Trying to get on track

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I've decided that today is the last day I'm working pre Christmas. I just need to persuade my boss of this. I've a four o'clock meeting in dublin today and will be lucky to be home for eight. I'm planning to indulge and buy the KFC Christmas burger for dinner. It's been waving at me from bus shelters since the start of the festivities and I do want to try it. So me to want the junk food while ditching Friday's firms Christmas dinner cooked by a ni finalist of great British menu.
    Still a lot to get thru and unfortunately dd is only off today so gift wrap services from her may be difficult. This means everyone will be getting gift or bottle bags as my gift wrapping is poor. Still lots to be done so better get a wiggle on. It's so cold.
    Today I am grateful for
    Baggage handler dispute resolution, will get DS home for Christmas
    Shelter from the elements
    A daft but unfailingly cheerful dog.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    I'm planning to indulge and buy the KFC Christmas burger for dinner. It's been waving at me from bus shelters since the start of the festivities and I do want to try it. .

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:That made me roar with laughter inod :wave:

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope the burger is delicious! It will probably be more filling than a fancy dinner - they're mostly foam and smoke. :)

I'm sorry that 2016 has been so difficult but hopefully the last week or so will be nice. I totally agree with not spending time with family if they bring you down. Spend Christmas with your lovely close family, eat lovely food, and feel positive about the new year. Xxx
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Happy Christmas inod. Hope you have a lovely day. :xmastree::xmastree:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Christmas has been and gone. Lots to tell but battery is on its way out but. Look at my sig! Am completely shocked, overwhelmed and feel a need to check my maths!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Looking forward to your update :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Omg, I'm such a muppet and you lot are too polite to point it out. I clearly didn't save the update to my sig.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well I did look a lot :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Well I did look a lot :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Omg, I'm such a muppet and you lot are too polite to point it out. I clearly didn't save the update to my sig.

Whilst I don't like to think of myself as a Signature Stalker :p, I did wonder which figure had changed so spectacularly!
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills