PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Singlies - We Do It Our Way!

Options

Comments

• calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    To be quite frank you would be lucky these days to get anything better than a caution had the gf done it in front of the police. They just don't want the paperwork and garbage that goes with a full blown court case as a rule....so with it being one persons word against another and the learning disability a factor in the mix, a caution is in fact a good outcome. If it was a written caution and not a verbal one all the better, as a verbal caution is worse than useless.

At least it's sorted though and she's away from your daughter now even though the outcome is annoying. It always amazes me that someone is deamed unfit in one area, yet has the apparent nouse to manipulate another...?

Hope you feel better soon Lostrinates.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • calicocat
    Options
    Byatt wrote: »
    Good to see you LIR, you are missed. Yes, she seems ok, very, very tired so I'm waiting for the slump that I think will come, but she is being proactive, removing all gf's stuff, although I'm quietly getting p'd off with the mother who is asking my DD "what's happened to x, y or z"...as if my DD is responsible for her dd's stuff!

If she gets anymore stick from them ask the police to be present when she goes to collect stuff...that should shut them up a bit.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • calicocat
    Options
    Today's piece of useless information that I didn't know.....

Welsh gold is the best in the world.....get sifting MTSTM
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2014 at 9:59AM
    Options
    Gotta have something to compensate for the weather hey Calico?;) Hmmm...yep knew about the best gold. On the other hand, to add to your useless facts for the day = it looks as if Pembrokeshire slate is the other end of the spectrum (ie certainly a contender for worst in the world because of its distinct tendency to crumble).

A certain personage, aka Kate Middleton, has a wedding ring made of welsh gold I believe.

Thinks...do I get myself an appropriate container and get out there to those rivers and streams hopefully?:rotfl:

Right...back to the drawing board...another Project to start here on the house today (well...it better darn well had...it's been postponed twice and not by me either:cool:).

EDIT: update on workman for the day. I've been let down yet again. I think I must have made it pretty plain by now that reliability IS the norm and I expect it and got fed-up (in return) of hearing "This is how it is around here...." grrrrr...Heaves sigh and goes back to wistfully studying details of the my level of houses (but I cant afford them) back in my home area...muttering to myself "I don't do 'manana'. It's not a word in my vocabulary".
  • calicocat
    edited 8 April 2014 at 6:00PM
    Options
    LB...!!

Have you seen the new asda advert for easter..?

I told you the chickens need some music....looks like you need a rocking chair in there too.

Lol.

Edit.....i'll try and download some 80's disco stuff to my phone for sunday.....lol.

You could call one Donna summer!!

Edit...Donna summer, Diana Ross, and blondie....lol.
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Nope, not seen much TV at all. Been caught up in toxic family cr4p :(

But no girls of mine are going to be called Blondie etc. I'm having classy girls and classy names :rotfl: Mind, if they like disco dancing, then that's ok, too. ;)

I've been scouting for chicken suppliers on the internet and, having now done some research into good chickens for beginners, I am now planning a trip to Cumbria to get a BlueBelle and a Black Rock. They will be called BlueBelle :p and Coco.

I'm also going to place an order for a Buff Orpington and a Lavender Orpington to collect in a couple of months or so, when they are ready. They will be called...go on...guess :rotfl:...yep...Buffy and Lavender :T

ETA - link to website for new supplier http://www.cannychicken.co.uk/

I've decided to change suppliers for what I hope will be a better customer experience - able to go and see/choose the girls, hold wee chicks etc, and get lots of good advice from the friendly breeder.

This is, of course, supposing all goes well tomorrow with the henhouse delivery, and finishing the run. I still haven't quite worked out how to get the henhouse from the roadside onto my allotment, but am hoping inspiration will strike...or, more likely, that I can nab a couple of hefty blokeys to help me. Fingers crossed!

Wish me luck!

LB xx
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Options
    LB, good luck with the hen house, hope it all goes really smoothly and lots of blokeys about to help.:T

Well, I'm shaking like a leaf...my DD is taking back the gf...she told me just a few minutes ago. I said I can't speak to her right now. To say I am upset is an understatement. I honestly can't deal with her drama anymore. :(
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Byatt Thats all you need, hopefully daughter will soon chage her mind. Big hugs xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • calicocat
    Options
    Byatt wrote: »
    LB, good luck with the hen house, hope it all goes really smoothly and lots of blokeys about to help.:T

Well, I'm shaking like a leaf...my DD is taking back the gf...she told me just a few minutes ago. I said I can't speak to her right now. To say I am upset is an understatement. I honestly can't deal with her drama anymore. :(

Oh dear.....well let's hope she has put down the law with her regarding any further physical fights etc. I understand your concerns though. Would it be worth saying something to the gf yourself?....as in you don't expect a repeat performance or next time you will be taking things further?

LB.......well I did have a guinea-pig called 'pig'.

And nothing wrong with blondie, I grew up with it so you must have done too at school discos. ....and all the boys loved blondie....lol.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Oh dear Byatt,

Sorry to hear that. I do hope your DD sees sense on that. I had some (very very minor) level encounters with battered wives many years ago. So, I cant speak from experience at all, but, as an onlooker, it did look pretty common for the person on the receiving end of violence to give "another chance or two" to the batterer before daylight finally dawned completely and they left them for good. I didn't realise such people as batterers existed until some time into adulthood and it was a shock to realise that they do and I still find it difficult to get my head round the fact that they do.

I am upset on your behalf that DD has done that "give her another chance". I'd be feeling like taking a swing at that battering woman in your position and would certainly be running my mind around what I could do to deal with her once and for all. It must be so frustrating to be on the sidelines wondering if there's anything you can do and I bet the Madam pulls her "learning disabled" card out whenever it suits her and pleads for pity on that.

I guess all you can do is watch and wait. Fingers crossed DD will have another "seeing the light" moment and next time it will be permanent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure