Trying to get on track

Options

Comments

• liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Really glad you managed to rebut 80% of the comments INOD. I am sure you could have managed 100% but I think 80% is enough to tell them to stick it ;)

Hope you have a joyful weekend free of work stress! x
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Delighted you've got a holiday booked - I don't feel so alone in having mine now :rotfl:

You're a brill mortgage muncher, that'll be a huge milestone getting to 5 figures and can't wait to see that achieved. :j

Good job done on the exit interview response, that'll slip away to being a distant memory soon. :)

Hope you've got a relaxing weekend to look forward to :beer:
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today the sun is shining and I'm feeling more determined than usual to get things sorted. Went to mr l yesterday. No light bulbs but on offer avocados for my guacamole addicted daughter, mini plum tomatoes for so much less than cherry tomatoes and other necessary bits and pieces that came in at around £12. An afternoon was however spent watching the rugby with little productive done apart from pairing socks. Hit a slump yesterday so we've agreed to get a few non routine things done today to create the illusion, if nothing else, of moving forward.

One task is to count and bag up loose coins as I discovered the upstairs change pot was overflowing. When I mentioned it, oh commented that he had meant to say. That could be reducing my mortgage term! Still, I updated the sig yesterday and while I think we will need some kind of an injection to meet my two year target, it's a lot healthier than without the LBM. I'm determined to hit the 103s by the end of this month. Just need to nag OH into ebaying.

Today I am grateful for technical difficulties experienced on a website yesterday that will probably result in me saving over £100 as I then considered what, if anything, I needed. Answer a £12 item I can get elsewhere and I actually have access to vouchers to cover it. Hope everyone's having a good weekend. Will be back later to report progress.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today oh and I scraped together £27 for a bill. Added to this was just over £10 from tcb all tted to £42 odds. Op made and sig updated. So some laundry is done, I made dinner and it was edible. Cleared away some previously homeless items. Identified two food items with 2016 sell by dates that I was thinking of giving to food bank as I have a surplus. They aren't on lists of items wanted so I'm not sure if they'd be accepted. Does anyone know? Finally got one of many dumping grounds finally cleared. Not a big task but one that never seems to conclude. While I didn't get lots done today, I did get some stuff done and feel so much better for it. Today I am grateful for a dinner that utilised on their way out veggies, my lovely OH, money freeing up for an op.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Monday and today I will be in the office. Have lunch to look forward to with a colleague. Didn't get coins counted but will manage that pre Wednesday as that's when I can make a lodgement. Dinner for this evening is sorted. Based on stuff that had to be dumped from the fridge yesterday, I need to get more involved in this. Right. Need to get a wiggle on. Hope the week gets off to a good start for everyone.
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder to check cashback! £2.10 payable out of £40 odd, but every little helps! ;)

Hate dumping fridge stuff. Made a pact with myself this year. If I cannot foresee an immediate meal that requires it, and cannot make soup if that fails, then I am not buying it! It isn't going great all of the time but I am sure wasting less!

Sounds to me like you got loads of useful stuff done :D:D and you know, relaxing is a thing you need to get done occasionally too ;) rugby sounds perfect! xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    my prob is lilt that i shop for me, the trying to be atkins compliant OH and DD who works weird shifts resulting in weird eating patterns. she also exercises quite a bit and can sometimes do an imazing Ms Pacman impersonation. i try to predict but it only goes so far.

So, for the second consecutive workday, i left my laptop behind on monday and used a spare in the office. Tuesday, I was in Dublin and determined it was coming with me. left home at 6:45, picked up colleague at 7 and while waiting, realised mu handbag wasn't in the car. got her, raced home convinced i'd driven off with it on the roof , to find said item sitting in the hall. had to waken the household though as my keys were in that bag. Go popular me :T

pretty good day in Dublin but need to go back tomorrow. on the plus side, got to the bank and lodged my coppers £13. treated my sis to lunch at a graden centre with a living social voucher that would expire soon and also used 2 vouchers at £10 each for £20 worth of plants. also, left boots in for heeling and got some other bits and bobs done. did some work in the garden and was totally shattered after just an hour :eek:

got myself a cuppa and went to transfer my lodgement to the mortgage. TCB had paid out along with the £50 cashback on new freezer so it was all TTed to £255.34 and look at my sig :j:j Have broken another £1k barrier.

it's weird though a big part of me wants to celebrate this milestone by going out for a meal:o

instead, i will rummage in the freezer and try to be good. hope everyone's climbing that midweek hump. we're heading for the weekend :beer:
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Incredible progress INOD :T:T Well done.

And what a relief to find your handbag was at home and hadn't flown off the roof of your car!

Slap up meal out of the freezer sounds a good compromise in celebration :D
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • millionaire_in_training
    Options
    all good stuff INOD. Just catching up with you
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Heading for bed. Another 13 hour day with a 200 mile drive included. So tired. I love my bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure