PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Singlies - We Do It Our Way!

Options

Comments

• harrys_nan
    harrys_nan Posts: 1,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,
    Haven't read the whole thread, but can I suggest that in your phones contact list,you put ICE in front of the persons name that you wish to be notified in case of an emergency . This means that they will be contacted and not anyone that you do not want to be contacted
    Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
    New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
    Proud nanny to two beautiful boys :j
    And now I have the joy of having my foster granddaughter becoming my real granddaughter. Can't ask for anything better

UPDATE,
    As of today 180919. my granddaughter is now my official granddaughter, adoption finally granted
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Unless you have worked night shift you have no real understanding of 'bed-love'.......your bed takes on a whole new meaning.

Right....i have 'subscribed' to this thread......what does that even mean? not something I have ever done before.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

I think the garden is the bit I am currently dreading/looking forward to most. Whereas, I can do my study or bedroom for around £1,000, my garden is clearly going to cost over £15,000 (all the "structural type" work to be done:eek:) and the garden was very much one of the major reasons I bought the house,

Do you have an agricultural college in a nearby town/village? There was one near my last but 1 house. The college themselves might be able to help you out by teaching the students landscaping/tree management etc etc OR a student there might be able to do it for you at a much cheaper rate.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • LavenderBees
    Options
    That was my first thought, ideally I would like that to happen too however I have no one to facilitate this (I don't think his father would do it) would a solicitor take something like that on (obviously they would take a fee out of the rent and depending on that fee I am not sure if it would be worth it).

I imagine they would or at least arrange for an agent to take this on on your son's behalf to have the house rented out. Would be worth checking out...it may not cost as much as you think and could help secure your son's future. Hopefully, won't be needed, I hasten to add... :o

So much to think about though, I had no idea until I started. I keep putting this in the too difficult drawer, but I know there'd be no RIP if I thought toxics had got hold of my hard earned :eek:
  • spirit
    Options
    Sounds like a result, Spirit, well done! Can I add some jobs to that list...?

Anyway, I have to say if I'd paid £30 (£30!!!) for delivery, they'd have darn well delivered it on the Saturday of my choice not their's :mad:

I had a bit of a result with that charge mind you, I goggled for a promo code (being mse and all that jazz) and found a 10% one, so that kinda paid for the delivery, otherwise I would have gone elsewhere/taken a day's holiday for the delivery.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • LavenderBees
    Options
    harrys_nan wrote: »
    Hi,
    Haven't read the whole thread, but can I suggest that in your phones contact list,you put ICE in front of the persons name that you wish to be notified in case of an emergency . This means that they will be contacted and not anyone that you do not want to be contacted

Thank you :T. Doing that as we "speak"
  • springdreams
    Options
    spirit wrote: »
    So anyway, having a sneaky look on FB this afternoon, the lady who rehomed my hens posted her husband's business card. He does odd jobs around the house. I asked if he covers my area and could he fit the fence panels. Yay, he does and because he has to charge me a day rate, can I list other jobs I want him to do. There really are some lovely people about. So far other than the fences, I need a kitchen socket replacing (I have the new one, just not confident to do it myself). 2 mirrors to put up, a curtain rail on my half landing, a smoke alarm that i've had just waiting for the diy fairy to do it.

I bought 4, came home and sited them then went back and got 6 more! I planted 4 yesterday, but these old stumps are in the way so it will be lovely if Mrhusbandofhenrescuer can do that for me too.

He sounds just the sort of person I need around my house.

What a fortunate find for you :j
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • spirit
    Options
    He sounds just the sort of person I need around my house.

What a fortunate find for you :j
    You'll probably think I am barking, but I am a reiki master - although that is not my job, nor do I actively practise it on others. I have found that somehow people/things that I have needed have been put my way at just the right time.

mrshenrescuer is also a reiki person and who happened to see my FB post about the hens and responded straight away.Also, last but 1 house in Hampshire, when looking round it on the first viewing, saw the some of the reiki symbols stencilled on the bedroom wall. Turns out mrshouseseller was a reiki practitioner too.
  • lobbyludd
    lobbyludd Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    how do all. just popping in to subscribe as a singly with littluns. no will or life insurance apart from work related, which is permanantly in my "too difficult" drawer. will pop back later.
    :AA/give up smoking (done) :)
  • singlestep
    Options
    Finally done as much work as I'm willing to given that the eyes are drooping. I've had the kind of day where my cooled down lunch soup became dinner, eaten in my PJs and it's probably just as well that there's nobody to 'annoy' me. Still, there was no pressure to think of a different meal :)

You've given me so much food for thought already. Hopefully, I've been spurred on to deal with my own "difficult drawer" at the earliest opportunity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure