o)...so made the wrong choice;)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: I've never heard of jaffa cakes used as an anti-aphrodisiac before :rotfl: :rotfl: Must remember that one as an excuse :D

Sealant is on the bath :j :j It's dark green and I think looks pretty good :D Watched 'Tommy's Trade Secrets' video first - he made it look easy although I must confess he had a much easier start than me - his bath had no taps, wasn't full of water, there wasn't a huge gap between the bath and the walls that needed filling with foam first, his tiles were all the same height from the bath...

Still, these things are sent to try us :rotfl: and that's another job ticked off the (increasingly enormous) list :j

Mr Cheery fitting a new lock on the door - sometimes quite difficult to get out of - no use in a fire!! :eek:
  • rtandon27
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: I've never heard of jaffa cakes used as an anti-aphrodisiac before :rotfl: :rotfl: Must remember that one as an excuse :D

Oh my - that was not quite what I meant but am pretty sure that if any attempt is made to dig myself out, it will just get worse!

Cheery - your DIY bravery is inspiring! Don't think either OH or myself would ever be motivated enough to do it ourselves!

Today I've managed to clean up the kitchen - it was at the worst it's ever been - we needed to restore order so that we could have brunch which turned into lunch - knock-off McMu££ins - fed both of us twice over for less than the price of one mcbreakfast - really it's just a poached egg with ham & cheese on a muffin - but I like the thought of knock-off recipes!

Unloading dishwasher is next on the chore list...
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    I like the thought of knock off recipes too :D We often congratulate ourselves at having made something that would have cost £5 if we'd bought it in a cafe :rotfl:

'brave' is the word RT :rotfl: My sealant is looking shabbier every time I go up to the bathroom - and I confess I was MOST jealous of friend's properly-done plastering yesterday :o:o Have poached the number of her plasterer :o

Just managed to make an unbakeable loaf of soda bread. Followed a recipe and everything, but it was in the oven for 45 minutes and was still entirely solid wet dough. This is quite predictable - I have very rarely been able to make a decent loaf. Mine is now in the bin, and Mr Cheery has made another one to go in the oven :o

QUITE grumpy today :o

Need to renew driving licence - can't do it online because I don't have a current passport, and I could go to the post office but they charge £4.50 - less than having a passport photo taken, but I already got a load of passport photos taken the other day... However, they only guarantee to turn it round within 3 weeks of receiving it, and it runs out three weeks TODAY, and I'm not sure I can cope with it going astray and having to sort something else out...

Don't do it at every post office so it means a little trip - but fortunately the post office they do it at is near the fabric shop so I might treat myself to a little amble round there :j :j Wanted to get some voile for the attic window to disguise the fact it just looks out over next door's rather grubby house wall :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, you may be *feeling* grumpy, Cheery, but it sounds great :) I love that you've got Tommy's Trade Secrets :) I like Tommy, we saw him grow into his stuff, he seems like he's still quite normal :)

What's a stroopwaffle? Seeriouzly, wot is that? :cool:

And as for the both of you falling off the wagon, its trundling along quite slowly, there's plenty of time to get back on, don't worry :D

Another vote here for knock-off recipes :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family