Roadkill Rebels - January 2014

Options

Comments

• Leanne-Marie
    Options
    Ah i was looking at T3sc0. Makes sense now! :-)
    Casual Comper | Money saving Newbie.
  • Monkeyballs
    Monkeyballs Posts: 1,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all,

BOOM!I found a quid in Sainsburys by the self service tills this morning :j

OVER THE MOON!!! LOL

Good luck everyone,

MB
  • HOK3Y
    HOK3Y Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ah i was looking at T3sc0. Makes sense now! :-)

If you find receipts with unclaimed points, you can add them to your loyalty card but don't do more than a couple over the course of a week. I think they have to be from the main stores also - I don't think you can womble Te$co receipts from their express locations.
    Afternoon all,

BOOM!I found a quid in Sainsburys by the self service tills this morning :j

OVER THE MOON!!! LOL

Good luck everyone,

MB

YEAH! Well done MB!!! :beer:
    Credit Card Freedom gained 14 Feb 2014!!
    Total Debt Freedom gained 29 Apr 2014!!
    Savings goal 30/9/23: £72,000/£538,001.....yes I'm serious!
    Total Debt August 2013: [STRIKE]$21,587[/STRIKE] April 2014: $0!!!!:j
  • sax11
    sax11 Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Found 2 twenty pound notes yesterday while walking to the shops, a bit better than the usual tuppence.

Wombled receipts - are these the ones people discard.
  • Monkeyballs
    Options
    sax11 wrote: »
    Found 2 twenty pound notes yesterday while walking to the shops, a bit better than the usual tuppence.

Wombled receipts - are these the ones people discard.

Spawny so and so... LOL

I remember about 5 years ago I picked up what I thought was a fiver wrapped in a receipt while being served in Asda. I shoved it in my pocket quick not wanting anyone to see and when I got outside it was actually a twenty and a five pound note! I was over the moon :)

Best experience of free money though was a couple of years ago when a guy came up to me and asked me if I was having a good day? I said it was ok and he gave me an envelope and ran away! I opened it up and there was £250 in notes, I told the police but apparently he was a local lottery winner and had done it to a few people :)

With regards to wombled receipts, yeah as far as I'm aware it's a receipt which you have picked up and is not your own...

MB
  • cardi80
    cardi80 Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join in too please?
    Best experience of free money though was a couple of years ago when a guy came up to me and asked me if I was having a good day? I said it was ok and he gave me an envelope and ran away! I opened it up and there was £250 in notes, I told the police but apparently he was a local lottery winner and had done it to a few people :)

Wow what a lovely thing to do!
  • Monkeyballs
    Options
    cardi80 wrote: »
    Wow what a lovely thing to do!

I thought so too (after reporting it to the police as it seemed well dodgy) and (God if you're listening/reading) it is what I would do as well :)

MB
  • HOK3Y
    HOK3Y Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wow sax!!!!! That's brilliant!!!! I had the same experience last month and it felt awesome!!!!

MB, that is such a lovely story. What a great guy. *feeling warm and fuzzy* :)
    Credit Card Freedom gained 14 Feb 2014!!
    Total Debt Freedom gained 29 Apr 2014!!
    Savings goal 30/9/23: £72,000/£538,001.....yes I'm serious!
    Total Debt August 2013: [STRIKE]$21,587[/STRIKE] April 2014: $0!!!!:j
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 January 2014 at 8:54PM
    Options
    MonkeyBalls,that story made me go all goose-bumpy:that is lovely.
    Also,you asked at the end of the Dec thread,where we are all looking for coins.Well,as mentioned last month,"thinking like a coin" is definately the way to go.

But also,I think about the type of area I am looking at,and who visits it.For example,today,my first find for the year,has been 20p in a kids playground.I was looking under all the equipment where kids spin,hang upside down(losing change out of pockets,etc).:D

I look in shops where people only need "smallish" amounts of money:PO shop,where kids go and buy sweets after school,and adults go to buy a few items(lottery tickets,packet of smokes,etc)

Last month my 2 paper finds were in a Claires shop:think hens preparing for their hen's night,gaggles of pre-teen girls and teenagers in groups,out doing their Christmas shopping,all rushing around,probably don't even notice a note falling out of their zip up purse.The £5 note was about a foot away from the counter(in the queue!):I stepped into the queue to save it before anyone saw it!!.:eek:
    The tenner I found was pushed right up against the counter,almost hiding under the shelf displaying keyrings and purses.I can imagine it was sitting there quite awhile before I spotted it.

McDonalds is full of queues at lunchtime:everryone rushing,lots of teenagers,wouldn't be caught dead picking up a 5p piece off the floor.Since I have been doing this challenge,I have not stepped into a Mcdonalds and not found roadkill!!(I don't eat there,just go in,look near the till area,then back out again.:pAlso search under chairs and tables.)

Doorways of shops/supermarkets are good-people checking their change and putting it in their pockets.
    Recently I discovered that coins fall out of people's pockets as they sit on the chairs at Argos,so now I always look there.

Shops that people nip into with afew coins to buy lunch,eg buying a sandwich at Boots:I have lain spread-eagled on the floor to gather a 2p piece in a Boots store before (see November thread,haha).

OH has just asked me if I am typing the bible out by memory,so maybe this is long enough to give you afew ideas.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Money_Tree_Faerie
    Options
    I was sitting in my car pondering this thread and being negative about my lost opportunities for loot (ie. not hoovering the ground outside the pubs on New Year's Eve). Eventually I got off my pondering backside and found 5p the moment I opened the car door. :p
    :dance: Super-fun-frugal :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport