Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's such good news Rachylou, I'm very happy for you!
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I've been lurking but I think I'm ready to join in over here now.

Cherry I hope all is well with your next scan :)

Rachy how amazing to have seen the heartbeat, it must be the most special time!

We had a bit of a worrying time yesterday as I have a chest infection which they think has turned septic as I had a 38.8 temp and my heartrate and BP were both very high and my breathing was petty terrible so off to the hospital we went. They are treating me for sepsis with IV antibiotics and fluids but were quite dismissive of the pregnancy until I had a bit of a meltdown. I was allowed to come home very late last night with antibiotics as my temp came down, as did my heartrate but I'm under strict instruction to head back if there is any increase in either. I only called 111 because I was worried about the effect of my temperature on the little one.
    They refused to do a scan as I'm only 5 weeks and the early pregnancy unit wasn't open so I'm hoping to bring forward my early private scan to next weekend to try and reassure us a bit. Until then I'm having a bit of a stress because I'm having lots of cramps.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So sorry you're ill Kirtsypoos, that sounds very uncomfortable and especially scary for your pregnancy. Hope you can stay comfortable and well hydrated this week. I hope you've got a resilient little embryo and you get some reassurance at the scan. Crossing everything for you.
  • Rachylou1981
    Rachylou1981 Posts: 714 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh Kirsty, how awful that they dismissed you. Sadly I think all health professionals are that way until a certain point, likely 6 weeks when something can be seen and picked up on a scan, doesn't help us though does it? :(

Hopefully you will start to feel better soon and this will prompt your GP or the hospital to refer you for an early scan. I had gastroenteritis during week 4-5 and I didn't eat properly for a few days and that was part of the reason my GP acted quickly, I had the scan within the week (but I do think my GP is excellent - she's also heavily pregnant which was a shock since I didn't have a clue until a massive bump appeared on the latest visit to her :eek:)

Isn't it awful that this exciting time of ours is just filled with anxiety and worry?
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thanks both - my boobs are still mega sore so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but still cramping.

I couldn't believe that they weren't listening when I said I was categorically not having an X Ray - the A and E Doctor listened in the end but the Doctor from the ward I was being transferred to kept telling me I was being silly and wouldn't admit me to the Ward until I had it done. I ended up having the X Ray covered in lead but I was sobbing as I was so worried. I know it's a small chance of any problems but any avoidable chance is too big!

I think I'll try and get an appointment at the GP as soon as I feel up to walking further than the toilet and see if they will refer me to the EPU.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey girls! Thought I'd join you if that's OK? I'm 5+6 (on monday). My first midwife appointment i's next Monday.
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Hi Sweetilemon - good luck for your scan on Monday

Hope everyone else is well
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Welcome Sweetilemon, hope you have a good pregnancy.

Will this be everyone's first baby? It will be mine (fingers crossed).
  • sweetilemon
    Options
    Welcome Sweetilemon, hope you have a good pregnancy.

Will this be everyone's first baby? It will be mine (fingers crossed).

Thanks! I've had a tiny bit of spotting but hoping all is OK! My first midwife appointment is on Monday.

This is my second baby 😊 I had my first in March 2016 (funny looking back on these threads!) She was 40+4, healthy 8lbs 6oz but unfortunately took ill at 3 weeks old from late on-set group b strep/meningitus and died at 4 weeks 2 days old 😔 miss my little princess so so much. Hope her baby brother or sister will live a long life I get to be around to see a large part of xx
  • sweetilemon
    Options
    Hi Sweetilemon - good luck for your scan on Monday

Hope everyone else is well

Thanks! It's just my booking appointment just now, can't wait for a scan to check everything is OK!

How are you all?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure