Trying to get on track

Options
1187188189190191193»

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    OH is in work today then not back until Thursday. Hopefully we will manage some us time over the break. Our lease car should be available from next Wednesday. While I'm glad to be mobile again, I'm worried about the cost and how having a car at my disposal could make it easier to spend. I'm really not coping well with no income. I know leaving the old job was absolutely right for me. I had thought though that by taking a break I'd be sorting out my head, my life and getting geared up for the next job or assignment. It looks like instead it's sending my anxiety levels through the roof and leaving me hiding under the duvet.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I guess you just have time to think. When we are working and looking after homes and families its hard to find time to breathe.

You have done so well and inspired so many people with your journey. I hope you start to feel better soon.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I guess you just have time to think. When we are working and looking after homes and families its hard to find time to breathe.

You have done so well and inspired so many people with your journey. I hope you start to feel better soon.
    Agree with this. Xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today I gave up waiting for someone else to tackle a smallish task and did it myself. Yay! I also cleared out the shredding box and have hopefully retired it. I have a third of one submission due in next wed completed and spoke to my prodigal DS. Still need to tackle dd but knowing this she sloped off to her father's. She's on notice that we will be having the talk tomorrow when she finishes work at 6.
    Today I am grateful for
    A cheap fish based dinner from the local co op
    Starting to make a clearance
    Sorting out things with DS
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So far this morning we have had demands from the dog and sulks from her owner dd. It appears that dd objects to getting out of bed to deal with her dog and so stormed out of the house early to go to work. OH is bemused but has gone to procure the ultimate treat of a cooked breakfast for us. The dog will benefit from the leftovers. I know it's more MSE to cook from scratch but we wouldn't get the variety of ingredients and this will cover lunch and the place we get it from is owned by the next door butcher who uses it to showcase his meat so it's all good. Having said that, for me it's as much about the soda and potato bread as it is about the two types of sausage, bacon, black pudding and the veg roll that OH kindly eats on my behalf. It also comes with two of my five a day.
    Today, if it stays dry for the next hour or so, I will get some of the ivy creeping up my hedge dealt with. I also need to get some groceries at some point and will complete another 3700 character box on my submission. I find things easier when OH is here. I hadn't factored in the difference between being in an office and being on my own. What a numpty!
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Yesterday was a do nothing except read, cook dinner and visit mother day. So far today has been about eating the bacon and mushroom sarnies made by my OH. I do however want to get some computer based stuff and some practical stuff done. I just wish that the rain would stop. Not only does it make garden stuff difficult, it also lowers my mood. Anyhow, time's ashifting and I'm not. Need to get that sorted.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Oh INOD. Your last two post have made me very hungry. I will never be slim.

I'm with you on the rain and gardening. Its a pain in the a#@&. I hope you get some sun soon.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Went to my gp this morning. Not great, it feels like if I were a dog, I'd be put to sleep and yet I walked away from sick pay, insurances, etc.

DD and I both did some gardening today and I called in with my mother. Tomorrow car gets delivered so an early start for a change. Today I am grateful
    That one of my sisters had to decline an invitation to here
    That DD finally got her finger out
    That I managed to access a senior person in officialdom.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    But was the place which offered sick pay and insurance the right place to be? Where would you be now if you hadn't walked away.

Sometimes we need to do things which may seem crazy but later they were exactly what was needed.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    there's probably a better way to do this but i'm off to http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5636785

thanks for everyone who kept me company, hopefully I'll see you at the new place
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure