Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope the driving is not too dire.
    Thank crunchie it is Friday.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    I echo the thanking of the chocolate bars it is Friday. What a tremendously rubbish week at work. INOD... you know the employee who left causing much grief? I have had a discussion, frank and terse, with my office manager today. Colleague of mine who borders on insane most days and takes a huge dislike to me because my voice is above that of a whispering mouse, has threatened a grievance procedure based around the fact that our open plan office which houses 6 staff members is not so silent you can hear a pin drop. And centres on me. Am fuming, as the hypocrisy in her statement stinks. I stood at a colleagues desk for 5 minutes yesterday discussing valentines cards and the best local place to grab one. I am shot down for this by management in an email. Colleague then spends 3 times the time at the same colleagues desk discussing dogs, pictures of dogs, urinary problems with dogs... and this is ok? Manager has apparently been ignoring her repeated requests for extreme silence in the office over the last few months, so she has gone elsewhere and caused much stink. And boss can't say anything to her apparently. Let my feelings on the subject be well and truly known. Am a bit like this :mad: over and over again.

Sorry to rant on here. Know you understand workplace issues. Some people just need putting in a box and putting out to sea.

Hope your driving goes well :) my BiL posted a pic of his mileometer today. 111,111 miles in less than 3 years :eek: x
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Lilt, I'd read your post and struggled as to what to say. Have figured out though that the best thing is for you to ask for the grievance to be lodged. Until then, you can't fully defend yourself. In the meantime, don't let the actions of a v silly person put you off posting. That's the point of sites like this. You don't need to keep anything bottled up. Nor do you always have to be the strong one. Sometimes by letting others support you, you are allowing them a sense of their own value. Anyhow. Hope the jelly tot keeps you smiling. She is such a doll.

On other news, watched the rugby while oh periodically remindedme to breathe. Did a top up shop but otherwise have had an uneventful few days. Have requested a few more pounds from tcb so will transfer that once received and remembered that I owe my grumpy man fluish son £50 which I will pay tomorrow. Oh spoiled me today and bought me the kondo book which I have devoured. I've made it through the discard section but am not going any further as I think that if I do I will just try to organise stuff I should get rid of. Did a charity shop and recycling centre run today so some things are gone never to return. This included a carrier bag full of computer bits and OH has also binned some leads. I hope you all realise what a break through this is. I have also said goodbye to two jackets inc one I had a weep over due to the memories it conjured up. It was one of those I kept in the expectation of fitting into it some day. Today I realised that even if I did I wouldn't be the person who used to wear it so out it goes. Today I am grateful for

My OH
    Inspiration I get from this site
    The rugby results
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So, another week underway and I'm feeling the mid month slump. Nothing much to report but am afraid that it would be too easy to stop posting if I don't stick with it. Have rolled my underwear drawer and a ridiculous amount of space has emerged. Am hoping to tackle the hot press on Wednesday. Some days I struggle to contain my excitement. Today I am grateful
    To see lilty posting again
    For the return of a friend's dogs
    For nice clients.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    I admire your smarts with the Kondo book. I would do the exact same, but not have the sense to realise that is what I was doing!! :rotfl: also how sweet of OH :D

Thanks for your insight into colleague. I am still feeling very oomph about it, and actively dreading going back into work. I don't want to cause issues by talking but at the same time do not want to be seen to be doing as requested via extreme channels by a walking, talking, muppet. She is honestly the most unpleasant person I have ever had to work with and I was once locked in a cupboard by a 20ish fella who proceeded to flash me. :eek: :rotfl: still you are right. I need to not let outside issues affect me in here and the support is fab :kiss: thank you!! x

Cross posting... thank you again! :) xx
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Lilt, have you noticed how some people appear to attract a more eventful life than others? How did you get out of the cupboard?

Anyhow, did a dublin trip yesterday. Was a good meeting and got home for about half eight to watch eastenders on catch up followed by holby. Today is my non working day and I'm actually off with an out of office on my email. No big plans bar some more decluttering and hopefully the transfer of a tcb payment to the mortgage. On Monday, oh and I scraped together payment for a weekly bill so I can transfer that to the mortgage too. It truly is addictive. Hope hump day goes quickly for everyone. Take care.
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Yes, funny that isn't it?!?! :eek: maybe it is just that some people internalise it all but we all have equally crazy lives?!

I banged on the wall to bosses office, scared the bejebus out of her, and he backed off rather quickly and unlocked it. He 'left' not long after. Odd man... very odd.

Yay for more OP's to the mortgage; it does seem very addictive!! P.S.. thank you for looking out for me. Will send you a mail later, but at work trying to get something/anything completed. Spanners in the works everywhere I look!

Enjoy your day off!! :D xx
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Pleased you've got your day off as an actual day off :j:j

Well done on the continuing OPs and hope the decluttering is going well too. Gorgeous weather for flinging windows open and throwing out the old. :)

Lilt - shocking with your work, both currently and the cupboard incident :eek: Thinking of you today and hoping there's positive news and progress.
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today wasn't anywhere near as productive as it should have been but I'm not bothered. I was tired so I napped and the world didn't stop turning. Am feeling far better for it. Dinner was fish and chips, probably my one religious observance. Everyone's home and I'm off to bed. Today I am grateful for
    Local shops
    A takeaway
    More items being earmarked for disposal.
  • Magsnoodle
    Options
    You're doing really well INOD. I still love reading the three things you are grateful for.

Have a great weekend xxx
    E.F. #38 240.55/1000 SPC8 #375
    DFBXmas 2015 #162 18554 /18554 100%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills