Trying to get on track

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So the weekend is at a close and some things to report.
    Despite it being march, I did no work since Friday
    My tee shirt drawer is kondoed
    oH has listed 5 things on fleabay
    I went for a swim
    I threw caution to the wind and transferred from the current account to the mortgage to get below another thousand
    Did bits and pieces of housework

Today I am grateful for
    Ready access to power to feed my appliances
    The community on here
    Being able to help someone.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So, Monday again and it's so wet and miserable I want to stay under the covers. Am gonna head in a bit early and see if I can get on top of things. I made a massive work to do list on fri and was horrified that the first thing I did, wasn't on the list! Not sure if that's a reflection on my list making or on my willingness to get distracted ;).
    Had a list of stuff for the weekend and didn't manage it all but did manage some so I have to be positive about that.

Today I am grateful for
    Little gaps appearing in my bedroom
    Not having to turn the light on in the morning
    Tea and toast being made for me.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Monday over and done with yay. Am however starting to panic as March continues to close in. So many deadlines to achieve and yet another performance discussion to have with a staff member tomorrow. Still today I am grateful for
    A friend buying lunch
    OH conjuring dinner from the fridge
    A helpful staff member
    OH making it through the funeral service relatively unscathed.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,544 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Baby steps :)
    Keep plodding.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Thanks Beanie. I know it's the only way but I want it all done yesterday
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope you had a productive day and the performance meeting wasn't too draining. :)

Too much work and not enough time - I'll join you in that one :)

The lighter mornings are great, loving those alot.
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Work day from hell finally over. Uninspired by masterchef. Need to work tomorrow but will have Friday off instead.
    Today I am grateful for
    Being provided with emergency chocolate when needed
    Comfort food of corned beef and mash for dinner
    A freecycler picking up a no longer needed appliance
  • supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ........ So, where a wise person would make a mortgage op, I treated me and OH to dinner. It was a place I've been wanting to try for quite a while as people rave about it. I can understand why. The food was great. The only criticism was that there was so much of it. Hopefully it goes to a pig farmer.

Totally agree with the later comments about enjoying life and the quandary of saving for the future. I feel a bit mean sometimes, but have to remember that we have had plenty of hols and that DH and DD have had school and club holidays - skiing, diving, French, history trips etc.

We also spent three fab holidays in the USA. I like to think that we are paying off the last two now - makes it slightly less painful. At first I hated their huge portions, but I loved how they automatically boxed up the leftovers. As we were staying in a condo it was very useful. Shame it isn't the norm here as I hate waste.

SS x
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Another week evaporated. Some ups some downs and some good money news. As I wasn't in work yesterday, I had no one to be Cheltenham bookies runner so I had a rummage for an online deal or two. I banked £10, got £10 cashback from in box pounds which took me to my first ever payout so £28 en route by the end of the month. I staked £10 and got £7 back. I then had a nosey on tcb and opened an account with £20 which credited £42 and am keeping fingers crossed for a win on the rugby today. I've always been nervous about such offers seeing how these led to difficulties for people on here but so long as I stick to my 6 nations, national and Cheltenham which I would bet on anyway, I should be ok and I've more money en route to the mortgage. I think we finally had a break through with the performance issues in work on Thursday. The staff member said he had a LBM and things have fallen into place. Fingers crossed that's so. Last night we were going to see Dara o briain play a gig and had planned dinner out. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the restaurant we wanted so saved ourselves a not so small fortune and ate from the fridge. Also, parked at the office carpark so no money spent there either. Kondoing is continuing in an ad hoc manner. When I see things. I hold and, where appropriate, discard. On the plus side, I was kinda forced into a never before worn dress on Wednesday and got so many compliments, I was left totally shocked. If I hadn't gotten rid of things, I'd never have worn it as I was afraid it was too fitted for a porker.

To my shame though, on Thursday I wore a top I was in two minds about. It's on its way out. It's a case of realising that I have enough body image issues without adding to them with something that does me no favours at all.

Today I am grateful for
    Brunch in bed from my OH
    A dry day
    Having things to fall back upon
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    What a good result from the online betting deals (so far ;)) and Inbox Pounds payout too :T.

A lovely boost with the outfit compliments too :) and ashame about the top. But now you know, you can remove it from your life and house :D

Enjoy the rugby and moreso, hope you get a win!
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business