PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Singlies - We Do It Our Way!

Options

Comments

• Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Options
    calicocat wrote: »
    It's chicken day...!!!

Photos.......we demand photos of the girls.....

I'm pacing! :rotfl:
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Lol......i've got funky town on my mobile for them.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oh Gawd, poor birds! Uprooted from a barn with all their pals, clipped wing, driven 80 odd miles, and then put OUTSIDE...they've never seen the sky before.....:eek:, and yes, they are a little stressed, and fearful. They have shown signs of scratching and both pecked at a worm, but obviously don't realise it's such a delicacy, as both lost interest :rotfl:

But they'll be fine :). I've managed to get them into the henhouse early with some food and water, so they can settle down early (and so can I :rotfl:). We're all shattered with such a big day.

I got Coco in first, and Bluebelle (who has followed Coco everywhere, suddenly found her voice...My! She can shout! :eek:. Coco answered from the henhouse, and eventually BlueBelle found her way in, and they both settled down. I think they are going to be good pals :T

But they are very pretty, my girls. If only you could see them! :rotfl: I have managed to get some photos, but I can't remember how to load photos on here :o

Sorry...unless someone can give me instructions...?

Tomorrow's plan is to encourage them out of the henhouse, and hope they eat and drink. They were pretty much silent today; I can't wait until they have confidence and start to gently cluck and talk to me.

Ooh, I finally have chickens :T

LB xx
  • calicocat
    Options
    Oh Gawd, poor birds! Uprooted from a barn with all their pals, clipped wing, driven 80 odd miles, and then put OUTSIDE...they've never seen the sky before.....:eek:, and yes, they are a little stressed, and fearful. They have shown signs of scratching and both pecked at a worm, but obviously don't realise it's such a delicacy, as both lost interest :rotfl:

But they'll be fine :). I've managed to get them into the henhouse early with some food and water, so they can settle down early (and so can I :rotfl:). We're all shattered with such a big day.

I got Coco in first, and Bluebelle (who has followed Coco everywhere, suddenly found her voice...My! She can shout! :eek:. Coco answered from the henhouse, and eventually BlueBelle found her way in, and they both settled down. I think they are going to be good pals :T

But they are very pretty, my girls. If only you could see them! :rotfl: I have managed to get some photos, but I can't remember how to load photos on here :o

Sorry...unless someone can give me instructions...?

Tomorrow's plan is to encourage them out of the henhouse, and hope they eat and drink. They were pretty much silent today; I can't wait until they have confidence and start to gently cluck and talk to me.

Ooh, I finally have chickens :T

LB xx

I had a guinea-pig once that was very vocal....constantly shouting or singing...I called him pavaroti...he was bootifull.

Well it sounds like one long day!, and it sounds like they will be indeed be good pals. Have the neighbours had anything to say yet?...I mean the feathered neighbours.

Very exciting...cant wait to see them.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    calicocat wrote: »
    I had a guinea-pig once that was very vocal....constantly shouting or singing...I called him pavaroti...he was bootifull.

Well it sounds like one long day!, and it sounds like they will be indeed be good pals. Have the neighbours had anything to say yet?...I mean the feathered neighbours.

Very exciting...cant wait to see them.

Lots of very complimentary comments from unfeathered neighbours. I think they can't believe how lovely the run is...I'd move in there myself! Am kinda hoping that attention decreases soon...I don't want any wrong people paying attention iykwim

The feathered neighbours couldn't see them as my girls were hunkered down in the corner most of the time.

I'm off to lottie soon to let them out and see how we get on today. Just fortifying myself with a bacon sarnie. Got loads of clearing out on lottie to do today as it's a building site of left over wood etc, and will stop me sorting my seedlings if I don't get it done today. A trip or two to the tip needed, unfortunately!

Where's the bloomin sun gone? :(

Will try to post photos poss tomorrow when I'm not quite so busy.

Hope you all have lovely days planned....?

LB xx
  • calicocat
    Options
    Lots of very complimentary comments from unfeathered neighbours. I think they can't believe how lovely the run is...I'd move in there myself! Am kinda hoping that attention decreases soon...I don't want any wrong people paying attention iykwim

The feathered neighbours couldn't see them as my girls were hunkered down in the corner most of the time.

I'm off to lottie soon to let them out and see how we get on today. Just fortifying myself with a bacon sarnie. Got loads of clearing out on lottie to do today as it's a building site of left over wood etc, and will stop me sorting my seedlings if I don't get it done today. A trip or two to the tip needed, unfortunately!

Where's the bloomin sun gone? :(

Will try to post photos poss tomorrow when I'm not quite so busy.

Hope you all have lovely days planned....?

LB xx

No clue where sun has gone...!!? I left work early to wizz home and cut lawn as forecast said sunny this morning rain this afternoon..got back and looks like it's about to team it down.

The peeps around here will be going mad, and i'll be off the 'estate team' as lawns here are meant to be a certain millimetre in height....not like a wilderness. It's murder getting a nice day to do it when off and the forecasts are always flipping wrong.

Hope the girls have had a good night and are happier and more settled a bit.

Give them some of the millet I got...that'll cheer them up and put half a stone on them....
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Will also be interested to see foties of they thar chickens if you find a way to post them up LB:)

Calico...so your estate wouldn't favour me as a neighbour then re the style of garden?:rotfl: Lol at having to keep the grass a certain height. Now if you wanted to head out into the garden to pick some food on the other hand...:). I've currently got cabbages/kale/corn salad/rocket/chicory/onions/potatoes/leeks/lettuce all out there at some stage of growth or other and have had my first few "helpings" worth of veg from my own fair hands:). More things to plant up yet...I want variety...lots of it..

Thank goodness the weather has been a bit more what I define as "normal" the last few days at last....and they tell me I'm in a favourable micro-climate here LOL.
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Phew what a busy week it's been. Just trying to catch up on what I have missed.

LB - :T for the chickens arriving. Brilliant news - you must be so happy

Byatt - sorry to hear that things are still tough for you re: DD.

MITSTM - :rotfl:loved the farmer accent - very apt

Calicocat - I share your pain re: trying to get the grass cut. Mine is also going mad but on the times I am around and able to cut it - it's raining. Re: your estate people - you could always tell them to cut it for you if it's bothering them lol. Perhaps exchange it for some other task if that appeases them somewhat

I have some errands to run today but will be having tomorrow at home for sure!

Have a great day all
    :)
  • dibuzz
    dibuzz Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad our grass doesn't get measured, they would need a longer ruler :rotfl:
    It had dried enough yesterday for me to cut the back and son to cut the front. I can't do the front, too many people around so I bribe him to do it instead :o
    14 Projects in 2014 - in memory of Soulie - 2/14
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Options
    I couldn't cope with the grass police, although I do understand people wanting to keep their homes looking nice...:cool:

My Boy-cat is an indoor cat but with the arrival of spring he wants to be out. He has actually been shouting at me from the back door where he has taken up residence, he almost escaped a few minutes ago...:eek:...as I came in with some washing, so had to drop washing and grab him. I live right by an A road, so it's not an option.

On another note, DD has asked me if I'm speaking to gf now she's with DD again...I haven't responded, as not sure what I'd say if I did...I don't like being given ultimatums regarding "accept this or I will walk..." because brothers used that card numerous times (through their numerous "love of their lives" (NOT)) relationships:mad:

(as an aside, I do feel like saying she's lucky to have got away with not being strangled...:cool:)

So, back to the spring cleaning and revamping of cottage, which is very therapeutic. :T

Windows open, just hope My Boy-cat doesn't want to try abseiling. :cool:

Well done on the veggies, MtSTM, I haven't even started this year, mainly because of the continuous R word. (rain...:rotfl:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure