Trying to get on track

Options

Comments

• Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Happy New Year INOD!

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Happy New Year:D
  • in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 January 2017 at 8:00PM
    Options
    so, here goes with what needs to get down today

1[STRIKE]. pile of leaves cleared from driveway (i live in a tree lined st and they all seem to land in the one place)
    2. clearing and creating a dressing table that makes it easier for me to get work ready in the mornings
    [/STRIKE]3. freezer tetris in the hope of introducing some structure
    4. [STRIKE]update sig to reflect £1k I'd forgotten about - yes really!
    5. do out a plan for the week that involves getting something done each day[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] 6. one load of washing
    [/STRIKE]7. clear Christmas and other assorted debris and misplaced items from one room
    8. do a monster update here
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow - brilliant progress! So have you handed your notice in?

It's all very exciting. :-)
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    yes, i've resigned. I'll finish at the end of February and I haven't a clue what I'm going to do. there are changes planned in the company but i can no longer wait for these to kick in. i struggle and sometimes my IBS flares up just at the thought of going into work. i love what i do but no longer think i can continue to do it in that environment but at the minute, it's so much more scary than exciting. i'm 15 months off being 50. hardly an ideal time to be trying to source work. even typing this has me sitting crying
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I don't know you in RL it's true, but you strike me as dynamic and impressive and excellent at what you do. I have every confidence in you xx
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I think you can achieve anything you turn your mind to INOD - just look at your progress so far :T

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Change is scary and unsettling, but also exciting. And you will succeed in whatever comes next. :T
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yes, i've resigned. I'll finish at the end of February and I haven't a clue what I'm going to do. there are changes planned in the company but i can no longer wait for these to kick in. i struggle and sometimes my IBS flares up just at the thought of going into work. i love what i do but no longer think i can continue to do it in that environment but at the minute, it's so much more scary than exciting. i'm 15 months off being 50. hardly an ideal time to be trying to source work. even typing this has me sitting crying

Sometimes in life you have to just go for it. I'm sure with your skills and experience you fill find something very soon. All the best INOD
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Happy New Year INOD :D

Wow, well done on such a brilliant reduction in the mortgage. Not read everything inbetween me disappearing and returning...but just want to say things will always work out workwise - you will make it happen.

In a similar boat, well actually a dire one :( but won't clog up your thread with that. Time for a new diary for me on DFW I think.

Keep smiling through amazing lady :A
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts