🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• Munchkin84
    Munchkin84 Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you Cherry xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming weddings both of you!

Loads of sympathy for the significant dates, which are so difficult not to set up as deadlines and feel disappointed by. I've just about got pregnant before my previous due date - tomorrow, but it would have been so lovely to have been out of the woods by now and into the second trimester. I took all the dates out of my calendar, but I can't get them out of my mind.
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    Doesn't help that I'm still getting daily emails that I try and unsubscribe to but they don't accept my email address (which is the one they're sending emails to)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Munchkin84 wrote: »
    Doesn't help that I'm still getting daily emails that I try and unsubscribe to but they don't accept my email address (which is the one they're sending emails to)

I hated those emails after my first MC, and haven't signed up for any this time just in case. Can you block the sender, or set up a redirect into junk? You don't need to see that every day.
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    It's only a week left now, hopefully they will stop. I sure as hell won't sign up to anything if I'm lucky enough to fall pregnant again. None of them were any good anyway.
  • Rachylou1981
    Rachylou1981 Posts: 714 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Praying for you Cherry. It must be stressful. Hope the bleeding stops.

I think I ov'd Day 14/15 so the dates should be very close because of that. I was debating whether to ring and ask if I could go later but now I have it booked in then I feel I may aswell go through with it and I don't know if the GP has asked for it because of history/reassurance or because I was ill last week. I don't want to be awkward since they are doing me a favour. Not all women are entitled to this. I am worried about not seeing anything though and I really don't want to end up having to wait 2 weeks with the stress of not knowing if it's viable like you are - I'd rather wait and have more chance of knowing. Ahhhh this is a bit annoying.

I have felt fine all day until hometime from work and the nausea has kicked in a bit. I'm happy with symptoms though, makes me feel things are normal.

I get you Munchkin with the emails etc, I didn't sign up for anything luckily and won't this time either. It's bad enough that I signed up to wedding forums and entered comps and now my wedding email (set up specifically) is overrun with junk spam because of it. Grrr
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    So I rang the early preg assessment unit today and they said that at 6 weeks (providing my dating is correct, which I am confident with) then they will be able to see if the baby is in the right place and hear a heartbeat. I will be having a vaginal scan so they are able to see more.

If they don't see what they should then I will be rescanned in a week
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Any update Cherry? Thinking of you xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Rachy, thank you for thinking of me. I have another week to wait before the followup scan to see (hopefully) that it's progressing OK. Symptomwise, the bleeding never got heavy, and seems to have stopped in the week, so I am taking that as a good sign. Overall I'm cautiously optimistic.

Was your scan today? I hope you got good news. Hugs.
  • Rachylou1981
    Options
    Oh I'm so pleased the bleeding has stopped. I think I'd take that as a positive sign too so fingers crossed. I imagine the wait is still torture though. Hope you are keeping busy.

We had the scan today and all is okay for our dates and we saw a heartbeat flickering, which was really emotional and overwhelming. The nurse said that there's a 95% chance of it being a successful pregnancy now which is reassuring.

The anxious side of me has booked a private scan for 8 weeks though, OH thinks I'm mad but I want to know he or she is growing as they should be. We will get a photo then and will tell our parents
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure