Roadkill Rebels - January 2014

Options

Comments

• chrisfreelander54
    Options
    Happy new year everyone, count me on again please Hokey, hoping this year brings an abundance of free cash.

The kids are addicted to rebelling now and I even have my nan in on the act too, she always has WRs for me to check every time I visit. :D

The wife's thinks were all nuts, looking for receipts.

Rebel 31 reporting for duty with a 1p find.
    YNAB is my new best friend. :)
  • HGBeast
    HGBeast Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2014 at 11:52PM
    Options
    Can I join please I was I unofficially doing this last month but hope by joining I can find a few more -all money going to hit against my credit card :T

Found 53p in Dec I was amazed! Maybe by being more aware I can find more!
    2014 DFW :D
    01/01/14 £7,500 :eek:
  • Money_Tree_Faerie
    Options
    Sign me up, please. Lunchtime is usually good because all the high-school kids like to show off by throwing money away. It's usually just pennies and tuppences...but sometimes you get someone flashy who (pretends s/he) doesn't care about the 5p coins. :D
    :dance: Super-fun-frugal :dance:
  • Camillia_Chubb
    Options
    Roadkill Rebel no.54 signing in for 2014 :D
    Make £10 a day challenge Jan £231.63
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I'm back for more! Can you add me again please Hokey? I'll add up my December totals later today, but in the meantime my jar will be emptied, ready for a new month!

Best advice I picked up last month was 'Think like a coin' :rotfl:
  • HOK3Y
    HOK3Y Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning and happy new year!!!! 2014 is going to be the year that my life turns around and I am much excited about it!! Start the year on the right foot with as much positivity as you can muster and as many handfuls of lost coins as you can find! :D

Kicked off yesterday with 6 x 5p plus £1.37 from w/r. Today I have already found 5p in the train station and am looking forward to seeing what the rest of the day brings to the HOK3Y's cash pot. :)

Welcome to all the new rebels :wave:! You have all been signed up in post. #2 with a number. Siouxsie32 just summed up how best to approach this challenge! Made me smile! :)

Best of luck today......wonder who will find the first £1 coin......
    Credit Card Freedom gained 14 Feb 2014!!
    Total Debt Freedom gained 29 Apr 2014!!
    Savings goal 30/9/23: £72,000/£538,001.....yes I'm serious!
    Total Debt August 2013: [STRIKE]$21,587[/STRIKE] April 2014: $0!!!!:j
  • Camillia_Chubb
    Options
    Siouxsie32 wrote: »
    I'm back for more! Can you add me again please Hokey? I'll add up my December totals later today, but in the meantime my jar will be emptied, ready for a new month!

Best advice I picked up last month was 'Think like a coin' :rotfl:

Haha yes, I took the very same advice on board too!!! When scouring the supermarket I say that to myself!
    Make £10 a day challenge Jan £231.63
  • flamingo747
    Options
    Didn't find anything yesterday, I think living in a small rural town will make for slim pickings, but I'll keep looking!
    Married 40y.o. mum of an autistic 11y.o. Carer/SAHM.
    OS '24 Fashion On The Ration: 0(34 preloved)/67 coupons used - OS '24 Declutter Challenge: 633/500 items gone 🏅 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 - Now aiming for 750!
    Feb GC: (1st-29th inc) £161.45/£495
     ((OS 2023 Decluttering: 740 items 🏅 🏅 🏅  🌟 . OS 2023 Fashion on the ration: 14/15 used))

• Leanne-Marie
    Options
    I have a question about wombling receipts...

When you enter the details onto the website and it tells you how much you could have saved.. how do you then get the coupon for it?

Maybe I am being a bit blind, but I cant see how you get it?
    Casual Comper | Money saving Newbie.
  • HOK3Y
    HOK3Y Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Leanne, which store are you looking at? A$da is the one that gives you coupons for the difference. Other stores will allow you to add points from wr to loyalty cards as long as you don't do it too often.
    Credit Card Freedom gained 14 Feb 2014!!
    Total Debt Freedom gained 29 Apr 2014!!
    Savings goal 30/9/23: £72,000/£538,001.....yes I'm serious!
    Total Debt August 2013: [STRIKE]$21,587[/STRIKE] April 2014: $0!!!!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport